closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: 1966 Rolex datejust stopped

Craftsman

1966 Rolex datejust stopped

I need some advise please, I bought myself a Birthday watch a few years ago well knowing it was old (50 years old!!). anyway it stopped a few weeks back so I took it into a local Rolex dealer for them to send off for a service. The result was over £3k service - they basically wanted to replace loads including the bracelet. so needless to say I said no, however I would really like the watch to work and I think it is only the winding spring that has gone.

I live near Brighton but I haven't got a clue about who could fix this for me. Any advise appreciated.

Cheers James

Brendan Hoey (Webwatchmaker) who is a member here recently serviced my old, trusty, used and abused "beater" Datejust. He also refinished it and it now looks smarter than it ever did at any point in the 20-odd years I've owned it. I'm sure he will be able to fix yours.

Master
    You don't have to accept the new bracelet, should be shown as optional work.

Banned
    Torquay, Devon. Great place to work and relax. Love flying and lots of great sea walks.
    Quote Originally Posted by draftsmann View Post
    Brendan Hoey (Webwatchmaker) who is a member here recently serviced my old, trusty, used and abused "beater" Datejust. He also refinished it and it now looks smarter than it ever did at any point in the 20-odd years I've owned it. I'm sure he will be able to fix yours.
    Thanks draftsmann.
    I would be delighted to repair it for you jamessh without it costing you anywhere near those outrageous Rolex prices.
    I wonder if they even have anyone who can fix an old Datejust !
    Brendan

Sent from my SM-G900F using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    £3K lol what a joke. Might as well buy a new watch at that price what are they thinking.

Craftsman

Brendan is the Dogs!!

Quote Originally Posted by Webwatchmaker View Post
    Thanks draftsmann.
    I would be delighted to repair it for you jamessh without it costing you anywhere near those outrageous Rolex prices.
    I wonder if they even have anyone who can fix an old Datejust !
    Brendan

Sent from my SM-G900F using TZ-UK mobile app
    Brendan 'draftsmann' is a true Gent and the work he does is just brilliant and a far superior service than the dealers offer at a real price point. Not some lardy da fluffy Rolex snobbery price ha!!

Cheers Brendan much appreciated

James

Banned
    Torquay, Devon. Great place to work and relax. Love flying and lots of great sea walks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamessh View Post
    Brendan 'draftsmann' is a true Gent and the work he does is just brilliant and a far superior service than the dealers offer at a real price point. Not some lardy da fluffy Rolex snobbery price ha!!

Cheers Brendan much appreciated

James
    I'm webwatchmaker Jamessh not draftsmann but your comments are still much appreciated.
    Thank you.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Draftsmann is also a true gent who does jolly nice trust and tax work and is a pleasure to deal with. And who sends his watches to Brendan.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by draftsmann View Post
    Draftsmann is also a true gent who does jolly nice trust and tax work and is a pleasure to deal with. And who sends his watches to Brendan.
    Sorted !
    We should all meet for a few pints !!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk