closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Quickbooks

Quickbooks

I run a small business (wife and I) we repair and sell domestics appliances for letting agency's, I've just gone VAT registered for this tax year and looking to have a system like QB in place to make it easier on her (as she answers the phone and does the accounts/invoices etc)

Any users on here?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    yep, used it for ages and love it, but to be fair if you are using an accountant you are better using what they recommend, as it will integrate with their systems better, my accountant uses Quickbooks, which was handy as I already was using the self employed version before using him, he upgraded it for me to the 'full fat' version.

also if you are using an accountant, and they use quickbooks, they will be able to get it cheaper for you, I pay £120+VAT/year.

I dont like the ipad version for doing anything on, its handy to look at for info like cash flow etc. but I use the PC app, or online on PC to do any work like sending invoices etc.

the cool thing is the more you use it, the more it recognizes your purchases/parking/invoices/sundries etc. so its just a case of clicking match all, and your done.

but on the down side, when you first set it up, it downloads the transactions from your bank, I think only the last three months, then you have to go into your online banking and download the transactions in a file format requested by quickbooks, then getting that to load in can be a pain, it took me ages.

but once set up properly its a breeze.

Craftsman
    As a firm of accountants, it's the software of our choice.

We have clients on all (xero, KashFlow, sage, etc), but we like the way QuickBooks works.

It has similar functionality to Xero, but we think it is designed for you, the user, rather than the accountants with its terminology.

Happy to have a chat if you have any questions.

Darren

Good input guys, I've seen they are offering a free trial so I'm going to give it a go.