closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New arrival- Aramar Transatlantic

Master

New arrival- Aramar Transatlantic

Spotted this in one of the not infrequent threads about homage watches. I love the 5711 with zero chance of ever justifying owning one, and never really liked the Bagelsport one. This has the advantage that it's DLC so won't be mistaken for a PP, the dial is beautiful, with deep horizontal grooves and a lovely dark turquoise colour that seems to subtly shift from green to blue. Swiss Ronda, but no second hand to miss the markers.

Very chuffed for about £180 delivered in about 3 days from Germany.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw this on the Aramar website.

Even though it's black, just the thought of wearing it made me feel uncomfortable. I've never felt like that looking at a watch before.

That's not taking anything away from the watch and my Aramar (Arctic Ocean) was every bit as good as the Steinharts I also had at the time so I've no doubt it'll be a quality watch.

I have been wondering about one of these, not the black admittedly, I know it's an unadshamedly copy/homage, but hell so are a lot of brands, a cheap way to try a style or look that is mostly out of reach.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post

Even though it's black, just the thought of wearing it made me feel uncomfortable. I've never felt like that looking at a watch before.

That's not taking anything away from the watch and my Aramar (Arctic Ocean) was every bit as good as the Steinharts I also had at the time so I've no doubt it'll be a quality watch.
    Funny you should say that as I felt the same. My Lunar Sky is a lovely watch though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    I saw this on the Aramar website.

is it because its a homage to a PP ? or something else ??

I think it's possibly because it's so close to a PP for comfort. I've happily worn both the Arctic Ocean and Steinhart Ocean 1s without issue though.

It's a shame because it's a lovely watch and far nicer than those with markings on the bezel.

Craftsman
    Any more pics?

Tempted to pick one up as a summer pool watch.

New arrival- Aramar Transatlantic

I went for the blue faced version with rose gold bezel and I'm quite pleased with it. The quality of the case is superb, a lovely mixture of brushed and polished. The weak point is the bracelet which is a bit squeaky, although the clasp is as solid as the Steinhart. It's no less a homage than my Steinhart Vintage GMT Ltd edition, but it suits its purpose. A dressy watch to wear to work without being precious about it