closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Snooker World Champs 2017

Craftsman

Snooker World Champs 2017

Not seen a thread on this yet. What's everybody's thoughts on a winner? Ronnie seems to be very motivated again this year! The Allen/Higgins match this afternoon was top notch!

Enjoying the competition so far, not sure if you saw this, but first time I have seen a spectator being ejected:

http://video.eurosport.co.uk/snooker...29/video.shtml

Allen was on fire this afternoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the Ding and Liang final session tomorrow will be a cracker.

The long sessions seem to suit Selby more, however Wilson played some great stuff tonight against Bingham.

Ronnie is favourite though, I must admit.

Master
    Ronnie is as expected, the people's champion having taken on the mantle of messrs Higgins and White but that red pot yesterday from Murphy cannot go without notice - awesome shot.

I fancy either Ding or Higgins to win it this year, but love Ronnie so hope he is involved

Master
    I can see Kyren Wilson winning it...

Quote Originally Posted by eletos View Post
    Enjoying the competition so far, not sure if you saw this, but first time I have seen a spectator being ejected:

http://video.eurosport.co.uk/snooker...29/video.shtml

Allen was on fire this afternoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I hadn't seen that, Sleeping Fan Thrown Out:

Ronnie O'Sullivan and Gary Wilson's first round match at the World Snooker Championship at the weekend was briefly interrupted when a sleeping fan had to be removed from the Crucible.

O'Sullivan was leading the match 5-4 and was about to step to the table when both he and referee Brendan Moore turned in surprise after hearing the snoozing individual declare, 'Ahhh, fucking hell'.

Moore wasted little time having the man ejected from the venue.

I saw an interview with Ronnie earlier this year where he seemed to be in a good place and explained some of what he'd been going through. Then there was his recent outburst re Barry Hearn and so I'm pleased to see that he appears to have put that behind him as well.

Quote Originally Posted by GIB984 View Post
    Ronnie is as expected, the people's champion having taken on the mantle of messrs Higgins and White but that red pot yesterday from Murphy cannot go without notice - awesome shot.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    I can see Kyren Wilson winning it...
    I hope he does Alex although he will have to tighten his game up a little further. The guy who maintains his snooker table (and other pro's as well) does our tables and he says KW is a really decent guy!

Can't be just me who tries to fathom out the players watches. I can't work out Ding's though.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Kent View Post
    Can't be just me who tries to fathom out the players watches. I can't work out Ding's though.

I think it's a zenith- maybe an elite

Quote Originally Posted by Thom4711 View Post
    I think it's a zenith- maybe an elite
    Zenith certainly, see New sponsor for Chinese snooker player.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    Good shout, anybody else not a fan of fu's watch!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_G View Post
    Good shout, anybody else not a fan of fu's watch!
    I think there may be: link. It's not pretty...

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    I think there may be: link. It's not pretty...
    45 x 41mm. No wonder I seen it hanging off his wrist!

Just seen the end of the Higgins/Allen match. Higgins is on fire! Sullivan/Higgins final anyone?

Allen never recovered from that kick he got in the 18th frame.

Just watched that final session of Fu v Robertson....I was actually on the edge of my sofa.

Anyway, hopefully take that smug look off Robertsons face, dont care for him much for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Walesy View Post
    Just watched that final session of Fu v Robertson....I was actually on the edge of my sofa.

Anyway, hopefully take that smug look off Robertsons face, dont care for him much for some reason.
    I don't mind Robertson but I'm glad Fu beat him & I hope he beats Selby in the quarters too.

Craftsman
    Final session of Fu vs Robertson is what top quality snooker is all about. If the rest of the tournament is like that I'll be very happy :)

Selby looks good to me for the win

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Damo View Post
    Final session of Fu vs Robertson is what top quality snooker is all about. If the rest of the tournament is like that I'll be very happy :)

Great few frames these wee, although thought Robertson was a bit off with that celebration after potting the black.

Selby match could be tight but he's a top professional. I played (well, had one shot) him the month before he won the worlds in 2014. I broke off and he had a 134 total clearance !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Damo View Post

I think Selby is the one to beat, he is looking good...although Fu has a habit of bouncing back.
    Quote Originally Posted by gavsw20 View Post
    Great few frames these wee, although thought Robertson was a bit off with that celebration after potting the black.

Selby match could be tight but he's a top professional. I played (well, had one shot) him the month before he won the worlds in 2014. I broke off and he had a 134 total clearance !!!
    He was very off, he was criticised for that heavily on one of the channels I was watching.

Craftsman
    Well that's O'Sullivan out! Ding played really well and deserved it! So a Ding vs Selby semi! I hope Ding wins, I just find Selby boring to watch, as good as he is. I'm hoping Maguire can win tonight to make an all Scottish semi against Higgins
    Last edited by Andy_G; 26th April 2017 at 18:34. Reason: Can't spell!

Well that's O'Sullivan out! Ding played really well and deserved it! So a Ding vs Selby semi! I hope Ding wins, I just find Selby boring to watch, as good as he is. I'm hoping Maguire can win tonight to make an all Scottish semi against Higgins
    Marco Fu took a hiding didnt he?

Yeah an all Scottish semi would be great, still fancy it to be a Selby and Hawkins final to be honest.

Craftsman
    Marco Fu took a hiding didnt he?

Yeah an all Scottish semi would be great, still fancy it to be a Selby and Hawkins final to be honest.
    He sure did, to be fair the his match against Robertson was brutal.

I would say Hawkins is favourite against maguire, especially with a 2 frame advantage, but it's gonna be close against Higgins!

Selby has that ability to grind frames out where I don't think Ding has that. Hopefully he can play just as well as he did against O'Sullivan and should be a good match!

He sure did, to be fair the his match against Robertson was brutal.

I would say Hawkins is favourite against maguire, especially with a 2 frame advantage, but it's gonna be close against Higgins!

Selby has that ability to grind frames out where I don't think Ding has that. Hopefully he can play just as well as he did against O'Sullivan and should be a good match!
    I thought it was a good actually, I dont care much for Robertson to be honest and glad Fu beat him.

Hawkins isnt playing too well, McGuire looks a bit more up for it in the early start of this session.

Selby is boring usually, but Fu made him look interesting and I think Ding will get frustrated as he can do, hopefully he will...would like to see him win.

Craftsman
    I thought it was a good actually, I dont care much for Robertson to be honest and glad Fu beat him.

Hawkins isnt playing too well, McGuire looks a bit more up for it in the early start of this session.

Selby is boring usually, but Fu made him look interesting and I think Ding will get frustrated as he can do, hopefully he will...would like to see him win.
    It was good to watch but the standard wasn't great I thought.

Can't believe that fluke from Hawkins 😷 That's turned momentum back to Barry after maguire was making a good comeback!

Ding is looking very up for it indeed. I'd quite like him to win it. China would vo beserk if he did. Barry would be my next choice, but only cos I think he's a nice chap, because I don't think he'll beat Higgins now

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Man of Kent View Post
    Ding is looking very up for it indeed. I'd quite like him to win it. China would vo beserk if he did. Barry would be my next choice, but only cos I think he's a nice chap, because I don't think he'll beat Higgins now

Yes Ding is looking good, Hopefully now he has the O'Sullivan monkey off is shoulder he can go on and win it.

Barry did well to finish at 5-3, think Higgins will be disappointed at letting him off the hook so to speak. Should be interesting to see what today brings!

Very watchable final...Jan Verhaas had a good match!