closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: PRS25 crown not screwing down

PRS25 crown not screwing down

My PRS25 crown isn't screwing down. It's progressively got worse over the last few months and seemed to end up working but locking down on the last thread.
    I've always slightly screwed it back and then forward to screw down... anyway the threads seem to have gone.

Does anyone know what's involved to repair it and the best person to do it?

Rod

Craftsman
    sounds like a wear and tear situation, maybe if you can ask eddie if he can sell one of the cases to you, send him a private pm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thepoetboy View Post
    sounds like a wear and tear situation, maybe if you can ask eddie if he can sell one of the cases to you, send him a private pm

Why do you think it needs a new case? I`ve not handled one of these but I`d be amazed if the pendant tube isn`t a separate part!

New pendant tube and crown is the answer. I`ve fixed a couple of Speedbird 111s where the threads have worn, not sure about this one. The Speedbird 111 needs a very small torx driver (+ plenty of heat) to get the tube out of the case, no idea if this one's the same.

Paul

Craftsman
    its either or case or crown, but if it has been cross thread best to replaced both

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    Why do you think it needs a new case? I`ve not handled one of these but I`d be amazed if the pendant tube isn`t a separate part!

New pendant tube and crown is the answer. I`ve fixed a couple of Speedbird 111s where the threads have worn, not sure about this one. The Speedbird 111 needs a very small torx driver (+ plenty of heat) to get the tube out of the case, no idea if this one's the same.

Paul

Looks like a tube on here.

Craftsman
    one would assume a watch collector would not want to mess with a watch unless he is himself is a watch maker or a very experience watch enthusiast with the correct tools of course

Thanks for the replies so far. I'm going to communicate with Roland Kemner and see what he can do for me.