closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: new military tool watch

Apprentice

new military tool watch

hello everyone new here first post, be gentle. ive been looking at a maratac mid size pilot watch for a everyday weekend wearer. anyone got one, if so what are your thoughts, and any alternatives you can think of , thanks.

Hi there and welcome to the forum. I don't know anything about Maratac watches but thought I'd say Hi anyway.

You might have more luck posting this in the main Watch Talk Forum as this BMW forum is not generally very busy - it's mostly talk about watches actually used by the military so quite a minority interest compared to the mainstream.

Two other tips from a relatively recent newbie myself :) :

First, if you haven't already done so, try out the Forum search function as well; something as specific as Maratac should show up really easily.

Second, show us some pictures of literally any watch or watches you might already own, in Watch Talk - guaranteed to give you a good introduction :)

Have fun.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Maratac watches are not particularly common in the U.K.
    I know they did two sizes the small being 40mm the larger being 46mm if I remember correctly.
    Maybe search over at Military Watch Resource (MWR) the owner of the forum was an agent for Maratac and sold all the watches and straps.
    Broadarrow.net is the website address
    Welcome and enjoy TZ-UK.

John

new military tool watch

Heh Carlo, I have one of their mid-pilots and I like it a lot, it's a decent watch, possibly a little too small for my big wrists but I am not overly keen on the bigger 44/46mm watches either. The lume is fantastic, keeps good time and generally easy to wear. It is what I would call a good entry level pilot style watch with a modern feel. It's not as good as your automatic Laco's or Stowa's but way better than Air Blue who I consider to be better than Tissell.

Last edited by Brucy; 21st April 2017 at 10:09.

Apprentice
    Hi Brucy would you say better than citizen bm6400 . Charges from America really bump price up of maratac, no one in UK sells them?

Sent from my SM-G900F using TZ-UK mobile app

Hi Carlo, sorry... been away for a few days!

I have a BM6400 also and hanging out to eventually upgrade it to a SARG009

It's a different watch, but I would recommend if you don't want to ship in the Maratac then look at the Citizen BV1060, it's a similar watch. Photo from the web

I've got to say there's a lot of citizen's out there I love, these 2 are just a couple.

The BM8180 is another nice field option from Citizen, photo off the web again, but from another WUS