closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: baselworld vintage omegas

baselworld vintage omegas

anyone else drooling over the speedy ?
    what a stunner

Craftsman
    Rather like the 38ish mm seamaster myself...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wits View Post
    anyone else drooling over the speedy ?
    what a stunner
    No. I accept that it is a faithful tribute to the 1957 watch, but it is not a looker. On a poll on WUS, the new LE v the Speedy Tuesday - the ST was winning hands down.

I think this will be another CK2998 in desirability and value terms, probably easy to get hold of and difficult to sell. Can't recall anyone on here sprinting off to get their name on a waiting list, whereas the ST sold out in 2 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    No. I accept that it is a faithful tribute to the 1957 watch, but it is not a looker. On a poll on WUS, the new LE v the Speedy Tuesday - the ST was winning hands down.

I think this will be another CK2998 in desirability and value terms, probably easy to get hold of and difficult to sell. Can't recall anyone on here sprinting off to get their name on a waiting list, whereas the ST sold out in 2 hours.
    Agreed. The new one, though nice, is a basically a reissue of the original and will be collectable for completists and those that can't afford an original. The Speedy Tuesday is easily the most attractive limited edition they've issued in years in my opinion and a damn shame I missed it.

The reissue railmaster is much nicer and the pick of the bunch, for me.

Master
    Vintage? do you mean the new omegas trying to be something they're not?

Master
    Blog Entries
    The reissue Seamaster 300 looks lovely to me. 39mm and the new bracelet is the icing on a good looking cake. I'm going to be sorely tempted

No. Why would anyone spend thousands on a watch and permantly explain that its not actually the real deal? Oh, you have a Van Gough Sunflower? No, my mate did it at art school......
    As for Mr Clooney flogging 'moonwatches' on TV, they are about as relevant to the 60s originals as a chavtimer to an 806.