closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rolex St James London vintage

Master

Rolex St James London vintage

Hi all,

Anybody had any experience of taking a vintage Rolex to service at St James in London? Movement and water tightness service only or light polishing as well? Do they listen closely to instructions?

Many thanks

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    I didn't have any luck with light polishing - I was told they can only provide that with a service. Understandable I guess.

Craftsman
    Yes, Meters first 5513 in 2012. Movement only service, no polish. Instructions adhered to. Got a "yellow ticket" (instead of the full service warranty card), indicating that the waterproofing is not guaranteed. If I had required waterproofing, they would have replaced the crystal (superdome for service dome) and the crown (original twinlock for triplock)

Master
    Thanks guys, I debating whether to ask for a light polish with the service, wouldn't mind a sharpening but don't want the "Bexley chamfers" added...hmmm

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Master
    Sounds like a job for a Rolex accredited independent to me, I'd feel better knowing the person servicing the watch was the chap I'd spoken to about a light polish / keeping the plexi, crown etc.

Quote Originally Posted by groyn View Post
    Yes, Meters first 5513 in 2012. Movement only service, no polish. Instructions adhered to. Got a "yellow ticket" (instead of the full service warranty card), indicating that the waterproofing is not guaranteed. If I had required waterproofing, they would have replaced the crystal (superdome for service dome) and the crown (original twinlock for triplock)
    That was my experience about the same time too with a c. 1966 Sub 5513 and c. 1970 GMT 1675. On the latter I asked them not to replace the faded bezel and that was adhered to too ... I always checked what they were writing down when I took them in, and checked that these requests had been carried forward to the written quote when it came in the mail.

Of course, their protocols change, so maybe things have changed in 2017? However, my personal experience of Rolex St James was they did what I asked, and didn't do what I specified not to be done ...