closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Shed shelving

Master

Shed shelving

I have just invested in a garden office and as part of the building i have a seperate shed area with its own door.

its not big, 7 feet wide and 10 feet back.

its just going to have my tool box, some paint, my daughters scooter and balance bike, buggy that kind of thing.

i want to have it shelved and im trying to think of the optimal way to do it,

shelve the sides and leave the back wall, shelve one side and the back and leave one side unshelved?

any ideas?

I would do along one side - it works better like that and you can add another side later if needs be.

Also assuming you have metre long shelves it will fit in perfectly along the side and you will get 3 shelves in vs 2 along the back.

By coincidence I cleared my shed a couple of weekends ago and fitted shelving that I'd bought two years ago for the job. I went down one side, across the back and halfway up the other side. I have a large compressor in the other half of the that side which I'm going to put a small workbench over. My shed is 8' x 12' so only a little larger than yours. It's amazing what you can store with enough shelving.

Blog Entries
    Brilliant how you put a little piece of wood under the pillars! Can you fix them to the floor so that you can't kick one out under the pillar in years to come?

Some thoughts (hope you don't mind)...

What I would change in my own shed? In hindsight, I would try to obtain a complete and not-to-knackered kitchen unit and replace the worktop and sink for a sturdy wooden top. Kitches units have doors (can be locked against small children's hands...) and all sorts of stuff is out of sight. And when you u

Personally I would not obstruct the window. A little unhindered light inside does wonders.

Next up: lighting! Install as much as your eyes can bare. Make it a dentist' room inside! Bright lights, white & lots of lumen. The dark walls and de stuff you'l put on the shelves will absorb a lot of light. The only way to overcome this is... install more and brighter lights now! You will thank yourself in years to come!
    In my workshop, I can 'kill' all power with one switch (red) but can turn them on one-by-one.

Compressor: is this the version that needs to be drained? If so, try to insulate it now; during the winter it will save you a lot of hassle.

Finally (and I don't have a pic), I know a guy who has mounted grey sewer pipes (15cm diameter) next to each other just under the ceiling where you've stored the rakes, pipes etc. He has put all sorts of stuff inside those pipes. When he grabs something from ceiling, there's only little change that he'll be 'avalanged' by planks, radiator pipes etc... On top of the row of sewer pipes is enough space between the ceiling and the pipes to store larger, flat materials like spare shelves etc.

Menno
    Last edited by thieuster; 26th April 2017 at 17:49.

I rent a lot of garages out which are obviously pretty similar to sheds. The shelves above are great in warehouses which are temperature controlled but in a damp shed/garage the wooden shelves won't last too long. I'd recommend the following from home base;

http://www.homebase.co.uk/en/homebas...ge-rack-374243

These have vented metal shelves to allow airflow for whatever you put on said shelves.