closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: BMW Expertise - Brake Reaction Bushes?

BMW Expertise - Brake Reaction Bushes?

Morning all - wonder if anyone can offer some advice on this.

I got my car serviced yesterday, and on the invoice was an advisory note saying that the brake reaction bushes are soft. This is a new one on me - I'd never heard of these before - and having Googled it, among the results is this, on the website of the company that serviced the car, suggesting that this is a common weakness and advocating their own supposedly superior solution.

I'd welcome any advice, recommendation or reaction from anyone in the know on this, particularly if able to confirm whether it is a common failure point, and views on the non-BMW solution linked. I haven't investigated the cost of this yet, and would be interested if anyone could advise on what would be reasonable.

Thanks in advance for any input.

ETA: The car is a late 2009 Z4 35i if that makes a difference.
    Last edited by DMC102; 29th March 2017 at 12:17.

Try googling polybush or powerflex and your specific model to get feedback (alternative manufacturers of polyurethane bushes). Quite a few people try them then replace with OEM as they don't like the change to the ride and handling.

If it was me and they were going, I'd replace with OEM.

Quote Originally Posted by kungfugerbil View Post
    Try googling polybush or powerflex and your specific model to get feedback (alternative manufacturers of polyurethane bushes). Quite a few people try them then replace with OEM as they don't like the change to the ride and handling.

If it was me and they were going, I'd replace with OEM.
    Surprised the bushes go so soon - Audi seem to last longer but yes echo the comments and I would replace with OEM. Neat marketing to call them "brake reaction" bushes and so divert attention away from powerflex who seem to be the go to people for upgraded suspension bushes.

Thanks for the responses. Anyone who knows how hard the Z4 ride is will appreciate why I'm leaning towards getting the OEM replacements 😁