closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Do you drive in France? You might not be aware of...

Any further south and i would have wet feet

Do you drive in France? You might not be aware of...

If you drive,or are planning to drive,in France you might not be aware of the new Crit Air scheme which requires you to display a vignette in your car window. They cost less than 5€ if you apply for them through the official site,but if you are caught without one you can be fined up to 135€.
    To be fair,they only apply in Paris,Lyon and Grenoble at the moment but expect it to expand.

Heres a useful link with info

Master
    Blog Entries
    Another money making con.

Not really a money-making con as I suspect the administration costs are barely covered at 5 euros a pop.

I think the article is a bit scaremongering - it is widely reported that there will be a long 'pedagogique period' when only warnings will be given, and the vignettes are only important when there are anti-pollution measures in place, i.e. when fine-particle levels are too high certain vignette colours will be banned from the city centre during daytime, but then only for one or two days until levels drop - with offenders having to pay a fine, eventually.

It will be a long time before traffic wardens (such policing is infra. dig. for the Police Nationale) start issuing tickets for non-display of a vignette.

Anyway, got mine and it's yellow.

Craftsman
    A good heads up- thanks. Will be ordering mine.

Out of interest how long did it take to show up?

When you pay you receive an e-mail instantly with a pdf receipt and a temporary vignette and flashcode.

Guys, as Simon said you only need to fork out if you're going to drive in those cities and I am sure most of you would give Paris a wide berth if you're driving. Furthermore you probably have a couple of years before it is effectively enforced i.e. you have to pay a fine if you don't have it. By which time it is possible that your cars would not be authorised at all in Paris (too old or diesel)
    In other words, give your €5 to Eddie's fund instead.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    Guys, as Simon said you only need to fork out if you're going to drive in those cities and I am sure most of you would give Paris a wide berth if you're driving. Furthermore you probably have a couple of years before it is effectively enforced i.e. you have to pay a fine if you don't have it. By which time it is possible that your cars would not be authorised at all in Paris (too old or diesel)
    In other words, give your €5 to Eddie's fund instead.
    Probably right, I'll be planning to be trundling around Grenoble way so for the sake of a few quid have gone for mine.. the cynic in me calls it a kind of 'GB' plate Brexit insurance..