closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Skoda Kodiaq - Anybody tried one?

Skoda Kodiaq - Anybody tried one?

Spotted one yesterday in black - looked very nice.

Anybody tried one/driven one - any thoughts?
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Not yet, but I will do. By all accounts it's just my current car (New Superb) on stilts. With 7 seats. The engines, infotainment, Dynamic chassis + driver aids are all the same apparently. As I am a big, big fan of my current car I think this is a good thing. The mags tested it against the Kia Sorento and Disco Sport and the Kodiaq was well in front.

Very interested as I might well chop mine in and give the missus the Kodiaq as the new family bus. I got a cracking deal on mine as a 6 month old dealer principal car so am planning to do the same :)

Master
    There seems to be pretty good lease deals on these. Would be interested in first hand experiences too.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I've been waiting for the release for ages. Ive got 4 kids so need 7 seats. Went and saw one last week. Underwhelmed if I'm honest. It might be that I'd just left the Kia garage with the Sorento but it felt a bit cheap. Although in fairness, is is cheap! Coincidentally, the one I looked at was black and it's not a nice colour for it IMO.

Look great to me, but only petrol on launch in Australia which doesn't make any sense to me.
    It's just a matter of time...

Master
    My brother in law picked his up last Monday - seems vey happy with it. Not seen it myself yet but will report back when I do.

maseman

Craftsman

Kodiaq

I've test drove one and was very surprised by the dealer saying I could take it for an hour.
    Apparently they are going to be doing 5 seaters across the range in the next 2 to three weeks. But no prices as yet. Dealer will get back to us as we are looking at the edition model with a few extras!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by omega steve View Post
    I've test drove one and was very surprised by the dealer saying I could take it for an hour.
    Apparently they are going to be doing 5 seaters across the range in the next 2 to three weeks. But no prices as yet. Dealer will get back to us as we are looking at the edition model with a few extras!

I heard that the Edition model is circa 33k

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by hilly10 View Post
    I heard that the Edition model is circa 33k
    Yes that's correct. But you do a lot for the money and it's well put together.

Get yourself over to Briskoda:

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/forum/339-skoda-kodiaq/

Loads of real-world owner info

Blog Entries
    Having a quick browse of Briskoda threads.....be careful if you need to tow.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vagabond View Post
    Mmmm. Still happy with my CR-V after reading this, But I like the styling of the Skoda.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by vagabond View Post
    It's the seven seat version its not homologated for towing as yet, I noticed that when I checked one out on line.

There are a few videos on carwow, one grumble is the lurch forward in first or reverse (Auto) after releasing the footbrake.

Other than that I really like it as a Tow car.

Quote Originally Posted by Fords View Post
    It's the seven seat version its not homologated for towing as yet, I noticed that when I checked one out on line.

There are a few videos on carwow, one grumble is the lurch forward in first or reverse (Auto) after releasing the footbrake.

Other than that I really like it as a Tow car.
    I get the lurch in my DSG Octavia...could be my heavy foot mind. Although in Sport it is more responsive obviously. Interested in the Kodiaq in 7-seat config as they seem good value and Skodas are well made for the money. It will be interesting to see where the secondhand value sits when they start hitting in 2-3 years.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dougair View Post
    I get the lurch in my DSG Octavia...could be my heavy foot mind. Although in Sport it is more responsive obviously. Interested in the Kodiaq in 7-seat config as they seem good value and Skodas are well made for the money. It will be interesting to see where the secondhand value sits when they start hitting in 2-3 years.
    I like Skoda, the Kodiaq is basically a re badged Q7 I was thinking of getting one when I trade in my A8 but I only need the 5 seat version so it's fine for towing my 2000kg twin axle.

Fords mate if you want to tow then stop messing about and buy a Discovery like a real man!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk280 View Post
    Fords mate if you want to tow then stop messing about and buy a Discovery like a real man!
    Bwahahahaaaa!!!....(*back of the net*)

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa View Post
    Bwahahahaaaa!!!....(*back of the net*)
    Erm...thanks.

Just one more post hey?

Quote Originally Posted by Fords View Post
    I like Skoda, the Kodiaq is basically a re badged Q7 I was thinking of getting one when I trade in my A8 but I only need the 5 seat version so it's fine for towing my 2000kg twin axle.
    I thought that when I was looking at them but when we checked the measurements they were more like the size of a Q5. To be fair though the salesman didn't know much about them!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk280 View Post
    I was speaking to the rest of the family about this while waiting for some tarmac to be delivered, we all agreed we'd soon have the transit's.

This is sufficient to persuade me to hang on to my Yeti

https://www.driving.co.uk/car-review...-skoda-kodiaq/