closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Any Income Tax Experts?

Craftsman

Any Income Tax Experts?

Mornin'
    I wonder if anyone could satisfy my curiosity. After several years at my current address I have received a tax code statement for an unknown person, I assume a previous resident...without checking the addressee, I opened it assuming it was for myself... I don't suspect anything sinister but I am a nosey git so couldnt help but take a look..

I am puzzled by their coding? Is the application of a Kxxxx code a reflection of tax arrears from the previous year? Does this person owe tax on £39k of Job Seekers Allowance. If so that must be many years worth?!?

(I will be informing the HMRC that the person is not resident, hopefully I have redacted any trace of personal info from the picture)
    Best regards
    Chris

Last edited by Snoopdong; 22nd April 2017 at 14:00.

This is a good reference https://www.gov.uk/tax-codes/letters...what-they-mean

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Tax codes with ‘K’ at the beginning mean you have income that isn’t being taxed another way and it’s worth more than your tax-free allowance."

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by alun View Post
    This is a good reference https://www.gov.uk/tax-codes/letters...what-they-mean

Yep, thats what I read, I just cant quite understand the circumstances, where is would apply to JSA and to this magnitude?

At £73.10 a week, that's 10 years worth.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    you have committed multiple criminal offences on an open forum, I would be very careful from now on and expect the Law to be on you soon.

from the Post Office Act 1953:

Criminal diversion of letters from addressee
    (1)If any [F1person not engaged in the business of the Post Office] wilfully and maliciously, with intent to injure any other person, either opens or causes to be opened any postal packet which ought to have been delivered to that other person, or does any act or thing whereby the due delivery of the packet to that other person is prevented or impeded, he shall be [F2liable on summary conviction to a fine not exceeding level 4 on the standard scale or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding six months or to both]

(2)Nothing in this section shall apply to a person who does any act to which this section applies where he is parent, or in the position of parent or guardian, of the person to whom the postal packet is addressed.

you have been warned,

don't say I didn't tell you,

lock you up they will,

on your head be it,

etc. etc.

Craftsman
    Thank you, I take on board the warning... although I would suggest that I do not fall foul of the law as I did not wilfully open the letter. If something pops through my letterbox, I open first, check later... I will await the knock on the door though...

Quote Originally Posted by soundood View Post
    you have committed multiple criminal offences on an open forum, I would be very careful from now on and expect the Law to be on you soon.

from the Post Office Act 1953:

Criminal diversion of letters from addressee
    (1)If any [F1person not engaged in the business of the Post Office] wilfully and maliciously, with intent to injure any other person, either opens or causes to be opened any postal packet which ought to have been delivered to that other person, or does any act or thing whereby the due delivery of the packet to that other person is prevented or impeded, he shall be [F2liable on summary conviction to a fine not exceeding level 4 on the standard scale or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding six months or to both]

(2)Nothing in this section shall apply to a person who does any act to which this section applies where he is parent, or in the position of parent or guardian, of the person to whom the postal packet is addressed.

you have been warned,

don't say I didn't tell you,

lock you up they will,

on your head be it,

etc. etc.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoopdong View Post
    Thank you, I take on board the warning... although I would suggest that I do not fall foul of the law as I did not wilfully open the letter. If something pops through my letterbox, I open first, check later... I will await the knock on the door though...
    be careful, very careful, or I will be over to pop something through your letterbox, you wont want to open (this gag will only be funny to a select few)

set em up, and pop them in, he sais ;-)

The op hasn't done anything willfully malicious, so he'll be just fine. ;-)

Sent from my SM-G920F using TZ-UK mobile app

As a JP and someone who works for HMRC.........

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Jpshell View Post
    As a JP and someone who works for HMRC.........
    You have very few friends?

I jest.

Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    You have very few friends?

I jest.

Wasn't unpopular enough with the job, so picked a hobby just to be sure....

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Jpshell View Post
    Wasn't unpopular enough with the job, so picked a hobby just to be sure....
    I can relate to that :-) Boring people to death about watches is something I do frequently.