closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Church's / Cheaney Factory Outlets

Craftsman

Church's / Cheaney Factory Outlets

I've been wearing the same 5 black pairs of church, cheaney and loakes for a good few years with my most comfortable church's getting on for 15 years old. A recent promotion has got me wanting to treat myself to a new pair.

Having spent a couple of days browsing online, I've tonight thought sod it and travel the 1.5hrs to Northampton to the factory shops. Anything to look at? Tips or tricks to get the best deal or any must dos while there?

There a Church's outlet at Bicester Village which might be another option.

Master

The Church's Shop on the side of the factory is small - maybe 40ft x 15ft, or thereabouts.
    It's the sort of place where you'll either find something you like or draw a blank within 10 minutes.
    The stock turns over frequently, I've found that the more common sizes in brogue/oxford type styles are unusual to find.

I live within 30 mins and sometimes pop in when I pickup tickets for a Saints match.
    Not sure I'd make a "big" trip to it.
    I would recommend that you perhaps give them a call and have a chat about what they have currently and size ranges.

I've not tried the Cheaney shop and so can't comment in that regard.

HTH, best

Rich.

Craftsman
    There's a Church's outlet shop at Cheshire Oaks which may be worth a look.

Master
    I'd visit Crocket and Jones factory shop if your there superior shoes to churches and better reductions

If you're already up here check out crocket and jones, too. You can call up on the Friday and have them hold a pair for you for up to two weeks. Be there first thing as it starts to get busy 30/45 mins after opening.

Master
    Spent a few hours in Northampton a few weeks ago and visited Tricker's, Edward Green and Church. It was very hit-and-miss, though I found a good pair of Church's Graftons marked down £200 to £300. Tricker's had a nice little shop with a man who had extensive knowledge of the shoes and extraordinarily strong opinions about the world and its inhabitants; he shared both generously. Edward Green had many models and a very knowledgeable salesperson, though the shoes weren't what I was looking for and still quite pricey. Church's was quick, but the salespeople weren't really as sharp as at the other places. There were also shoes with serious marks. When I asked about them, I was told "we could take another 10% off, but frankly I wouldn't buy them." So they're a bit distant from the products and the sale of them.

All part of a nice day out.

Quote Originally Posted by JP28 View Post
    This

Craftsman
    Thanks all, made a couple of calls this morning. A few pairs of Church's available and the same with Cheaney only not much of a discount there. Unfortunately the c+j shop isn't open today so not an option.

Quote Originally Posted by a13x View Post
    Thanks all, made a couple of calls this morning. A few pairs of Church's available and the same with Cheaney only not much of a discount there. Unfortunately the c+j shop isn't open today so not an option.
    Did you call this morning? The C & J have altered their opening times I believe to 13:00 - 17:00 as mentioned in the link to the other thread.

Craftsman
    C+J is only open in the Friday and maybe Saturday.

Back home now, made it to Church's, trickers and lastly Edward green. I've got wide feet which make finding the perfect fit difficult. Unfortunately none in the Trickers store that would fit, the same at Edward green. Walked out with a pair of Church's Consul at a reasonable price. Edward Green was still expensive but does have a bargain corner where some better deals were (starting at £90 for some loafers)

Think I will make a proper day of it next time and get to the Cheaney and C+J store as was abit of a rush job today