closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Florida Advice Please

Craftsman
    Hi all, whats it like in early April for easter holidays etc?

Quote Originally Posted by rdesouza View Post
    The climate is lovely in April but if coinciding with the US Spring Break then the theme parks will be very busy. Other attractions are not so mobbed, we were at the Dalí Museum in St. Petersburg a couple of weeks ago and it was fine (arriving early).

Master
    Just an option for the OP I use a company called 'Travel Counsellors' Can't recommend them enough, take all the hassle away from booking, check you in on the flights etc.... +find some really good deals, I've used them for years and have never had a problem- PM me and I'll send you over the contact details of the woman I use if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by rdesouza View Post
    My favourite time. Hot enough, around 80 degrees but little humidity.

You do get the odd rain shower but it is welcome.

I'm there now!
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post

I'm there now!
    Best time for me was mid October to early November. 80's everyday !

I'm sat at the lounge at MCO waiting for my flight back to Manchester. Been to the USA a lot but never Florida. Took my 1 year old and the mrs.

We stayed at Sonesta ES Suites on I-drive. I booked it all through Expedia but can't remember the breakdown. It was less than £2500 for a week with flights on Virgin and a seat for the little lad.

Sonesta ES Suites is nice, in a great location. Very clean. Not much more to say except it was good and I would stay again. We mainly chose this place because each room has a kitchen, ideal for the little man's bottles.

We used Advantage car hire (booked through Europcar). Was very impressed, it was the cheapest of the bunch, and every other car hire desk had a massive queue.

Paid nearly £800 for Disney tickets. Little man and gf loved it. I hated every last second of it.

We went to places like Applebee's, TGI and Golden Corrall for the first few days, but we found thy were all filthy and the food was pretty poor. Ended up booking some higher end places for the last four days, they were great.

Total spend around £6000 including eating out three times a day (would have been more if I'd picked up the SD4K I found in the mall). I'm all America'd out now and can't wait to get home.

I'm there now!
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB Scotland View Post
    Best time for me was mid October to early November. 80's everyday !
    There is the chance of a hurricane or rainstorms in the autumn though.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by haberdashery View Post
    I'm sat at the lounge at MCO waiting for my flight back to Manchester. Been to the USA a lot but never Florida. Took my 1 year old and the mrs.

We stayed at Sonesta ES Suites on I-drive. I booked it all through Expedia but can't remember the breakdown. It was less than £2500 for a week with flights on Virgin and a seat for the little lad.

Sonesta ES Suites is nice, in a great location. Very clean. Not much more to say except it was good and I would stay again. We mainly chose this place because each room has a kitchen, ideal for the little man's bottles.

We used Advantage car hire (booked through Europcar). Was very impressed, it was the cheapest of the bunch, and every other car hire desk had a massive queue.

Paid nearly £800 for Disney tickets. Little man and gf loved it. I hated every last second of it.

We went to places like Applebee's, TGI and Golden Corrall for the first few days, but we found thy were all filthy and the food was pretty poor. Ended up booking some higher end places for the last four days, they were great.

Total spend around £6000 including eating out three times a day (would have been more if I'd picked up the SD4K I found in the mall). I'm all America'd out now and can't wait to get home.
    That is a bit of wedge!

I stay at my son and daughter in laws so we only have to pay for the flights!

Great home cooking too.

I must admit, all the times I have been to Florida I have never been to Disney World.

- - - Updated - - -
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Blog Entries
    There is the chance of a hurricane or rainstorms in the autumn though.
    You are correct. Never been in January to April. I have been in Florida in May, June, July, August, September, October, November and early December.

That is a bit of wedge!

I stay at my son and daughter in laws so we only have to pay for the flights!

Great home cooking too.

I must admit, all the times I have been to Florida I have never been to Disney World.

- - - Updated - - -
    Yeah I hadn't totted it up until I saw this forum post. Pretty crazy!

I fancy California in May, but that's looking like closer to £10k with a decent hotel on the beach, car hire etc.

We did Disney, Hollywood Studios, Epcot, etc. in October half-term a couple of years back. The weather was fantastic and we had checked in advance that the American kids would be at school. Rides suitable for pre-schoolers got busy but there were very short queues for the bigger rides and attractions until mid-afternoon so there wasn't a lot of standing around. It was quite bearable.

Quote Originally Posted by haberdashery View Post
    I fancy California in May, but that's looking like closer to £10k with a decent hotel on the beach, car hire etc.
    Nah - I'm doing it in the peak August as a family of 4 for half that (see post #61), and that includes a stopover in NY.

We'll be staying in nice hotels, but won't be eating in posh restaurants as it's not our style. I find a bit of research on Tripadvisor sorts you for some great local eating places.

Don't know why you'd go to California to be on the beach. The water is always friggin' freezin', and the beaches themselves are nothing special when compared to somewhere closer to home -like Cornwall.

I'm there now!
    If it's 80's and you have a little rain then the humidity hits the roof. That's what is was like here today and at nearly 7pm humidity it still knocking on 90%.

Sent from 450 miles south of Miami

Craftsman
    thanks all

Looking at flight and going to Tampa is a lot cheaper. Was thinking doing about 7-10 days in Orlando and then 7-10 days a few days in Tampa and relaxing on the beaches with the kids.

i am in a similar (but perhaps worse) predicament about a florida/disney holiday

I can *only* go July/August - (the mrs is a deputy head)

so that puts it at 8K-10K all in

price goes down if we rent somewhere and split the rental costs of the accomodation with my sister and her kids.

but that doesn't bring it down much - and I have to fly to the uk too (but if i plan ahead I can get those on points etc..)

10K down the crapper, heat, humidity, noisy kids, queing..... i think i'd rather wait until the kids are a bit bigger, give them the dosh and they can go on their own

F.T.F.A.

I still contend that the best advice regarding mainstream Florida is "avoid". So many other places in the world to see instead that aren't a combination of a crappy shopping mall and a fat farm. :P