closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recommend me a lawnmower

I got an electric Honda and a Mountfield with a Honda engine. Very good, easy 4 out of 5 for both. Petrol job needs a bit of TLC now, broken cable etc but still does a good job. I wonder how much I would be charged if I do not do that bit of TLC myself.

Then I saw this today,
    Self-propelled lawn mower with powerful 4-stroke engine, ideal for tough conditions. Cutting height adjustment from 25mm to 75mm, collapsible grass box and collection bag indicator to alert when bag has reached full capacity. Handles have comfortable foam grip and fold down for compact storage in shed or garage. Its got a Briggs and Stratton engine and its £135.00 at Screwfix all in.

http://www.screwfix.com/p/titan-dym1...ails_container

Have to say I'm really impressed with Titan products. I don't know how the offer such good quality for the money but I haven't been disappointed yet, I've just ordered their leaf blower and garden vacuum - petrol engined too.

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyO View Post
    Most of the Bosch Rotak I looked at were made in China with the exception of the Rotak 40 which is made in the UK.

After my my last experience I had a very thorough poke around the assembled Rotak 40 on display and was pleased to see that this appears to be just as robust as my previous defunct Rotak 34 so I've bought one.

If it lasts as long as its predecessor I will be happy.
    Thanks for giving it such a thorough poke, I think I might pull the trigger on this bad boy!

http://www.homebase.co.uk/en/homebas...n-mower-325701

Last edited by Rocket Man; 23rd May 2017 at 20:37.

there's a bosch rotak on sale at screw fix atm
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by seikopath View Post
    there's a bosch rotak on sale at screw fix atm
    Thanks for the 'heads up'.

Looks like it's the 37 not the 40 on sale. Jeremy0 has established that only the 40 is made in the UK so I think I'll go for that one.

Master
    Five years ago I was given a well used Tecumseh Partner 44. It's cut consistently and perfectly every season, first time out of the shed after winter and it starts immediately. All I've done is put petrol in it - no servicing, no cleaning, no maintenance. It just keeps working.

Here's one, not mine though...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
    Thanks for giving it such a thorough poke, I think I might pull the trigger on this bad boy! http://www.homebase.co.uk/en/homebas...n-mower-325701
    I've had the 37" since Autumn 2015. So far very pleased with it. Nice and light and manoeuvrable. The pistol grips work nicely too. Not sure being made in the UK makes much odds. My Audi is built in Spain not Germany
    Last edited by reecie; 24th May 2017 at 20:13.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by reecie View Post
    I've had the 37" since Autumn 2015. So far very pleased with it. Nice and light and manoeuvrable. The pistol grips work nicely too. Not sure being made in the UK makes much odds. My Audi is built in Spain not Germany
    I wasn't saying that because the Rotak 40 is made in the UK makes it better I merely stated that the Rotak 40 looks to be more robust than the present Rotak 37 and 34.

It was the grassbox on the Rotak 34 which seemed particularly flimsy and the same design was apparent on the Rotak 37 that was in store.

It may well be that they have changed design recently, I don't know.

Master
    The grassbox seems pretty solid on mine. Once it is all clipped up out the box that is it. Coped fine with being rammed with grass at times.

Rotak 40 amazon special today 130quid
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.