closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Did you check the weather report for Central and East Europe (and parts of Italy...)

Blog Entries

Did you check the weather report for Central and East Europe (and parts of Italy...)

Central Italy, yesterday morning... Resorts are reopening again. Austria, Slovenia and the Eastern Europe countries can pull out the snow chains again...

More interesting weather reports here: https://twitter.com/severeweatherEU

Banned
    Blog Entries
    25 here!

Was frosty In Amsterdam last week but hadn't seen Italy !

That's Climate change for you. Bloody lovely in the UK today - tee shirt and shorts

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    25 here!
    This here:

(Note the 'and cooler').
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

I'm off to Tignes on Tuesday to catch the end of the ski season. Looks like there will be some fresh snow to play with

Here in Finland we have had a third mild winter, normally we see -35, but it only got down to -15 this year.

It was 12 degrees and sunny here on Anglesey yesterday, still didn't stop my burning my arms and neck whilst jet washing the deck and patio for 4 hours!

I really don't know what is going on with the sun this century, as a kid I never burnt.............. ;-)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gilford View Post
    It was 12 degrees and sunny here on Anglesey yesterday, still didn't stop my burning my arms and neck whilst jet washing the deck and patio for 4 hours!

I really don't know what is going on with the sun this century, as a kid I never burnt.............. ;-)
    Back in the early 60s, when I was 5 - 6 y/o, my parents and I used to leave about 100m behind the dunes of the Dutch/Belgian coastline. For two years I went to the beach. Summer and winter, rain or sun. I was homeschooled by my mum (who did an impressive job, btw). During that period, I never had a sunburn - partly because my mum slapped the sun cream all over my skin. Before I was born, my parents used to live in the Tropics (Asia and Brazil) so they understood the power of the sun and never underestimated it.

Nowadays, I am under the impression that the Spring sun has a more devastating effect on skin than later on in the season. My son sails between 15 and 25 hrs/week and he's getting a tanned colour as early as February. In my turn, I douse him in suncream as well. Only this year he has accepted that a cap is better for him as well...

Yesterday on Lake IJsselmeer near the Dutch Olympic Sailing Center...

Sunny moments...

And not so sunny...