TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Motorola phones - any owners ?

Motorola phones - any owners ?

G5 plus - a good friend is raving about it

I fancy the x force?

Z play?

Sick of poor battery on apple

Master
    The iphone 5s was not that good but the 6 and 6s I had had a very good battery life.
    On the other hand, Motos have great reception, both cellular and WiFi.

Master
    My iphone 7plus has excellent battery life.

Calls and email with a bit of websurfing and music thrown in I get 24-36hours on a single charge.

Gaming ( especially current ones) and you are down to 4-6 hours depending. Also seems to charge pretty quickly ( flat to full in about 90 minutes) from an Anker battery pack.

Z play has amazing battery life though the G5 Play can't be far off.

Lenovo (who own Motorola) P2 has the same chip as these two but a huge battery.

Cheaper too from 3 at £210

Quote Originally Posted by acg View Post
    Z play has amazing battery life though the G5 Play can't be far off.

Lenovo (who own Motorola) P2 has the same chip as these two but a huge battery.

Cheaper too from 3 at £210

Z2 play will be out in a couple of months - already been spotted.

I've used Motorola for a few years now with no problems. currently on G3 which is a good solid android. Does what I need, calls, text, mapping, music, emails etc. It's also pretty small and robust so fits in pockets easily. When my contract is up I'll look at latest Moto offering before anything else.

Master
    G6 is out very soon isn't it?

It's on my list - tempted to move from iPhone to either G6, Pixel, Galaxy or Experia

Journeyman
    I'm still using a Moto G. Never felt the need to upgrade as it works well and has great battery life. Would look at the Moto G range without hesitation if I need to update.

^^^^^^^^^^

Me too.

Craftsman
    Me and the family (parents and SWMBO) have been on Moto Gs for a few years now, solid phones and not stupidly priced

Master
    I have a 2015 Motorola Moto G 3rd Generation which has turned out to be a great purchase.

Not knowing what smart phone to buy I decided to get impartial advice and asked in my local phone repair shop for a brand recommendation. He advised that he had very rarely cause to repair Motorolas and highly rated them. As a matter of interest he told me not to buy an HTC based on his experience of repairing them.

The battery life 18 months down the line is excellent and a charge usually lasts for 3 to 5 days although I admit to not being a high user.

I would add that my best friend who always updates with the latest Apple reckons the camera on my Motorola is far better than any he has experienced on his long list of I Phones.

I should say that I am not an Apple hater as I find my 2015 Apple MacPro with retina display awesome.

scooter

Master
    Just picked up a Moto G5. My Samsung S4 Mini died as a result of a software update!

Very impressed with the quality and specification of the Moto and compared to the usual suspects incredible value for money.

Very little manufacturer bloatware. As such I now use more Cloud based apps which is going to make my life a lot easier and my device requirements far more agnostic and flexible.

One happy bunny.....