closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Jaeger LeCoultre ultra thin

Jaeger LeCoultre ultra thin

Hi

I've been looking at one of these and love the classic look. I will try and see one at the weekend. Looks like a few differentt models. Date, small seconds and moon.

I would welcome any experiences of owning one
    Thanks
    Andy

I've got one of these (the moonphase) and think they're fantastic watches. No pictures at the moment, but a truly elegant watch. More versatile than you might imagine as the ~39mm case size makes it doable for smart/ casual wear> No trips to the beach, obviously :)

Of course, the JLC prices mean you'd lose ££s if you paid retail but second hand these are, relatively speaking, a bit of a bargain

I have an Ultra Thin Date.

It's a nice piece, but at 40mm, it's probably a bit big on my wrist for a dress watch. If you have bigger wrists that won't be a problem. That said, it's as light as a feather even in gold, and slips under a cuff nicely. Build quality is excellent. I should put up a movement shot: it is a thing of beauty.

As Thom4711 said, don't pay retail. The RRP on this one is £11,800, and I was offered a pittance as a trade in last week by one of the big names. I wasn't expecting rock solid residuals, but the offer made was taking the mickey.

I had a MUT moonphase for a while and it's a great watch. Build quality and size was perfect for me and I've always loved the blued second hand. The only downside was, as age withers my eyesight, I found the date hard to read as it is a pointer around the moonphase.

Other than that, great watches from a quality manufacturer

I've never owned a round Ultrathin.....my dress watch is an Ultrathin Reverso instead....but I have long been tempted by either the moonphase one or the Reserve de Marche. If another one popped up at a decent secondhand price I'd be very tempted....they look so much better than the Montblanc version

Quote Originally Posted by Incredible Sulk View Post
    I have an Ultra Thin Date.

It's a nice piece, but at 40mm, it's probably a bit big on my wrist for a dress watch. If you have bigger wrists that won't be a problem. That said, it's as light as a feather even in gold, and slips under a cuff nicely. Build quality is excellent. I should put up a movement shot: it is a thing of beauty.

As Thom4711 said, don't pay retail. The RRP on this one is £11,800, and I was offered a pittance as a trade in last week by one of the big names. I wasn't expecting rock solid residuals, but the offer made was taking the mickey.
    Thanks for the reply and lthe photos. That looks superb

Blog Entries
    I thought for along while on the JLC MUT and MC but the MUT was just too small for me and settled for a 40mm Hometime.

You really need to try because MUT is a fantastic piece but you need to love the ultra thin case.

Happy hunting

Paul

Here's my poor effort at a photo. I agree with the above regarding the date, and I don't have particularly bad eyesight! Sadly, I often don't bother to set the date or the moonphase if I'm in a rush

I DO stare at it longingly, though

Quote Originally Posted by Thom4711 View Post
    Here's my poor effort at a photo. I agree with the above regarding the date, and I don't have particularly bad eyesight! Sadly, I often don't bother to set the date or the moonphase if I'm in a rush

I DO stare at it longingly, though
    I'm guessing that you learn to just know from the position of the pointer what the date is rather than physically reading the actual figure its pointing to each time

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    I'm guessing that you learn to just know from the position of the pointer what the date is rather than physically reading the actual figure its pointing to each time
    Yes, but actually what I was getting at is that the date is set in the same way as the moonphase via a recessed button in the case and a tool/ handy toothpick. Not an issue at all, but not as easy as using the crown (which has one position).

Am looking at winders!

Craftsman
    Tried on a few UTs in JLCs boutique a few weeks ago and just wasn't for me. You'll know at the weekend once you try it on how it feels.

One of my bosses at work has an UT Reserve De Marche in Pink Gold and its stunning!

Master
    When I first saw the pics I got very interested in the UT perpetual. However when i (eventually) found one to try on it underwhelmed. I was really (really) disappointed. I think it was the size vs wanting to feel a prescense of the wrist and I found the sub dials very small so I thought the balance/readability was off. Maybe I will finally come around (black dial version looks better), but for now it is the one watch that I chased the most but never bought.

I have the Master Ultra Thin Perpetual Calendar Boutique Edition in Stainless Steel. No real problems reading it and it wears as you would expect for a thin watch.