timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Dreadnought or Squale 30 Atmos Tropic

Master

Dreadnought or Squale 30 Atmos Tropic

http://www.gnomonwatches.com/30-atmo...a-sel-bracelet

or

http://www.timefactors.com/dreadnought.htm

Both fit my bill - rugged, GMT function, and a bit different, and are about the same price.

I think the Dreadnought is the better looking watch, great dial. But cant stand screwed lugs, not a fan of bead blasted and its a heavy beast on the bracelet.
    The Squale looks well made in the Gnomon video (when you can focus on it), like the coloured bezel, nicer case size, awkward lug size, looks too much like a Rolex for me.

Dreadnought.

Master
    Both are well built but have very different looks.

I prefer the look of the Squale but, as mentioned, a bit more derivative than the dreadnought?

My feeling is the Dreadnought is better built. I have two Squale 1545 and they don't have quite the heft I would have liked. I realise weight and heft are not the be all and end all of build quality, but there's something re-assuring about it.

Have you looked at the Steinhart vintage GMT as another option?

Craftsman
    Voyager for me, but then I've got one so I'm biased.

A lot more interesting to look at than the Squale IMO, less derivative and built like a tank. On the bracelet you really know you're wearing it but I like that.

Put it on the right Nato or an orange Isofrane and it reduces the weight plus it looks fantastic.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMater View Post
    Voyager for me, but then I've got one so I'm biased.

A lot more interesting to look at than the Squale IMO, less derivative and built like a tank. On the bracelet you really know you're wearing it but I like that.

Put it on the right Nato or an orange Isofrane and it reduces the weight plus it looks fantastic.
    I was going to ask, can the bracelet be replaced so thanks for that. I discounted the black bezel black dial Squale as it really does look Sub-alike, but the "tropic" looks a bit different. Steinhart's a good thought, I'll check it out.

I like my other Squale, which is limited edition 50atmos but it doesn't feel like it's up to being knocked about, plus it's quite pretty. I like the "brutal" look of the Dreadnought, though.

Master
    Update - I like the Steinhart, but then I realised that's because I like the STeve McQueen explorer.

Looking like the dreadnought is edging ahead!

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app