closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: speedbird not available ??

speedbird not available ??

someone told me TF aren't going to issue any more of these. is that true or just a vicious rumour?
    if it is true, I'm really very surprised. i would have thought it was one of TF's best sellers and a 'staple in the stable'... eddie?
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

I ordered more 3 months ago but when I received the offer, the price was 40% higher than I paid in 2015, partly due to the increase in the price of movements but mainly because of the value of the pound against the euro. When (if) the exchange rate improves, I'll get more.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Is it worth observing that the Pound/Euro exchange rate now is where it was for most of 2013 and not at all atypical looking back over the past 10 years.

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    I ordered more 3 months ago but when I received the offer, the price was 40% higher than I paid in 2015, partly due to the increase in the price of movements but mainly because of the value of the pound against the euro. When (if) the exchange rate improves, I'll get more.

Eddie

Quote Originally Posted by MartinCRC View Post
    Is it worth observing that the Pound/Euro exchange rate now is where it was for most of 2013 and not at all atypical looking back over the past 10 years.

Martin
    Where it is now still doesn't change the price of the offer I received. When I last paid for the Speedbird I got almost 1.40 € to the £, today I'd get about 1.16.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    Where it is now still doesn't change the price of the offer I received. When I last paid for the Speedbird I got almost 1.40 € to the £, today I'd get about 1.16.

Eddie
    If you last received a quote when the £ was just shy of €1.40 then clearly you might reasonably expect a hike in the region of 20% or less based on its value now. However, the average value of the pound in the years since the SBIII was released is probably around €1.20 which suggests that the main source of price increase over that period should be inflation rather than exchange rate volatility from one year to the next. I wonder what the price of the SBIII would be now allowing solely for 9 or 10 years worth of inflation?

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by MartinCRC View Post
    If the movements are from Switzerland it will be ultimately the rate against the Swiss Franc that drives price quoted. The pound is worth about half what it was 10 years ago.

(hence "watches are an investment" sentiment for those whose only reference is prices in pounds over the last 10 years they can remember)