closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Fire at Goldsmiths Bull Ring today.

Craftsman

Fire at Goldsmiths Bull Ring today.

Sprinkler system was apparently very effective but as a result a lot of damaged stock. Fortunately no injuries reported.

That explains why it's closed. I thought they've been hit by brexit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When's the sale ?

Wasn't that the shop were the salesman was a member on here and blocked a BLNR sale (I think) because of comments seen in WT.

Banned
    Goldsmiths have the pushiest sales people. Can't even look through the window without being approached.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Wasn't that the shop were the salesman was a member on here and blocked a BLNR sale (I think) because of comments seen in WT.
    hotman14, or something like that ;-)

Interestingly, since that hideous incident he has remained a very regular visitor here but never again posted, even to answer the claims made against him or talk about the private sales of watches and parts...

Naughtiness aside, I am well aware of how awful a fire is, as members may remember I suffered one in November 2015. The speed it spreads and damage it causes are awful (though with swift action from all we lost almost no stock).

This picture would suggest that fire damage did not extend too far throughout the shop, but smoke and water can still mess up all sorts of vital services that will need to be remedied.

H
    Last edited by Haywood_Milton; 30th April 2017 at 16:16.

I know a really good lady who works there

Called her about the new SD and she has sorted me out I believe when they come

One bad apple doesn't make it a bad place

Quote Originally Posted by Haywood_Milton View Post

H
    Are the green buckets genuine Rolex Haywood? One definitely looks fake

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweepinghand View Post

I don't believe anyone has suggested it is worse than any other Goldsmiths, but the fact that the bad apple might be a tz-uk member who went out of his way to stuff another member, while himself happily trading watches privately, might be the reason he is remembered.

H

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by andrewcregan View Post
    Are the green buckets genuine Rolex Haywood? One definitely looks fake
    Mark III (thin handle).

That fireman looks like he's taking the opportunity to add himself to their list for the new Daytona.

walked past it today and was wondering what happened? All the stocks were taken off the displays except Tags

Master
    Tags have the coveted 1hr fire rating

Tags

Not worth saving.

Quote Originally Posted by -Ally- View Post
    Not worth saving.

I had heard that fire damaged ones are worth more?!

Quote Originally Posted by petethegeek View Post
    That fireman looks like he's taking the opportunity to add himself to their list for the new Daytona.
    If he's stood over their display of pre-owned watches, he's probably having a good laugh at their asking prices.

Well said, I've never felt pressured in this shop either.

Michael
    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Yorkshiremadmick View Post

Michael
    We are not talking about how they are in the shop when they offer you a coffee and some biscuits, we are talking about a member of staff who saw something on here and ensured that a watch that was being delivered to someone who was on a waiting list was withdrawn. Basically a case of because we have information from TZ we are now refusing to sell the watch to you.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    We are not talking about how they are in the shop when they offer you a coffee and some biscuits, we are talking about a member of staff who saw something on here and ensured that a watch that was being delivered to someone who was on a waiting list was withdrawn. Basically a case of because we have information from TZ we are now refusing to sell the watch to you.
    A member of staff...and a member here.

I'm sure the next person on that BLNR list was very grateful that Hatman did what he did.

I'm sure the next person on that BLNR list was very grateful that Hatman did what he did.
    Unless it was just a ploy so someone at Goldsmiths could buy it themselves and take the instant profit from the likes of Watchfinder. Are we to assume that their staff are above such things.

Master
    That next person on the list may have then sold the BLNR to a friend --- a privilege not denied to him, because he happened not to be so unfortunate as to share membership here with the salesman.

Compare this with our fellow, wronged member who offered the watch here because he no longer wanted it but hoped only to allow another tz-er to have it : http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...light=Hatman14
    Last edited by Haywood_Milton; 1st May 2017 at 00:34.

Clearly a wrong'un then.

Mixing work with pleasure is never really advisable.

Master

But isn't that the epitome of a bad salesman? Sorting out friends before everybody else?

Master
    Still no need to set fire to the place over a BLNR

Master
    That next person on the list may have then sold the BLNR to a friend --- a privilege not denied to him, because he happened not to be so unfortunate as to share membership here with the salesman.

Compare this with our fellow, wronged member who offered the watch here because he no longer wanted it but hoped only to allow another tz-er to have it : http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...light=Hatman14
    I remember reading this at the time and being pretty disgusted with his actions. More so really that he apparently kept logging on to read all the replies but didn't have the bottle to respond.

Just read through that. Very poor show from Goldsmiths!

Grand Master
    Not worth saving.
    Can`t understand the anti-TAG snobbery on this forum........these comments were made in jest but they represent a view held by many on here, usually from folks who feel they've progressed to better things just because they now wear something more expensive.

I`ve worked on plenty of TAGs and believe me there's nothing wrong with the quality. The one on my wrist at the moment (freshly serviced TAG Aquaracer, ETA 2824) is giving the best performance (accuracy and precision) I`ve seen from a watch in a long while, there's absolutely no reason to deride these watches.

If it isn`t snobbery and elitism I don`t know what it is, it certainly isn`t informed objective comment.

Paul

A member of staff...and a member here.
    That was the issue and still remains so.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

I refuse to step one foot back in that place since one manager felt the need to justify the rarity of the Daytona (116520) by firstly suggesting mine was fake and then some rubbish about no warranty and I'd avoided paying duty as I purchased it from a Spanish AD, I was actually about to make a purchase so can't fathom the reasons for his actions other then being a cock so I just got up and walked out.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Yorkshiremadmick View Post

Michael
    Another happy customer here, I have never had a bad experience whilst viewing or when buying my Tudor North Flag from this shop.

Master
    I am sure that this shop would not be in business if they did not have many happy customers ! I am sure that there are many WIS / non-WIS types in Brum who may be well catered-for by this GS.

My personal experience of GS, albeit their Leicester shops, is that they offer excellent customer service.

I would not excuse the behaviour of Hatman 14 though.

The display cases look intact. Doubt anything will have been damaged or on sale.

That depends on whether they retain the services of said bad apple in their business.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    Can`t understand the anti-TAG snobbery on this forum........these comments were made in jest but they represent a view held by many on here, usually from folks who feel they've progressed to better things just because they now wear something more expensive.

I`ve worked on plenty of TAGs and believe me there's nothing wrong with the quality. The one on my wrist at the moment (freshly serviced TAG Aquaracer, ETA 2824) is giving the best performance (accuracy and precision) I`ve seen from a watch in a long while, there's absolutely no reason to deride these watches.

If it isn`t snobbery and elitism I don`t know what it is, it certainly isn`t informed objective comment.

Paul
    Agreed. I've not been a member on TZ for long but I've been surprised by the negative viewpoint on TAG. I've owned a 200m Professional for nearly 20 years and it's been my daily wearer for almost all of that. It's been faultless and still looks rather nice in an understated way.

I'm not evangelical about TAG in any way but I wondered if I was missing something regarding their quality but based on Pauls comments above perhaps the bad press here is ill informed.

Am I wrong here? Is there an issue with their quality or design or is it just perception?

Phil.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMater View Post
    Agreed. I've not been a member on TZ for long but I've been surprised by the negative viewpoint on TAG. I've owned a 200m Professional for nearly 20 years and it's been my daily wearer for almost all of that. It's been faultless and still looks rather nice in an understated way.

I'm not evangelical about TAG in any way but I wondered if I was missing something regarding their quality but based on Pauls comments above perhaps the bad press here is ill informed.

Am I wrong here? Is there an issue with their quality or design or is it just perception?

Phil.
    Off topic really but it is really just snobbery. I have owned many Tags and still own two (I'm wearing a Kirium quartz chronograph right now).

They are seen as an entry into quality watches and dismissed once people have moved on. The fact that they use mainly non in-house movements and they publicly announced that they were going to use cheaper movements has put a lot of people off.

They are probably the most innovative movement maker of the twenty first century so far but that fact tends to be ignored by many.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post

Paul
    If you're buying luxury watches for "performance"...then you're in the wrong game im afraid....
    Although having said that I have nothing against Tag Heuers and I think they make some nice looking chronographs in that price range.

Master
    I hold my hands up! It was me I tried to burn the shit hole down, hopefully lee got his fingers burnt! That place was as hot as those new daytona straps he was pushing elsewhere, I'm a real great believer in karma, those assholes got a nice dose! Clowns

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by fordystar View Post
    I hold my hands up! It was me I tried to burn the shit hole down, hopefully lee got his fingers burnt! That place was as hot as those new daytona straps he was pushing elsewhere, I'm a real great believer in karma, those assholes got a nice dose! Clowns

Presumably this is an attempt at humour, in which case it has seriously failed.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ajpac View Post
    Presumably this is an attempt at humour, in which case it has seriously failed.
    Nobody got hurt, chill out, they pissed me about so I couldn't really give a toss.