Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Very nice indeed. I bet Tony can't wait for yours to arrive
    :D
    #keeper4life
    ;)

Master

Blancpain Fifty Fathoms Mil-Spec 2017

Anyone received theirs yet? Ive got a call with a date around the end of June, I'm still on the fence as I have a Speedy Tuesday coming in also and I cant afford to keep both ahah....Damn it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I went to check if there had been any updates on mine last week, was told it may arrive July/August but may be later. :(

But if arrives late June that'd be great

Blog Entries
    The delivery date has changed for me to September/October. :(

Blog Entries

New pics from Robbreport.

That's one of the few watches I think looks better on strap rather than bracelet.

I wish the No Rad symbol was a brighter shade of Orange if it had to be there. Otherwise lovely in every aspect.

Blog Entries
    You'll be very lucky to find one of those for sale.

Mine hasn't been off the wrist since it arrived two weeks ago - even sleeping in it.

Back at you!

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    Back at you!

I hope you are very happy with yours, but £1k for a bracelet seems a little high to me - each to their own and all that...
    Last edited by Wallasey Runner; 18th June 2017 at 00:27.

Quote Originally Posted by yonsson View Post
    The delivery date has changed for me to September/October. :(
    Fingers crossed I have the bracelet version heading my way. That date would suit me in terms of funds, actually!

Blog Entries
    I hope you are very happy with yours, but £1k for a bracelet seems a little high to me - each to their own and all that...
    1k ? More like 2-2,5k.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Fingers crossed I have the bracelet version heading my way. That date would suit me in terms of funds, actually!
    I kind of figured. :) Hope everything sorts out.

Bracelet is nice but not exceptional. Preowned is a better deal as always.

Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    A lot of people will like the fact it's 'only' 40mm.

That seems to be the main complaint about the Fifty Fathoms at 45mm.

I like the new one, but I'd still go for the model you have, personally.

M
    Yeah ME!!!

Great stuff from BP

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    Bracelet is nice but not exceptional. Preowned is a better deal as always.

I bought this 20mm BP bracelet hoping it will fit the milspec. The finish is sick, it doesn't have the safety push button clasp but hopefully it fits and I'll have saved a pile of cash.

Yonsson, I was referring to the 45mm version. For the new Milspec,it looks great on a bracelet.
    I spent roughly 4K on a bracelet and a strapmchamging kit and an extra rubber strap. Never really felt it was worth that kind of money even though Incouldnt complain about the quality.

Blog Entries
    Yonsson, I was referring to the 45mm version. For the new Milspec,it looks great on a bracelet.
    I spent roughly 4K on a bracelet and a strapmchamging kit and an extra rubber strap. Never really felt it was worth that kind of money even though Incouldnt complain about the quality.
    BP extras are SICK money for sure. I don't care much for bracelets but if this bracelet doesn't fit, I'll probably file it down to a straight fit.

alright gang, i've had an invite from BP to view the new models in prototype in the boutique in bond street, I can't go, but I might be able to pass it on if anyone is interested.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosty View Post
    alright gang, i've had an invite from BP to view the new models in prototype in the boutique in bond street, I can't go, but I might be able to pass it on if anyone is interested.
    Me too i'm going tomorrow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1k ? More like 2-2,5k.
    By contrast, the bracelet I bought from Seiko UK last week for my Grand Seiko Spring Drive was £768.

It was made to order as it wasn't available as a part and I had a two month wait.

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

No need to worry about the bracelet when the strap is as comfortable as it is...

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...-23-June/page6

Master

Tried the 38mm Bathyscaphe and the Milspec. Funnily enough i came away more impressed with the 38mm Bathy as opposed to the milspec! I liked the milspec too but the bathyscaphe just seemed more refined in general. And the price is £6950.00 which is £3k or more cheaper than the milspec...I am going to have to think long and hard about getting the milspec as I am allocated one.

Blog Entries
    Luckly mine came with bracelet and strap. Waiting for some 0.9mm hex to come through to switch over to strap as experiment. I hope to do my own write up when I have time to get the camera set up.

M

Luckly mine came with bracelet and strap. Waiting for some 0.9mm hex to come through to switch over to strap as experiment. I hope to do my own write up when I have time to get the camera set up.

M
    That's one of the reasons I got rid, too many issues to worry about, shearing heads off screws, expensive and brand specific kit needed in order to change anything, a weak bezel spring and even reports of people shattering their sapphire insert.

Almost became afraid to put the damn thing on. Nice watch, but I don't miss it.

That's one of the reasons I got rid, too many issues to worry about, shearing heads off screws, expensive and brand specific kit needed in order to change anything, a weak bezel spring and even reports of people shattering their sapphire insert.

Almost became afraid to put the damn thing on. Nice watch, but I don't miss it.
    I'm pretty sure you can use a generic 0.9mm hex tool to remove the strap, no need to spend £££ on Blancpain tools. The bezel issue has been resolved on post 2012 models, not heard too much about shattering sapphire but I'm sure it is possible if hit hard enough

Quote Originally Posted by kaiserphoenix View Post

In all the photos you appear to be wearing the watches far too close to your hand i.e below your radius and ulna. The crown looks to be touching the back of your hand.

Tried the 38mm Bathyscaphe and the Milspec. Funnily enough i came away more impressed with the 38mm Bathy as opposed to the milspec! I liked the milspec too but the bathyscaphe just seemed more refined in general. And the price is £6950.00 which is £3k or more cheaper than the milspec...I am going to have to think long and hard about getting the milspec as I am allocated one.

I have arranged to try the new models on next Thursday - I am hoping that the 38mm will look as good as I imagine. I have tried on the 43mm a few times and tried to convince myself it isn't too big for my 7" wrist.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ataripower View Post
    I'm pretty sure you can use a generic 0.9mm hex tool to remove the strap, no need to spend £££ on Blancpain tools. The bezel issue has been resolved on post 2012 models, not heard too much about shattering sapphire but I'm sure it is possible if hit hard enough
    Yep - 0.9mm hex tools are on their way from amazon next week - princely sum of £1.86 incl. postage and a adjustable watch case holder (plastic pins so it won't scratch) for up to 70mm case for £7.99 - so tool changing kit for under £10

I've been wearing my FF for over a week now - had to put a 1/2 link in for the 30C weather, but back down again now - I don't mind doing it - something constructive to do while watching telly.

Martyn

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gbn13 View Post
    I have arranged to try the new models on next Thursday - I am hoping that the 38mm will look as good as I imagine. I have tried on the 43mm a few times and tried to convince myself it isn't too big for my 7" wrist.
    Tell me which one you prefer black or Blue! I still can't make my mind up but maybe i'm leaning towards the black and gray dial. But the 38mm i felt was absolutely spot on.

Master
    I prefer the blue as it is a bit different. I wear the bathyscaphe more than the classical fifty fathoms, as it is slightly smaller and is much thinner sitting on the wrist. The 38mm is even better, but it was not an option when I pulled the trigger!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gbn13 View Post
    I guess it depends on what shape wrist you have.
    I have a flat 7.25 inch wrist and my 43mm Bathy is just perfect.
    The lug to lug is about 51/52mm IIRC so they're relatively compact despite the 43mm dial size

I bought this 20mm BP bracelet hoping it will fit the milspec. The finish is sick, it doesn't have the safety push button clasp but hopefully it fits and I'll have saved a pile of cash.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    who's on the list for this here?>

Yep - 0.9mm hex tools are on their way from amazon next week - princely sum of £1.86 incl. postage and a adjustable watch case holder (plastic pins so it won't scratch) for up to 70mm case for £7.99 - so tool changing kit for under £10

I've been wearing my FF for over a week now - had to put a 1/2 link in for the 30C weather, but back down again now - I don't mind doing it - something constructive to do while watching telly.

Martyn
    It's been a while since I changed mine, but if I remember correctly, you need two hex keys, not just one. But I may be wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by o u t a t i m e View Post
    It's been a while since I changed mine, but if I remember correctly, you need two hex keys, not just one. But I may be wrong!
    Yes, you do ideally though you can just use a small screw driver to keep the other one from turning.

Yes, you do ideally though you can just use a small screw driver to keep the other one from turning.
    Thanks. I have to admit, the last time I changed the bracelet I actually went into the BP boutique in London to have it done. It was free of charge, and in the meantime I had a nice chat to the manager, they served me tea and biscuits, and they let me try on every watch in their window. I must admit, it was a lot better than fooling around with hex keys! :)

Master
    Blog Entries
    I have a 6.75 wrist and felt the 43mm Bathyscaphe was fine on me - the shortlist meant no overhang despite the size. I'd definitely be interested in trying the 38mm

Craftsman
    Limited to 500? Is it possible to get one in the London boutique?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeFalconer View Post
    Limited to 500? Is it possible to get one in the London boutique?
    Not anymore i believe as all the ones arriving at the boutique have been spoken for.

Craftsman
    Everything is limited or waiting list at the minute. What a load of rubbish

Blog Entries
    Tried one on today. Prototype #15 - fully functional (including movement.

Compared to the regular

New one felt rather small.

Master
    That looks so nice. A much better size.

If I had the funds I'd love to get one. If anyones interested in trading for a Mint Siffert Heuer let me know, although in reality I'd probably never let it go.

Tried one on today. Prototype #15 - fully functional (including movement.

Compared to the regular

New one felt rather small.

Tell me which one you prefer black or Blue! I still can't make my mind up but maybe i'm leaning towards the black and gray dial. But the 38mm i felt was absolutely spot on.

Tried them on today. Expected to prefer the blue, but came away thinking I prefer the grey dial. Just wish it was 40mm rather than 38mm. Dial on the blue was great, but not convinced about the shade of blue on the bezel.

Thought the size of the 40mm Mil spec was spot on. They mentioned the 3 they are getting are all sold - assume that includes yours.

Master
    That 38mm looks so classy and elegant.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    A lot of people will like the fact it's 'only' 40mm.

That seems to be the main complaint about the Fifty Fathoms at 45mm.

I like the new one, but I'd still go for the model you have, personally.

M
    Agreed. I like your model better.

Master
    also note there is a £3000 difference between a 38mm bathy and a 40mm milspec despite them being essentially the same watch which did get me thinking a lot too...

Craftsman
    will the mil-spec keeps its value?

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeFalconer View Post
    will the mil-spec keeps its value?
    Why not, it's a limited edition. It may even sell at a premium as a hot watch.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I'd like to see the 38mm in the metal, though it could actually be too small at that for some - the 43mm is fine on my 6.75 wrist due to the short lugs. Wish they'd gone for 40mm as I'd have held out for that size instead of buying the 43mm.

The MilSpec looks perfect size wise, but I think I prefer the standard (or the previous LE) dial design.