closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Breitling B55 and Aerospace

Breitling B55 and Aerospace

I posted an update on my thread from 2 months ago, but then thought a new post might be better.

I tried both the B55 and Aerospace Night mission back to back at a Breitling boutique on Friday, which turned out to be an interesting experience. I stole these pics from TZ's great watch photographers ;)

As a digression, Breitling's Manchester boutique at the Trafford Centre has a really nice bar out of view, with some decent Japanese Whisky, so one way of numbing the pain of purchase ;)

Now I expected the B55 from its raw numbers to be too big for my 6.5 inch spindly wrists, but, it fits well, and has great presence without being clumsy or heavy. From a physical / tactile point of view it's really really lovely. Swapping time zones and watching the hands reposition was almost endless fun, I'm sure it would wear off eventually, but it's cool. The Aerospace NM didn't really get a look in, the B55 looks better, is substantial, and has a lovely case.

I'd go a far as saying the B55 is the best of the ana-digitals, and it's rechargeable battery fixes on the bug bears of the Aerospace for me. £6300 is of course madness, and even with a real world discount it's probably still too expensive, but I still find the watch a very tempting proposition.

It's definitely not too big for even the slight of wrist, it's more wearable than its numbers suggest

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by helidoc View Post
    I posted an update on my thread from 2 months ago, but then thought a new post might be better.

I tried both the B55 and Aerospace Night mission back to back at a Breitling boutique on Friday, which turned out to be an interesting experience. I stole these pics from TZ's great watch photographers ;)

As a digression, Breitling's Manchester boutique at the Trafford Centre has a really nice bar out of view, with some decent Japanese Whisky, so one way of numbing the pain of purchase ;)

Now I expected the B55 from its raw numbers to be too big for my 6.5 inch spindly wrists, but, it fits well, and has great presence without being clumsy or heavy. From a physical / tactile point of view it's really really lovely. Swapping time zones and watching the hands reposition was almost endless fun, I'm sure it would wear off eventually, but it's cool. The Aerospace NM didn't really get a look in, the B55 looks better, is substantial, and has a lovely case.

I'd go a far as saying the B55 is the best of the ana-digitals, and it's rechargeable battery fixes on the bug bears of the Aerospace for me. £6300 is of course madness, and even with a real world discount it's probably still too expensive, but I still find the watch a very tempting proposition.

It's definitely not too big for even the slight of wrist, it's more wearable than its numbers suggest

Dave

It's a pity it suffers with connection issues when paired with Android phones, currently working with ADs and BUK from the last 4.5 months.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    I'm still enjoying my B55. But have to give my limited sample size so far has been a little disappointing. The digital display went AWOL on my mine. Fixed swiftly under warranty by BUK. But this is the first Breitling I've had problems with. Since then no issues.

It is great fun though I don't use the phone app very much, being a bit old fashioned.

OP - I think there are much better watch photographers on the forum, but thanks anyway!

Martyn.

V V tempted to get one

My B1 needs to back to be fixed maybe that will scratch the itch
    Have a chronomat too
    Excellent ana dig watch too

I like them

Fabulous to wear and look at.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk