closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Used Aqua Terra Automatic

Craftsman

Used Aqua Terra Automatic

Can any Omega fans out there have a quick look at this for me & tell me if it's as good a deal as it looks? To my uneducated eye it looks too cheap for a 2016 model?

http://www.chrono24.co.uk/omega/seam...-id6037879.htm

I would say its expensive, some sold on here for less than that recently - I know you cant see SC yet

Looks overpriced to me

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by AAddict View Post
    Looks overpriced to me
    A 2016 model on Watchfinder.co.uk is closer to £3k hence I thought this was suspiciously cheap unless I'm missing something bearing in mind I know almost nowt about Omegas.

Master
    Isnt that the older model with the date window surround, not the newer Master Coax version?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Coot View Post
    Isnt that the older model with the date window surround, not the newer Master Coax version?
    I Googled the part number & it's a current number but you're right the date surround is different. https://www.omegawatches.com/watches...3110392103002/

Grand Master
    Doesn`t look particularly expensive to me.

The watch is only 1 year old with maker's warranty for 3 years, I don`t think it's badly priced.

Not sure how much a new one would cost with discount, but it's going to be significantly more than this one. Might be able to chip the seller down a few £££ too.

Just be sure it really did sell in 2016, I spotted the date window thing too, but personally I prefer the older version. I wouldn`t worry about the master-coaxial aspect either.

Provided it's good cosmetically I think it's one to buy .........but try for a few quid off the asking price.

Paul

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    Doesn`t look particularly expensive to me.

The watch is only 1 year old with maker's warranty for 3 years, I don`t think it's badly priced.

Not sure how much a new one would cost with discount, but it's going to be significantly more than this one. Might be able to chip the seller down a few £££ too.

Just be sure it really did sell in 2016, I spotted the date window thing too, but personally I prefer the older version. I wouldn`t worry about the master-coaxial aspect either.

Provided it's good cosmetically I think it's one to buy .........but try for a few quid off the asking price.

Paul
    The only other thing I thought of was is it a fake? Are these models commonly copied, I wouldn't have thought the visible action would be easy to replicate?

Grand Master
    I`m making the assumption that the seller is reputable and wouldn`t sell a fake. It would be easy to check the movement with the glass back, and I doubt whether anyone's copying the co-axial 8500 movement!

Paul

Master
    I`m making the assumption that the seller is reputable and wouldn`t sell a fake. It would be easy to check the movement with the glass back, and I doubt whether anyone's copying the co-axial 8500 movement!

Paul
    Fake

Real

There could be better fakes floating around.

Grand Master
    Close.....but no cigar. Hadn`t realised these were being faked, that would fool a lot of people unless they suspected it to be fake.

Paul

Master
    I sold one for £1900, as said above they do come up on SC and if you do buy elsewhere there is better fakes out there that are very very close, I know more than one person that's been stung by a rep omega.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Thanks for everyone's advice & help, the seller has no papers & the bracelet has been shortened so I'll keep looking.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeB687 View Post
    Thanks for everyone's advice & help, the seller has no papers & the bracelet has been shortened so I'll keep looking.
    Good decision IMO, strange not to have papers on such a 'young' watch.

A 2016 watch without papers is a bit hmm and as people have said slightly better value offers can be had on SC which in my personal view will have far more credibility than your chap linked above.

That's frightening as at first I thought there was no issue with the AT in question.That was until I checked my 8500 movement and the one in question is indeed suspect.

Craftsman
    That fake pic from JP would have fooled me! I wonder if there are fakes out there with the Ohm symbol correct?

Grand Master
    The detailed design of the balance cock and the shockproof spring are obvious giveaways, I'm sure there are plenty of other givaways too. No-one's faking the co-axial escapement correctly and a close look with a loupe will easily reveal the fakes.

I wasn't aware anyone was making fake8500's, I'm surprised at this. Anyone who knows what to look for won't be fooled, naybe that's the true advantage of the glass back!

Paul

Craftsman
    The detailed design of the balance cock and the shockproof spring are obvious giveaways, I'm sure there are plenty of other givaways too. No-one's faking the co-axial escapement correctly and a close look with a loupe will easily reveal the fakes.

I wasn't aware anyone was making fake8500's, I'm surprised at this. Anyone who knows what to look for won't be fooled, naybe that's the true advantage of the glass back!

Paul
    Hi Paul, can you explain to a beginner which parts the balance cock & shockproof spring in the pic are? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeB687 View Post
    Hi Paul, can you explain to a beginner which parts the balance cock & shockproof spring in the pic are? Thanks.
    I've been bewildered by part names in the past (and still am now), and found diagrams like this useful.

I'm sure that Paul will be along to explain properly shortly.

Craftsman
    Many thanks, that will certainly help me.

Grand Master
    It helps a lot if you're expecting to find fakes. It's all too easy to glance at the movement and think it's OK, but the devil's in the detail.

It sounds too obvious to state, but I`m going to say it: ALWAYS use a loupe or magnifier to inspect a watch, even if you think you're eyesight's OK close-up it's a whole lot easier to spot detail with a glass.

Paul

Craftsman
    Amazing that they even started to fake Co-Axial movements :-/ Very sad, but we should be thankful indeed for the see-through case back.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Jancik View Post
    Amazing that they even started to fake Co-Axial movements :-/ Very sad, but we should be thankful indeed for the see-through case back.
    Much easier to fake the quartz Aqua Terra!