TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mac Donald's cheap food hack

Mac Donald's cheap food hack

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.mon...food-hack/amp/

Did this today

As long as you have a receipt for ANY item you can do this

So if there's a receipt left in a table etc

We won an apple pie on the monopoly thing and again got a receipt for it even tho zero spend

Great whilst the kids are off school

We're loving it lol

Craftsman
    And a lot of Calcium and Iron in it

Master
    Sounds good to me. I never seem to get lucky with the Metro and the free coupons (yet somehow my parter seems to find them in every copy she picks up).

I do like a big mac and fries from time to time, so can't complain about saving a couple of quid, that's an extra beer or two in the evening.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    What fresh hell is this.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    What fresh hell is this.
    In what way?

Quote Originally Posted by hafle View Post
    In what way?
    You mean you don't know?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    You mean you don't know?
    Clearly..

It's a method of saving money. I'm not sure what the issue is (which clearly there is based on posts made elsewhere). Me, I like saving money if it is an option.

Blog Entries
    McDonald's is ok every now and then…. Too easy to knock, but, serves a purpose for lazy families like mine every now and then (once or twice a month?)

Have done the same OP…. I get an (amazingly good) coffee on my journey into work most days and did it because of the staff that serve me…. I know if I mention them by name (on the survey) hey get a little bonus…. For 2 mins, it's with the effort
    Last edited by Wolfie; 13th April 2017 at 19:37.

That's what tramps do?
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    That's what tramps do?
    No they sell their clothes in sales corner, pay full price and make sure they are first in the queue at their local McDonalds AD.

Coffee is always good at McD
    I must admit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Falcata View Post
    I must admit

True dat!

I must admit

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    True dat!
    and makes you talk like a "homie" from the projects.............

Macdonalds - absolute crap! Coffee no better

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post

Macdonalds - absolute crap! Coffee no better
    My taste buds beg to differ... undoubtedly better exists, if you can be bothered (I can't), but, its way better than Costa, Starbucks, Nero et al

Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post

Macdonalds - absolute crap!
    Word!

Coffee is always good at McD I must admit
    Aye. For the price the coffee at Macdonalds is fine. I'd cheerfully choose it over a lot of the high-falutin' "barista" places.

Free food.
    It's amazing how free shit can mess with peoples minds. I watched 100 people queue for hours just for a free burger in the smelly summer heat of tooting high st, the kind of people who earn many times more per hr than the cost of the burger. Why would you do that? Because it's free! (Why not give those free burgers to people who really need it?)
    This was Honest burgers which I have eaten on the odd occasion but McDonald's is tasteless pap sold in very grim surroundings, I wouldn't eat that crap if they paid me.

The frisson of excitement at getting something for free fades far quicker than the bitter taste of regret at eating shite food.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    Free food.
    It's amazing how free shit can mess with peoples minds. I watched 100 people queue for hours just for a free burger in the smelly summer heat of tooting high st, the kind of people who earn many times more per hr than the cost of the burger. Why would you do that? Because it's free! (Why not give those free burgers to people who really need it?)
    This was Honest burgers which I have eaten on the odd occasion but McDonald's is tasteless pap sold in very grim surroundings, I wouldn't eat that crap if they paid me.

The frisson of excitement at getting something for free fades far quicker than the bitter taste of regret at eating shite food.
    I've got better things to be doing than sitting watching people queue for hours .......just sayin.

Craftsman
    I cringe when I see kids with their parents eating this stuff in cars . Worse still adults are making excuses to eat this rubbish .
    Even worse still I wouldn't be paid to eat it .
    More importantly my Cat won't eat it .

Blog Entries
    Blimey someone mentions McDondlds and it really brings out the supercilious tofu muncher in people… far too easy to be a huge snob about it

I have pretty refined tastes and my family and. I have a balanced healthy diet cooking from fresh preeety much every day

Saturday afternoon in town…. 5 people fed for under £20 quickly - it's fine occasionally and I quite enjoy my Big Mac (there I've said it)

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Blimey someone mentions McDondlds and it really brings out the supercilious tofu muncher in people… far too easy to be a huge snob about it

I have pretty refined tastes and my family and. I have a balanced healthy diet cooking from fresh preeety much every day

Saturday afternoon in town…. 5 people fed for under £20 quickly - it's fine occasionally and I quite enjoy my Big Mac (there I've said it)

I haven't been in years, when they did that chicken breast thing in the fancy bun (never a burger fan to be honest), but the older i get (40 now), the less i can stomach a McD's, last one i had about 3 years ago was a bit too salty and left an aftertaste that was there for hours, it was nice at the time, and i guess they've cut the salt/sugar, but it does seem to be a place you need to eat at regularly to enjoy the most.

Whats a "Hack"?

Master

I'm a classically trained chef. I love a big Mac or double cheeseburger burger every now and then. I couldn't care about the quality, i enjoy it. You are absolutely right about people becoming huge snobs when it comes to McDonald's,yet I'm pretty sure they have their own guilty pleasures.

supercilious tofu muncher

Craftsman
    I must admit, I also like McDonald's at times. Clearly not health food, but tasty, quick and reasonably priced. You often get coupons in the Metro for 1.99 or 2.99 meals.

Hack?! Clearly a Daily Mail reader.

That said, a good tip. I usually tear out the £1.99 coupon from the Metro so that I have a cheap safety burger on a Friday night if getting on the lash in town. This is a good alternative when the coupons aren't published.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    Free food.

HB is at the top of my burger list and relatively cheap compared to others. Rosemary chips are amazing.

Have you read the book "Fast Food Nation" by Eric Schlosser? great book - well worth a read.

It starts off with the history and "evolution" of the fast food industry in USA, followed by the history and current state of the meat processing industry......... by the end of the book I swore I wouldn't eat another MacD/BK/Wendys etc (not that I ate more than 1-2 a year).

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Clearly..

It's a method of saving money. I'm not sure what the issue is (which clearly there is based on posts made elsewhere). Me, I like saving money if it is an option.
    So go and scavenge other people's receipts from McDonald's as advised.
    I don't expect my discomfort over it to affect the additional pounds in anyone's pocket should they wish to "hack" cheap food.

Master
    So go and scavenge other people's receipts from McDonald's as advised.
    I don't expect my discomfort over it to affect the additional pounds in anyone's pocket should they wish to "hack" cheap food.
    Why would I need to do that. The hack clearly states I can just buy a cheap item and use that receipt. Or I'll just use the vouchers I generally have in my bag just in case the mood takes me.

I agree about the coffee, not bad for the money and I prefer it to costa, Starbucks etc, I stop most mornings at a dive through on the A1 and my usual server Chelsea is very smiley and chatty and a great start to my day. 😀
    Cheers..
    Jase

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Why would I need to do that. The hack clearly states I can just buy a cheap item and use that receipt. Or I'll just use the vouchers I generally have in my bag just in case the mood takes me.
    The OP referenced receipts being left on a table. The inference being to lift them.

Bizarrely, when answering your question about why I viewed it as a fresh hell I failed to make the entire scenario all about you.

Master
    The OP referenced receipts being left on a table. The inference being to lift them.

Bizarrely, when answering your question about why I viewed it as a fresh hell I failed to make the entire scenario all about you.
    Yet you decided to apply the OP's actions to myself. And if you don't want people to think you;re talking about them, best not to quote them, tends to indicate that the post is directed at the author of the quote.

Who really cares though. Your posts clearly seem to suggest you are one of the folk Wolfie is alluding to.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomaitch View Post
    I cringe when I see kids with their parents eating this stuff in cars . Worse still adults are making excuses to eat this rubbish .
    Even worse still I wouldn't be paid to eat it .
    More importantly my Cat won't eat it .

You took your CAT to MacDonald's?

My taste buds beg to differ... undoubtedly better exists, if you can be bothered (I can't), but, its way better than Costa, Starbucks, Nero et al
    Now I'm partial to the occasional macs breakfast and latte but I can say with absolute certainty that the coffee is not better than from an actual coffee shop...each to their own I guess 😳

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Yet you decided to apply the OP's actions to myself. And if you don't want people to think you;re talking about them, best not to quote them, tends to indicate that the post is directed at the author of the quote.

Who really cares though. Your posts clearly seem to suggest you are one of the folk Wolfie is alluding to.
    Sorry. Wasn't it you who asked what I meant by what fresh hell is this? And didn't I say that I didn't expect anyone to be swayed by my opinion?

Yeah. I did. And yet.

Lifting vouchers is for amateurs, the real winning life hack at MacDonalds is minesweeping. There are enough people too lazy to take their trays to the rubbish bins when they are sated - often having eaten only half the fries or drunk half the coke - to make this a most rewarding money-saving operation. I'd especially recommend keeping an eye out for Happy Meals; most kids only want the 'free' toy, so there is often a feast in nuggets and McFlurries there for the taking!

Quote Originally Posted by SimonK View Post
    Lifting vouchers is for amateurs, the real winning life hack at MacDonalds is minesweeping. There are enough people too lazy to take their trays to the rubbish bins when they are sated - often having eaten only half the fries or drunk half the coke - to make this a most rewarding money-saving operation. I'd especially recommend keeping an eye out for Happy Meals; most kids only want the 'free' toy, so there is often a feast in nuggets and McFlurries there for the taking!
    Genius, pmsl
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonK View Post
    As per my original comment - it's what tramps do.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Forgot to mention - napkins are free and available without restriction, fill your pockets each time you visit and you'll never need to buy toilet paper again.

Blimey

Just revisited my thread

What's going on?

£1-99 for Big Mac and fries turns into this?

I don't eat there often maybe grab something if on the road

However I know some with kids and teens are nagged for a fiver most weekends for a Mac Donald's Di thought it worth posting

The coffee seems fine to me
    Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sweepinghand View Post
    Blimey

Just revisited my thread

What's going on?

£1-99 for Big Mac and fries turns into this?

I don't eat there often maybe grab something if on the road

However I know some with kids and teens are nagged for a fiver most weekends for a Mac Donald's Di thought it worth posting

The coffee seems fine to me
    Lol
    You know how a thread ............. "develops"

Al

Quote Originally Posted by Sweepinghand View Post
    https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.mon...food-hack/amp/

Did this today

As long as you have a receipt for ANY item you can do this

So if there's a receipt left in a table etc

We won an apple pie on the monopoly thing and again got a receipt for it even tho zero spend

Great whilst the kids are off school

We're loving it lol
    Cool story. Got any more pro scrounging tips?

Receipts: sometimes ya win some, sometimes ya lose some. ;)

Mac Donald's cheap food hack

Quote Originally Posted by Belligero View Post
    Cool story. Got any more pro scrounging tips?

Receipts: sometimes ya win some, sometimes ya lose some. ;)
    Christmas is coming...

Master
    Just thinking do you even have to do a survey? How do they process a hand written code at point of sale? Or do they have to input the no. into the till? (Guess they must do)

One good thing about Mc Donald's and the only thing I go for is their frozen Strawberry lemonade.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jameswrx View Post
    Just thinking do you even have to do a survey? How do they process a hand written code at point of sale? Or do they have to input the no. into the till? (Guess they must do)

One good thing about Mc Donald's and the only thing I go for is their frozen Strawberry lemonade.
    I imagine they chuck the thing straight in the bin. They readily take those newspaper vouchers in the drive through despite it clearly saying it's not valid for restaurants with one.

They input the number into the till.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbee View Post
    You took your CAT to MacDonald's?
    No, thats what they put in Mc.heartfailure
    Last edited by sestrel; 17th August 2017 at 20:43.

Grand Master
    Been McDonalds free for 18 years, would rather chow down on my own shit than eat that even if free.
    RIAC