closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Up to 50% Off - CASIO Outlet

Up to 50% Off - CASIO Outlet

Just received an e-mail from Casio regarding deals at the Casio Outlet Store .... Frogman at £400 (reduced from £800), Gulfmasters £240 and £290 (reduced from £480 and £580), MTGs at £490, £590 and £725 etc. They are marked as 'B Grade' ("Approved Casio B-Grade Products sold from our Outlet Store are guaranteed to be authentic. Although there may be defects in the product's external packaging, the product itself is in pristine condition, and will work exactly the same as a new Casio product. Even better, our B-Grade Products are covered by the same warranty as new Casio products"), but seem pretty good deals if anyone is interested. Edifice and Baby G too ...

https://outlet.casio.co.uk

HAGWE all ...
    Last edited by mantaray; 29th April 2017 at 11:39.

Wow thanks for that, I didn't even know casio had a official outlet store, some very good prices there, the new gulfmaster for £350 is very tempting.

Craftsman
    Just bought one! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Frakius View Post
    Wow thanks for that, I didn't even know casio had a official outlet store, some very good prices there, the new gulfmaster for £350 is very tempting.
    I have the new gulfmaster & I would highly recommend it especially at that price!

Craftsman
    Anybody know what g shock mtg shows up at the top of the home page? The pic that shows 50% off, an edifice and then the g shock?

Well, I wasn't intending on buying another G-Shock, but couldn't resist!

Thanks OP lol

Craftsman
    That's the old Frogman though right? But it's using the new ones code?
    Last edited by Grandsire; 29th April 2017 at 21:58.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewcregan View Post
    Well, I wasn't intending on buying another G-Shock, but couldn't resist!

Thanks OP lol
    Sorry Andrew - I'm sure you needed another G-Shock though! Best, Mantaray

Thanks for the heads up

It's at times like this I wish I knew more about G Shocks than I do! I'm sure there's a real bargain among that lot. Somewhere!

Prices are a bit odd. B grade GW3000M4AER is half price at £350, but in the shop new at £310?
    Last edited by Scrubnut; 30th April 2017 at 12:08.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Very tempted by this one

https://outlet.casio.co.uk/B-Grade-C...G-G1000D-1A2ER

bit only as a reference to check my other watches.

Quote Originally Posted by Grandsire View Post
    That's the old Frogman though right? But it's using the new ones code?
    I have had a good look at this, I think the Casio people have used the wrong picture from the 2009 frogman to advertise the 2016 Europe version.

The specs listed are for the new one, the old one in the picture RRP was 500 GBP and is not as feature loaded as the new one and does not have the carbon inlaid strap and the sapphire crystal.

So my view if it is the new one, which I am sure it is. £400 is a great price even if the packaging is a bit bashed the watch which in my view is the important bit is fine, this is a good purchase for someone.

I am tempted but I have a older frogman, just got a Mudmaster and I think this is better going to someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by roondog View Post
    I have the new gulfmaster & I would highly recommend it especially at that price!
    I've just bought it.

Quote Originally Posted by ben4watches View Post
    Very tempted by this one

They are very high quality and for a GPS, made in Japan at that price, compared to the cost of the citizen, which is also very good, I think at this price it is very good purchase, If you compare with other watches at this discounted price point.

Not tried one my self, as a bit to shiny for me but had a look at one a while back, build quality is up there with watches costing a lot more.

I have a new found love for Casio quartz and the G-Shock seems like the next step (I have a FW9 and an AW-80). Do they wear as huge as their case dimensions suggest? Is there a smaller size G Shock option besides the Baby G? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrubnut View Post
    I've just bought it.
    Nice one.

Thanks for the OP for the heads up.

:)

Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    I have a new found love for Casio quartz and the G-Shock seems like the next step (I have a FW9 and an AW-80). Do they wear as huge as their case dimensions suggest? Is there a smaller size G Shock option besides the Baby G? Thanks.
    In my opinion, although the specs on paper make them seem huge, on the wrist for comfort and wear the size is reasonable. We have several baby G and FW9 in the family as my son's and wife wore them, my children quickly moved on to bigger style G - Shocks.

My best advice is to try a few on in the high street stores to get a idea of what you find is comfortable and how you feel the size is. They do not seem as big on as they appear though the window.

There was a mid size G shock range though slightly bigger than a baby G with more toned down styling. But the range is always changing so tracking one down might be a challenge but not impossible.

:)

Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    I have a Casio Rangeman which is a big watch, however as they are so light the only time I notice the size is with shirt cuffs, they really won't fit under most unless you are wearing very loose fitting sleeves. It's a very comfortable watch, and I was worried initially at the size, however I love it now and wear it a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by ben4watches View Post
    Very tempted by this one

I'll tell you what it's like when it turns up.

Quote Originally Posted by Gyp View Post
    I'll tell you what it's like when it turns up.
    That's a steal at £550 IMO. There's an excellent review by yonsson:

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...ock-MTG-G1000D

Quote Originally Posted by Possu View Post
    That's a steal at £550 IMO. There's an excellent review by yonsson:

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...ock-MTG-G1000D
    I'll be interesting​ to see how the g-shock Zaratsu polishing holds up compared with that on my GS.

And how big it wears on my puny wrists compared with my 45.5mm Avenger...

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    If it is the new frogman it's a great deal even in comparison to the others which can be found on different sale more often.

Talked myself out of it though due to size but might try one on tomorrow just to see.

Quote Originally Posted by pastrana72 View Post
    I have had a good look at this, I think the Casio people have used the wrong picture from the 2009 frogman to advertise the 2016 Europe version.

The specs listed are for the new one, the old one in the picture RRP was 500 GBP and is not as feature loaded as the new one and does not have the carbon inlaid strap and the sapphire crystal.

So my view if it is the new one, which I am sure it is. £400 is a great price even if the packaging is a bit bashed the watch which in my view is the important bit is fine, this is a good purchase for someone.

I am tempted but I have a older frogman, just got a Mudmaster and I think this is better going to someone else.

Well... the MTG arrived today.

And it's, well, huge.

Enormous.

It's a clock.

I thought it might wear a little larger than my Avenger, but no, it looks like I've strapped a church clock to my wrist.

Perhaps it's because I wore a 36mm GS yesterday and my 39mm PRS-18Q today that the 54.5mm Casio looks a bit big

Or it could be that it's gigantic.

Yeah, that's it.

I've not resized the bracelet as my most likely course of action is to send it back under Casio's 28-day return policy.

Regarding it being B grade, it has clearly been out of the box as all of the stickers have been removed bar one on the bracelet, and the watch itself was not in the protective sleeve. The sticker on the back of the case is mainly peeled off. There are no signs of wear or damage to the watch though and the box itself is pristine.

Apart from the fact that the style doesn't really suit a 50-something-year-old, the writing on the dial is near illegible so I can't see what mode it's on or read the littlest subdials. and it doesn't feel like an expensive watch should. As much as it appealed to have a blingy G-shock, I can't see me wearing it.

I'll give it a day or two, but I'm pretty sure it's going back.

I've not drawn the missus' attention to it as I don't want grief if it's going back anyway. I sure hope I've not set the alarm.

Excellent deal at £500

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Well... the MTG arrived today.And it's, well, huge.Enormous.It's a clock.I thought it might wear a little larger than my Avenger, but no, it looks like I've strapped a church clock to my wrist.Perhaps it's because I wore a 36mm GS yesterday and my 39mm PRS-18Q today that the 54.5mm Casio looks a bit bigOr it could be that it's gigantic.Yeah, that's it.I've not resized the bracelet as my most likely course of action is to send it back under Casio's 28-day return policy.Regarding it being B grade, it has clearly been out of the box as all of the stickers have been removed bar one on the bracelet, and the watch itself was not in the protective sleeve. The sticker on the back of the case is mainly peeled off. There are no signs of wear or damage to the watch though and the box itself is pristine.Apart from the fact that the style doesn't really suit a 50-something-year-old, the writing on the dial is near illegible so I can't see what mode it's on or read the littlest subdials. and it doesn't feel like an expensive watch should. As much as it appealed to have a blingy G-shock, I can't see me wearing it.I'll give it a day or two, but I'm pretty sure it's going back.I've not drawn the missus' attention to it as I don't want grief if it's going back anyway. I sure hope I've not set the alarm.
    - - - Updated - - -

Nice mini review Gyp. Is it big?

I caved and ordered one yesterday so should be here for the weekend.

Next to my 60mm Egyption it should feel small.

Well... the MTG arrived today.

And it's, well, huge.

Enormous.

It's a clock.

I thought it might wear a little larger than my Avenger, but no, it looks like I've strapped a church clock to my wrist.

Perhaps it's because I wore a 36mm GS yesterday and my 39mm PRS-18Q today that the 54.5mm Casio looks a bit big

Or it could be that it's gigantic.

Yeah, that's it.

I've not resized the bracelet as my most likely course of action is to send it back under Casio's 28-day return policy.

Regarding it being B grade, it has clearly been out of the box as all of the stickers have been removed bar one on the bracelet, and the watch itself was not in the protective sleeve. The sticker on the back of the case is mainly peeled off. There are no signs of wear or damage to the watch though and the box itself is pristine.

Apart from the fact that the style doesn't really suit a 50-something-year-old, the writing on the dial is near illegible so I can't see what mode it's on or read the littlest subdials. and it doesn't feel like an expensive watch should. As much as it appealed to have a blingy G-shock, I can't see me wearing it.

I'll give it a day or two, but I'm pretty sure it's going back.

I've not drawn the missus' attention to it as I don't want grief if it's going back anyway. I sure hope I've not set the alarm.

I'm not sure the photos so the size justice.

Like so many of the watches that I own, it really needs to be outdoors in daylight to give of its best

I'll be interested in your thoughts when it arrives.

I'm a known G-shock fan and there is no way I'd buy one of those MT-Gs. They are so damn huge. I think for me at least they wear a bit more difficult than some other bigger g-shocks such as the mudmaster. That's a big watch, but so much more wearable.

For someone who mentioned it: the Frogman listed - it is the last generation one, not the new D1000.

Good prices all round tho.

Today I received 2 G-Shocks.
    One 'B-grade' from the outlet, and another brand new from elsewhere.

B-grade - Loads of documentation (although the wrong manual), half a sticker on the case back, box, tin and watch all in excellent condition.

Brand new watch - Just the manual (the correct one), no sign of a sticker on the case back, outer box very small rip, but everything else perfect.

Seems like a good result to me.
    Correct manual downloaded into iBooks, and I can print it at work if required.

Thanks for this - glad to see the deals are still available.

Master
    I just bought one too, the red and black GA400 for £65 (for some reason it added 13p on as tax)

All arrived next day, had half a sticker on the back otherwise all seems to be fine.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

My Gulfmaster arrived with a gluey spot on the back from the label, otherwise as new throughout.

If I'm not mistaken (which I often am!), the image of the Frogman has changed on the Outlet website since I initially posted this, and now looks like the latest version? The model number certainly matches the model number advertised on the G-Shock.co.uk website (https://g-shock.co.uk/product?v=GWF-D1000-1ER).

Quote Originally Posted by Scrubnut View Post
    My Gulfmaster arrived with a gluey spot on the back from the label, otherwise as new throughout.
    Very similar to mine. Did you get the correct manual?

Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post

For someone who mentioned it: the Frogman listed - it is the last generation one, not the new D1000.

Just as a update if anyone is interested and to clear up confusion caused by Casio using the picture of the previous frogman on the site listing, it is the new version Frogman, they have updated the site now with the correct picture to match the specs on the watch. Very good price.

Master
    Does anyone know if the Forman will measure altitude as well as depth.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewcregan View Post
    Very similar to mine. Did you get the correct manual?

Yes i did, but as you can see from my other thread, I don't understand it!

Quote Originally Posted by Rodder View Post
    Does anyone know if the Forman will measure altitude as well as depth.
    No but the bacon is excellent

Quote Originally Posted by pastrana72 View Post
    Just as a update if anyone is interested and to clear up confusion caused by Casio using the picture of the previous frogman on the site listing, it is the new version Frogman, they have updated the site now with the correct picture to match the specs on the watch. Very good price.
    Changes everything, fantastic price!

They seem to be regularly updating stock with watches that are out of stock? Has anyone managed to buy any of the cheaper models or am I just too slow?!