closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Chronext Omega Discounts Heads Up!

Master

Chronext Omega Discounts Heads Up!

They appear to have new Speedie Pro's at £2,690. They've discounted them steeper than the auto Speedie Racers. Also new Seamaster 300 divers at £2,250. There are discounts throughout their Omega stock

Quote Originally Posted by Mark lowman View Post
    They appear to have new Speedie Pro's at £2,690. They've discounted them steeper than the auto Speedie Racers. Also new Seamaster 300 divers at £2,250. There are discounts throughout their Omega stock
    They've had those prices since before Christmas. Combined with any other discount you might find it's a very attractive price. I bought two when there was an extra £170 discount available last December.

Be prepared for a lengthy wait for delivery. I gave up.

Craftsman
    Thanks for posting Mark.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    Or just go to my friendly AD and get a nice healthy discount ;-)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by djjuk View Post
    Be prepared for a lengthy wait for delivery. I gave up.
    I recently ordered a seamaster from them and it arrived in 3 days

I gave up at 3 weeks.

Sent from my SM-G935F using TZ-UK mobile app

I got my Speedie Pro from them, it only took a few days to arrive. Came with a hand written note thanking me for my custom. I'm sure they do that with all deliveries, but I thought it was a nice touch.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Previously had a good experience with them...

However, I ordered a ladies aqua terra 3 weeks ago for a friend, delivery supposed to be on Monday. I emailed today to check all was going as planned and they then informed me that it wouldn't be coming, and that they would let me know at some unspecified point when it would be delivered. Not impressed that it took an email from me to find out.

Apprentice
    Hi Dudes and Duddetes from LA,

I'm looking at buying a Speedmaster Professional from Chronext and they have a price that is too good to be true. About $2800 vs. $3375 from Jomashop and $3600 from chitown watches. The lack of feedback on the net is holding me back from purchasing from them. Any thoughts? Are they the real deal?

Thanks for any feedback.

They are fine, and reputable - not an AD but will source directly from one for your order.
    It's just a matter of time...

Quote Originally Posted by RedPepperWolf View Post

I'm looking at buying a Speedmaster Professional from Chronext and they have a price that is too good to be true. About $2800 vs. $3375 from Jomashop and $3600 from chitown watches. The lack of feedback on the net is holding me back from purchasing from them. Any thoughts? Are they the real deal?

Thanks for any feedback.
    Have you taken in to account that you might also need to pay some import/duty tax on top of the price?

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Morning Wood View Post
    Have you taken in to account that you might also need to pay some import/duty tax on top of the price?
    Great question! I hadn't considered that. According to their site, import/duty tax is $81 USD, so pretty reasonable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    They are fine, and reputable - not an AD but will source directly from one for your order.
    Thanks for feedback.

Master

Thanks for any feedback.
    I think you should check your maths or math as you may no doubt say. The £2,690 they offer a new Speedmaster Pro at is currently around $3360. Including the $180 duty that is a landed total of over $3540.

Perhaps you are thinking that you won't have to pay the VAT? Good luck with that, it is pretty difficult to avoid or reclaim even if you are buying from overseas. It maybe worth a try asking if they will sell it you without VAT but I wouldn't be too optimistic.
    Last edited by Padders; 4th April 2017 at 06:51.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Padders View Post
    I think you should check your maths or math as you may no doubt say. The £2,690 they offer a new Speedmaster Pro at is currently around $3360. Including the $180 duty that is a landed total of over $3540.

Perhaps you are thinking that you won't have to pay the VAT? Good luck with that, it is pretty difficult to avoid or reclaim even if you are buying from overseas. It maybe worth a try asking if they will sell it you without VAT but I wouldn't be too optimistic.
    It is without vat

Thanks for any feedback.
    Welcome to the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Padders View Post

I've always found it relatively easy to reclaim so long as you research relevant paperwork and you're personally picking up the item. In this case, ask if chronext are part of the retail export scheme and they should sort the paperwork. Then get a customs stamp at the airport (or ask your carrier if they provide this service). You can then hand this in at the airport or post it back to the retailer.

Just call carriers and ask them about the customs stamp. There must surely be a few who do this.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    It is without vat
    Well if you can get it minus the VAT then that is indeed a good deal. As noted above by Scott, it is in theory possible to purchase outside the EU sans VAT when buying by internet for posting but in practice many retailers just can't be bothered with the hassle of the reclaim admin unless you are personally there and deal with the nitty gritty yourself. If Chronext are an exception then I should imagine they will be getting a lot of business from outside the EU at present.