closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: A tip for removing screwed lug bars.

A tip for removing screwed lug bars.

As usual I was struggling to remove the screwed lug pins/bars on my Glycine Airman 17. You know, trying to slot in two opposing screwdrivers and hold one steady whilst twisting the other. Very frustrating.

Anyway, I after a quick search I came across a youtube video (which I cannot find again for the life of me) that provided a great tip.

Tip is to put the watch back in it's box, around it's little cushion, and then the watch will be held steady and with the lugs raised so you can grip/turn the screwdrivers more easily. Admittedly the Glycine box is very substantial and so was perfect for the job.

I'm sure I'm the last to discover this trick, but it worked a treat for me.

Two people is also a good idea, get someone to to hold a little screwdriver tight, whilst you do all the turning etc - hate those things and have had my share of grief with them.

Came across a new one today, on the Hamilton, in the middle of the H links is a little tube and the pin needs to go through it - I broke my cheap e-bay bought tool doing it, but got there in the end.

God bless Steinhart with their simple one sided screw pins - heaven.

Journeyman
    Having a few Chronoswiss wathes in my collection and changing straps often I find this tool very helpful and you will not scratch the lugs.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gucci-Screw-...8AAOSwM4xXYBw2

Yes, that device looks useful, thanks. I would seriously consider it if I were changing screwed lug bars more often.

Incidentally the one you linked to says 'Does not ship to United Kingdom'.

Update: One thing that concerns me with the device above is that the description does not say which watch sizes it accommodates. I wonder if it's big enough to deal with bigger watches (Airman 17 = 46mm)? Doesn't look wide enough to me.
    Last edited by Alpha4; 21st April 2017 at 09:09.

I've got the Bergeron version. Works a treat.

Please excuse the Opinel covering the model number in the first picture.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha4 View Post
    Yes, that device looks useful, thanks. I would seriously consider it if I were changing screwed lug bars more often.

Incidentally the one you linked to says 'Does not ship to United Kingdom'.

Update: One thing that concerns me with the device above is that the description does not say which watch sizes it accommodates. I wonder if it's big enough to deal with bigger watches (Airman 17 = 46mm)? Doesn't look wide enough to me.
    I use it on my 44mm Chronoswiss Timemaster and it works fine but I had to remove the spring to have more clearance.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk