closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tiger 5508 V5

Tiger 5508 V5

Ive owned a few Tiger Concept homages and was looking forward to the V5 coming out last year with a proper single direction click bezel. However the Black Bay homage that I ordered wasn't so good, the crystal wasn't seated properly and the bezel was so stiff that you could barely move it. At this price level I couldn't really be arsed to return it so decided to tinker about with it myself - I gave up in the end and moved it on as a project via SC.

Fast forward to nearly a year later and the other week I fancied a bit of watch related cheap fun so thought I would give one of the V5's another go.

This time I went for the 5508 big crown homage in the Dr No / Goldfinger style!

It arrived the other day

DG2813 movement (the cheapest option!), uni-directional bezel, domed mineral AR crystal

The standard one shown on William Woo's site has an all white second hand - I asked William to fit a gold / white big ball

Case is nicely finished for this price point

The bezel turns smoothly with a quiet but firm click - very nice

Overall, this is the best quality TC watch Ive bought to date. The crown functions well and screws down smoothly. The movement winds nicely and timekeeping seems good so far, and none of the second hand 'judder' that is often talked about with these DG2813's

I think that it looks great and it certainly feels good on this Eulit

A shade over £100 delivered - which took less than a week from HK and no duty charges :)

Some good cheap fun to end the working week with!

Ian

Very good value indeed.

I had one rather similar. It was easily the most remarked-on watch I've worn to the office.

After reading some favourable comments elsewhere on this Bond strap I ordered one - still waiting for it to arrive a week later though which is a bit annoying as p&p was £8 and its coming from within the UK

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2823533239...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Master
    Really like the Tiger and best looking version imo, strap will look great.
    I've bought off the seller before, good quality but agree the postage has always been steep.

Quote Originally Posted by Velorum View Post
    After reading some favourable comments elsewhere on this Bond strap I ordered one - still waiting for it to arrive a week later though which is a bit annoying as p&p was £8 and its coming from within the UK

Nice, but ye Gods that's one expensive bit of nylon.

Quote Originally Posted by r1ch View Post
    Nice, but ye Gods that's one expensive bit of nylon.
    Your right - I think that I was being a bit impulsive there.

Anyway, lets see whats its like

Looks good, there's some incredible value out there these days.

Looks like its running about +20s a day

Master
    Happy (near) 10,000 posts, Ian! Enjoy the watch, and the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by SplitSecond View Post
    Happy (near) 10,000 posts, Ian! Enjoy the watch, and the weekend.
    Thanks! I am wearing it now, just the thing for a sunny spring day

Being kept waiting over a week after paying £8 postage really isn't on. I'd complain personally and feel they should reimburse you the postage costs after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetlee View Post
    Being kept waiting over a week after paying £8 postage really isn't on. I'd complain personally and feel they should reimburse you the postage costs after that.
    Your quite right - I'm going to message the seller now

Master

£8! Should be 75p second class in a jiffy envelope which are six for a quid in poundland. I'd want it hand delivered by a unicorn for that 😆

The seller responded. Said that he was late posting it (apologised for this) and that the anomalous price was due to the listing being a US one. Says he will issue a partial refund bringing the all in price down to £19. Still high for a nylon strap but if its as good as various posters on other forums say it is then all might be well.

Master
    I'd be interested in your opinion on the strap as I quite fancy one, only ever bought the perlon off the guy.

Master
    The seller responded. Said that he was late posting it (apologised for this) and that the anomalous price was due to the listing being a US one. Says he will issue a partial refund bringing the all in price down to £19. Still high for a nylon strap but if its as good as various posters on other forums say it is then all might be well.
    An aside: why the frank Finlay avatar? :-)

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by stefmcd View Post
    An aside: why the frank Finlay avatar? :-)

He has a splendid hair do

Journeyman
    The watch is splendid! What a result for not a big investment. Would work as a great holiday watch.

Quote Originally Posted by barryw View Post
    I'd be interested in your opinion on the strap as I quite fancy one, only ever bought the perlon off the guy.
    I'm afraid that that's not going to happen. After a number of messages to and fro via eBay it still hadn't appeared today so I told him that he needed to refund me in full. Ive just had an eBay notification that he has refunded and this should clear on the 14th.

Master
    I'm afraid that that's not going to happen. After a number of messages to and fro via eBay it still hadn't appeared today so I told him that he needed to refund me in full. Ive just had an eBay notification that he has refunded and this should clear on the 14th.
    That's very poor service! I used the guy years ago and received them the following day.
    Take a look at Watchgecko as they do a vintage bond one piece.

Thanks Barry, I might give that a go at some point. For now though I will stick to the Eulit - it really suits it.

Master
    Thanks Barry, I might give that a go at some point. For now though I will stick to the Eulit - it really suits it.

It does indeed wearing mine now and feels better once broken in, mine is the thicker version.

Not good Service, sorry to hear about that.
    On a more positive note, I would look upon it as dodging a bullet - too much money for an unbranded 20mm strip of nylon IMHO - there will I am sure be equally good options out there at a more palatable cost. Perlon looks very good on it

Apprentice
    Always had excellent service from Watchgecko and Watch Obsession. Sometimes I use Straps & Co (the New York one not the UK branch as better prices) and even coming across the pond they arrive in less than 7 days!

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Now that Watch Geko have stopped stocking Eulit I have had to go back to ordering from Holbens in the States. Expensive but great service - delivery in days.

Well, the Bond strap turned up this morning! Perhaps the fact that there was no post code on the address was a factor in its delay?

Anyway, the seller has already refunded me so Ive emailed him to ask how much he wants for it - I guess that I could have just kept and said nothing but that wouldn't sit well with me.

All this to one side, its a good strap, sewn as opposed to heat sealed and the buckle is very good quality. The colours look spot on to me.

Master
    That looks great Ian, really suits the tiger.
    Did you say the guy who sells the watches sold on eBay?
    Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by barryw View Post
    That looks great Ian, really suits the tiger.
    Did you say the guy who sells the watches sold on eBay?
    Cheers.
    Thanks Barry

I think he may on occasion - I have always dealt with him directly. William Woo is his name. I think that this is the 6th one Ive had from him. They have all been good apart from the last Black Bay homage. I'm sure that he would have rectified things if Id asked.

His email is pretiger@gmail.com or you can go through the website http://www.tiger-concept.com/5508-watch.html
    Last edited by Velorum; 15th April 2017 at 10:50.

Master
    You're not going to get a better suited strap for that watch.

Master
    Thanks Barry

I think he may on occasion - I have always dealt with him directly. William Woo is his name. I think that this is the 6th one Ive had from him. They have all been good apart from the last Black Bay homage. I'm sure that he would have rectified things if Id asked.

His email is pretiger@gmail.com or you can go through the website http://www.tiger-concept.com/5508-watch.html
    Thanks Ian.

Well, the Bond strap turned up this morning! Perhaps the fact that there was no post code on the address was a factor in its delay?

Anyway, the seller has already refunded me so Ive emailed him to ask how much he wants for it - I guess that I could have just kept and said nothing but that wouldn't sit well with me.

All this to one side, its a good strap, sewn as opposed to heat sealed and the buckle is very good quality. The colours look spot on to me.
    Received an email back from the eBay seller:

Fair enough. We all make mistakes. Ive sent him payment anyway.

Journeyman
    Having read Velorum's thread, I took the plunge and ordered one. I asked William if he could replace the bezel insert with a red triangle one. Unfortunately he forgot and sent me one separately in the post. I managed to get the bezel off and change it but I think I may have compromised the wire ratchet spring. There's a bit more play in the bezel than before and I sure it's going to come off sometime in the future. However at the moment I'm very pleased with it.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Very nice and absolute bargain, very tempted to order a Bond........