closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Only Two Watches

Banned
    2 watch collection !!

Seikoboy

I've gone down from 6 to 2, ended up with a Seiko SKX007 for weekday wear & a 16600 Sea-Dweller for evenings & weekends! Might be back up to three, if I can't shake the want for an early 80's Day Date!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by UKWatchGuy View Post
    What happened to your Rolex Explorer I ?
    Oh i still have it but i never wear it stored in the safe. It will be a heirloom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's an impossible question but if I had to only have two watches they would be two I currently don't own and that would be a JLC Geophysic 1958 and maybe a JLC Deepsea Chrono. If I had to do it on a strict budget it would be my Seiko SARG005 and MM300 that I already have.

I think the two watch dilemma only makes sense if you limit the total price of the two watches and more relevant of a question when keeping that cap low. Let's say around the £1000 mark. It's a big enough budget to be creative and just about low enough that its realistic for most WIS to envisage affording.

I'd go for the Seiko Landmaster as mentioned previously in this article and probably something from Eddie (at the moment my favourite is the PRS-12 chronograph), not many more people deliver value for money. If I was allowed to stretch and get a g-shock, then for sure the Rangeman. Really is the best all round G.

Journeyman
    I can live with only an Orient Flight + a Nomos Orion.

Only Two Watches

Quote Originally Posted by julian2002 View Post
    4) A Rolex Sky Dweller, love a GMT and there is something about this watch but it's a bit 'in your face'
    I think the SkyDweller is such a great watch on leather and with the month indicator not in red. I see them as an older man's watch and look forward to hopefully buying one later on in life.
    Last edited by wileeeeeey; 13th May 2017 at 13:01.

Craftsman
    From my current collection I would probably choose my Armida a8 as my daily. Solid watch, versatile with two bezel options (brass with black insert and solid brass) and any knocks or scratches add to the patina and can be easily polished up. The second would be my Seiko SARB033 as it's a smaller classier watch that can easily be worn with smart casual as well as a suit. Again, versatile with diffent straps.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Apprentice

Only Two?!?!?

I don't think I will ever reduce my collection below 3 timepieces, but I guess I could get by with My Tudor Pelagos and Rolex GMT Master II BLNR....

A couple of months ago I was up around the 15 mark, today I am effectively down to one.

That said, I do have a second watch but it is far too small for me to wear and I only bought it as a bit of fun because it has my surname on the dial. So in theory two watches.

I will go back up to two or three watches at some point as I have a Speedy Tuesday incoming, but not certain if that is a keeper or not. I have a WTB out for a Smiths Radio Room (PRS 28) but not a sniff yet.

At present planning to run with just the one watch...

Master

Cool

Very nice Blancpain,good luck there Ken.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    I think the SkyDweller is such a great watch on leather and with the month indicator not in red. I see them as an older man's watch and look forward to hopefully buying one later on in life.
    I'm an 'old man' and think they are too bulky and pretty ugly. A simple Datejust can look far nicer. The classics endure for a reason. Sadly, thevSkydweller is no classic.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    A couple of months ago I was up around the 15 mark, today I am effectively down to one.
    Can I ask, what prompted you to go down to effectively one?
    It is a beautiful one to go down to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Can I ask, what prompted you to go down to effectively one?
    It is a beautiful one to go down to mind.

Most of the watches that I had were in the £300 to £500 bracket, Steinhart, Orient, CWC etc and finding a sensible rotation wasn't easy and in all honesty I didn't want the responsibility (and cost) of servicing so many watches, so took the decision to slim down and use the money to buy something a little higher up the horological chain. In the first instance I bought another Omega Snoopy, but it just didn't hit the spot second time around so when the opportunity arose to trade it for the BP FF I just had to go with it.

I did look at a watch on SC the other day, but just looked at the wrist and thought would I want to take the FF off to wear it and the answer was no. I am trying to see if it is possible to live with just one main watch.

Journeyman
    Lots of interesting and wonderful comments and watches. GMT Master II Black Bezel and Omega Planet Ocean CoAxial for me. Sorry no photos at hand at the moment.

Craftsman
    My 2 would have to be the 14060m no date sub and a Tudor big block.

Master
    18 hear... so not the best person to ask for advice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned
    GMT Steel ceramic for everyday and gold Daytona Paul Newman dial for special occasions

Seikoboy

Craftsman
    Most of the watches that I had were in the £300 to £500 bracket, Steinhart, Orient, CWC etc and finding a sensible rotation wasn't easy and in all honesty I didn't want the responsibility (and cost) of servicing so many watches, so took the decision to slim down and use the money to buy something a little higher up the horological chain. In the first instance I bought another Omega Snoopy, but it just didn't hit the spot second time around so when the opportunity arose to trade it for the BP FF I just had to go with it.

I did look at a watch on SC the other day, but just looked at the wrist and thought would I want to take the FF off to wear it and the answer was no. I am trying to see if it is possible to live with just one main watch.
    This is exactly the situation I'm in but I haven't yet pulled the trigger to sell up and get a speedy pro.
    Without sounding too emotional, do you miss the watches you sold? That will be my main worry.

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    This is exactly the situation I'm in but I haven't yet pulled the trigger to sell up and get a speedy pro.
    Without sounding too emotional, do you miss the watches you sold? That will be my main worry.

Absolutely not. At the end of the day they are just watches and as such assets with some value to them. Once you have the Speedy Pro if you missed one you could always save up and buy it back. Easier to save up a few hundred than a few thousand.

Absolutely not. At the end of the day they are just watches and as such assets with some value to them. Once you have the Speedy Pro if you missed one you could always save up and buy it back. Easier to save up a few hundred than a few thousand.
    This makes sense to me.