closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Interesting take on the "smart watch"

Interesting take on the "smart watch"

I'm not a fan of smart watches but I think this idea looks interesting. A smart watch with a touchscreen and real hands!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...t=EN_KSwatches

Thoughts?

Being an apple watch owner, i can tell you that the only thing i'd like to have on my watch are real hands.. coz it gives depth to it.. at the same time though, depth (or rather the impression of it) can be given by designers of watch faces by adding shades (which the apple watch lack of) and in reality it would be better this way because it would allow to have more freedom when it comes to changing its design, it would be more customisable let's say..
    lastly, the first watch with real hands and touch display, it's not theirs, but the tissot t-touch, which i also own.. and have to say, it's a great EDC and explorer watch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ian_O View Post
    I'm not a fan of smart watches but I think this idea looks interesting. A smart watch with a touchscreen and real hands!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...t=EN_KSwatches

Thoughts?
    They're $700,000 above target with 4,000 backers. Sounds like a few people agree! I personally wouldn't go for it - it's kinda like putting a wooden veneer dashboard on a racing car IMO.

Master
    If you look at the video where it is syncing with an iPhone 6, that's heck of a big and thick watch, so not for me. However the idea of a traditional watch with added smart features seems the way forward. Again it'll be let down by the charging issue as battery technology has a long way to come to catch up with modern demand.

Best feature? It's a 'normal' watch that works at a glance without having to spring the screen into life.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    it's kinda like putting a wooden veneer dashboard on a racing car IMO.
    That's an interesting analogy! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by nunya View Post
    Best feature? It's a 'normal' watch that works at a glance without having to spring the screen into life.
    Yes, agreed. That was what appealed to me, and would be the thing that extends the battery life.

Unconvinced. I want a smart watch to look like a smart watch, not a traditional one. I want to see design pushed, rather than confined to what people expect a wrist watch to look like.

Craftsman
    Looks interesting, I like the 30 days off a charge. That's the only thing putting me off a smart watch, having to charge it every night.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel306 View Post
    Looks interesting, I like the 30 days off a charge. That's the only thing putting me off a smart watch, having to charge it every night.
    You charge your smartphone every night, how much effort is to put a watch on a stand?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess it solves having to have the display always on to see the time, which is a minor annoyance with smart watches. I dont really like the design though.

Sorry, does nothing for me.

Agree with what people have said. Interesting concept, but the design does nothing for me.

Craftsman
    After getting burned on the Pebble Kickstarter, KS is not somewhere i look to for watches!

Quote Originally Posted by nunya View Post
    If you look at the video where it is syncing with an iPhone 6, that's heck of a big and thick watch, so not for me.

Width 44mm, height 12.8mm.

So far that is the only smart watch I've seen I'd consider buying...
    Last edited by bigvic; 4th April 2017 at 19:56.