closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: This shouldn't happen to a new pen?

Hybrid View

Master

This shouldn't happen to a new pen?

Bought a new Nakaya in January this year. Noticed that he part where the clip attaches is slightly askew! See pictures below. Surely this should not happen to a new pen. On my word of honour It has not been dropped or mishandled.

Is it back to the Nakaya?
    Have posted this on FPN as well.

Naka'd ??

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by notnowkato View Post
    Naka'd ??
    If I wasn't upset I'd have found that funny!

Why are you telling us?

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    Why are you telling us?
    Because it's a Forum and people discuss things on forums maybe??

John

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    Because it's a Forum and people discuss things on forums maybe??

John
    Well wouldn't it be better to contact the supplier/manufacturer?

Quote Originally Posted by 72bpm View Post
    If I wasn't upset I'd have found that funny!
    I am sorry , but you know, when you get a silly idea, it is depressingly easy to be flippant.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by notnowkato View Post
    I am sorry , but you know, when you get a silly idea, it is depressingly easy to be flippant.
    No worries, it was punny!!

Master
    I presume it's an expensive pen then?

How much!!!

Jeez.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    How much!!!

Jeez.
    Just an arm!

I can lend you my Bic......?

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

It's not really clear what's happened.

Those pens are usually about £500

Did you buy it from iguana sell? Why not contact them they have always been very good when I bought from them.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    It's not really clear what's happened.

Those pens are usually about £500

Did you buy it from iguana sell? Why not contact them they have always been very good when I bought from them.
    Yes, bought it from Iguanasell. I emailed them yesterday no reply so far. When I was buying the pen responses were quicker!

Yes, bought it from Iguanasell. I emailed them yesterday no reply so far. When I was buying the pen responses were quicker!
    I have bought several pens from Iguana Sell without issues, one arrived without the paperwork I contacted them and they sent it on a few days later no problem just give them a chance! If the pen is broken I would suggest sending it back to Iguana Sell rather than Japan and risk all the problems of sending it outside the EU and a return back to the EU.

I have a few Urushi pens and they are indeed very beautiful, it is a shame when you get one of these pens and there is a problem with them but my thoughts are Iguana Sell will sort this out.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    I have bought several pens from Iguana Sell without issues, one arrived without the paperwork I contacted them and they sent it on a few days later no problem just give them a chance! If the pen is broken I would suggest sending it back to Iguana Sell rather than Japan and risk all the problems of sending it outside the EU and a return back to the EU.

I have a few Urushi pens and they are indeed very beautiful, it is a shame when you get one of these pens and there is a problem with them but my thoughts are Iguana Sell will sort this out.
    Email from Iguanasell, apologised for the delay in responding. They too were surprised that this has happened. They have send me a UPS return label have asked to me to return the pen to be shipped to Nakaya. They have also asked me to include box kimono etc etc Just incase this becomes a replacement issue! I suspect it may well boil down to tightening the screwhead in the cap!
    Last edited by 72bpm; 20th April 2017 at 21:02.

me to include box kimono etc etc
    Kimono?

Lol.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Email from Iguanasell, apologised for the delay in responding. They too were surprised that this has happened. They have send me a UPS return label have asked to me to return the pen to be shipped to Nakaya. They have also asked me to include box kimono etc etc Just incase this becomes a replacement issue! I suspect it may well boil down to tightening the screwhead in the cap!
    They usually take 24 - 48 hours to respond weekdays I have found looks like its all sorted. By the way, did you get a chance to try out the pen whats it like to write with? I have been looking at these pens for a next purchase.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Aramis9 View Post
    No idea about pens.... but as it is a reasonably expensive item are they subject to fakery?
    Would be very unusual to fake a Nakaya, Urushi Laquer is a very skilled technique and a pen can take months to make.

I wonder how they fix the blind cap on? Maybe its the same as this one https://www.nibs.com/pens/nakaya/nak...shu-unpolished

Personally I would drop Nakaya an email directly and see what they suggest. No it should't happen to a new and expensive pen.

Feel your pain...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by LuBee View Post
    Would be very unusual to fake a Nakaya, Urushi Laquer is a very skilled technique and a pen can take months to make.

I wonder how they fix the blind cap on? Maybe its the same as this one https://www.nibs.com/pens/nakaya/nak...shu-unpolished

Personally I would drop Nakaya an email directly and see what they suggest. No it should't happen to a new and expensive pen.

Feel your pain...
    I thought I'll contact Iguanasell first, if no joy then Nakaya, anecdotally Nakaya are quite slow to respond.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by 72bpm; 19th April 2017 at 23:50.