closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Italian Navy Deck watch a odd one

Italian Navy Deck watch a odd one

I just picked this up saw it for sell at the MWR PX never seen one before. There issued wristwatches like Lemania , Panerai, Zenith, and few other are well known and expensive if you want to buy one. But the deck clocks and deck watches and chronometers less known do a search nothing did find a few things about the one I bought a few sold at auction houses and a few forums here is one that has a Lemania and then a Longines one I did not know about.
    https://translate.google.com/transla...AFICO-R-MARINA

I found the French Navy had a Auricoste Deck watch with the same movement
    http://ninanet.net/watches/others12/Mediums/mdecks.html

From a sells site that had a Auricoste deck watch that sold with decom papers the issue date was 1954 and I posted it on the Omega forum in a none Omega section and one member said from the serial number it was made around 1953-1955 I was hoping it was WW2 but most likely issued in the 1950's finding info on this watch is like finding a needle in a hay stack. All I know is the Italian Navy had the largest deck watches of any Navy and it's kind of cool just glad it made it safe from Italy to the USA a few photo's. Now if any one know more about this watch please ad it I really want to learn more about this watch. My Guess is this was ether bolted to the chart table or bulkhead of the bridge onboard ship.

Last edited by River Rat; 21st April 2017 at 16:10.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Not sure where it would have been fixed, probably above the chart table?, wherever, it's a cracking watch and a great find, you must be happy!

mike

Mounted it on a wooden plaque to hang on the wall think it came out good.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by River Rat View Post
    Mounted it on a wooden plaque to hang on the wall think it came out good.

Nice watch and nice work.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk