timefactors watches

Thread: Best place to have work done on IWC?

Craftsman

Best place to have work done on IWC?

The crown on my IWC Ingenieur 3227 only just bites the threads when I screw it down. There's also a speck of something on the dial which needs brushing off. I'd probably have it serviced as well.

I'm not sure I trust IWC with it, I certainly wouldn't send any of my vintage pieces to them. Who do you recommend to carry out work to a high standard using the correct parts in the UK?

Craftsman
    As a current and recent owner of my first IWC, I'd be interested in this too. OP, out of interest, why the distrust of IWC, previous bad experience ?

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Gomers View Post
    As a current and recent owner of my first IWC, I'd be interested in this too. OP, out of interest, why the distrust of IWC, previous bad experience ?
    Had date issue line up on a new aquatimer sorted for me at the IWC Boutique in London.
    Believe they have a guy on site
    Very Happy with service and repair

Master

Cool

I think Rocco at Watchworks in Bristol does IWC,did very good job on my Mk XII a while back.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Gomers View Post
    There's too many stories of people sending their Mark XI's in & them coming back with hands & dials changed & cases refinished. And them not returning the old parts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.f View Post
    I think Rocco at Watchworks in Bristol does IWC,did very good job on my Mk XII a while back.
    I work in Bristol so that could be handy

Quote Originally Posted by trident-7 View Post
    There's too many stories of people sending their Mark XI's in & them coming back with hands & dials changed & cases refinished. And them not returning the old parts.
    Not if you give them clear instructions otherwise ;)

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by trident-7 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I work in Bristol so that could be handy
    I asked Rocco only a couple of months ago regards servicing my 3227 01. Unfortunately it was a watch that he does not service :(