closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Fernando Ricksen * The Final Battle - fighting MND - video added

Blog Entries

Fernando Ricksen * The Final Battle - fighting MND - video added

Between 2000 and 2005, Fernando Ricksen played for Glasgow Rangers. Three years ago, he announced on a Dutch TV show that he was diagnosed with MND. There's no cure for that and within a few years Ricksen will pass away, most likely because he will be unable to breath.

After the initial shock, Ricksen got together with two Dutch filmmakers because he wanted make a film about the disease and awareness. A crowdfunding campaign, largely endorsed and sponsored by Glasgow Rangers fans resulted into a incredible impressive movie. I couldn't watch it with dry eyes. I don't know when the film will be broadcasted in Scotland or the whole UK. It should be broadcasted as soon as possible.

Menno
    Last edited by thieuster; 25th April 2017 at 10:26.

Blog Entries

Video added

Video of the trailer added:

Its a sad sad thing to see, especially to an athlete I have fond memories of in Rangers glory days, he was always one of the fitter ones in my eyes.

I remember the charity game where they had him kick off the game for the team and he fell on the pitch while trying to kick the ball...I was very near in tears when I witnessed that.

Such a shame for the guy or anyone who has experienced this horrible disease.