closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Best place to have work done on IWC?

Master
    Blog Entries

Best place to have work done on IWC?

The crown on my IWC Ingenieur 3227 only just bites the threads when I screw it down. There's also a speck of something on the dial which needs brushing off. I'd probably have it serviced as well.

I'm not sure I trust IWC with it, I certainly wouldn't send any of my vintage pieces to them. Who do you recommend to carry out work to a high standard using the correct parts in the UK?

Master
    As a current and recent owner of my first IWC, I'd be interested in this too. OP, out of interest, why the distrust of IWC, previous bad experience ?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Gomers View Post
    As a current and recent owner of my first IWC, I'd be interested in this too. OP, out of interest, why the distrust of IWC, previous bad experience ?
    Had date issue line up on a new aquatimer sorted for me at the IWC Boutique in London.
    Believe they have a guy on site
    Very Happy with service and repair

Master

Cool

I think Rocco at Watchworks in Bristol does IWC,did very good job on my Mk XII a while back.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gomers View Post
    There's too many stories of people sending their Mark XI's in & them coming back with hands & dials changed & cases refinished. And them not returning the old parts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.f View Post
    I think Rocco at Watchworks in Bristol does IWC,did very good job on my Mk XII a while back.
    I work in Bristol so that could be handy

Quote Originally Posted by trident-7 View Post
    There's too many stories of people sending their Mark XI's in & them coming back with hands & dials changed & cases refinished. And them not returning the old parts.
    Not if you give them clear instructions otherwise ;)

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by trident-7 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I work in Bristol so that could be handy
    I asked Rocco only a couple of months ago regards servicing my 3227 01. Unfortunately it was a watch that he does not service :(