closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Turntable help - Linn

Grand Master

Turntable help - Linn

Anyone got a good K9 styli kicking about, or ideas for a good sounding but not astronomical replacement? Love the K9 sound with my Axis but deeply unsure about the compatibles from other makers.
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

Audi Technica made the K9 cartridge and an Audio Technica ATN95E stylus would fit but not sound quite as good. I would look at an Ortofon 2M Red or something from the Goldring range, or Grado (Prestige Black) maybe.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ktmog6uk View Post
    Anyone got a good K9 styli kicking about, or ideas for a good sounding but not astronomical replacement? Love the K9 sound with my Axis but deeply unsure about the compatibles from other makers.
    This will fit I think:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Audio-Techn.../dp/B001IEPNN6

Might not be quite as good as the original but maybe worth a try at the price?

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
    Audi Technica made the K9 cartridge and an Audio Technica ATN95E stylus would fit but not sound quite as good. I would look at an Ortofon 2M Red or something from the Goldring range, or Grado (Prestige Black) maybe.
    Cheaper than i was expecting!
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

The AT95E will fit (but looks odd). I've used that one, the AT100, AT120 and AT150MLX. I'd be tempted to find the AT100 cartridge, as opposed to stylus, and fit that. The body can later be used to fit the higher-end stylii from AT if you wish. These are easily and cheaply available. The AT100 generator is the same as the AT440, so you lose little, and is often to be found very cheaply.

If you want a step up from all of these, and have a MC input on your amp, I would suggest a Denon DL103.

I've a dynavector 10X5 which plays very nicely - one on eBay for £142 at the moment..!

Grand Master
    I've just found a brand new Audio-Technica AT110E LC-OFC cart in a box of bits i got with the turntable ages ago, any ideas on whether the stylus will fit the K9 or if not whether the cart will fit the headshell ? (Linn Basik Plus arm)
    Anyone know if it's a decent cartridge or one for ebay and buy something else?
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

I've just found a brand new Audio-Technica AT110E LC-OFC cart in a box of bits i got with the turntable ages ago, any ideas on whether the stylus will fit the K9 or if not whether the cart will fit the headshell ? (Linn Basik Plus arm)
    Is this the turntable you got from me ?

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    Is this the turntable you got from me ?
    The Linn Axis? yes it is. It's had the power board refurbished at the Audio Room in Hull and it's still running sweet! Tbh, the AT cart could have been sat there since i last owned an Axis in the early late 90's/2000's...i might have bought it then and forgotten it! There was another K9 in there too but no stylus sadly!
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

Glad to hear it's still chunting along

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    Glad to hear it's still chunting along
    It certainly is! given i listen to 2 or 3 hours of vinyl pretty much daily it's giving great service chap.
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokyo Tokei View Post
    T
    If you want a step up from all of these, and have a MC input on your amp, I would suggest a Denon DL103.
    Or if you don't DL110 is a sweet sounding thing :)

Grand Master
    anyone got experience of this cart?
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!