closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rolex Bracelet

Apprentice

Rolex Bracelet

Hi,First post after lurking for a time. Loads of great info here which has been really helpful. Recently put my name on the BLNR list at my local AD and unbelievably got a call 4 days later to say they had tried everyone on the list ahead of me but no takers or uncontactable. Was a bit early for me TBH as this was/is a retirement gift to me but managed to conclude the deal.Lovely watch ,really nice .
    I had initially contacted AD re getting my 2001 Sub serviced so dropped off the watch when I picked up the new one. Just had a letter back from the dealer stating that upon inspection at service centre the watch needs a new bracelet as it is "badly worn". The cost quoted is £1005 .
    Has anyone else had similar experience. Apart from the clasp being slack I couldn't see a problem but obviously I'm no expert.I have worn the watch every day since it was bought.
    Any advice would be gratefully received,Cheers

I was quoted £750+VAT for 93150 bracelet with 501b end links from Rolex St James.

There are companies that can tighten and make good bracelets for a lot less than your quote so I'd do that first before buying a new one.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post
    I was quoted £750+VAT for 93150 bracelet with 501b end links from Rolex St James.

There are companies that can tighten and make good bracelets for a lot less than your quote so I'd do that first before buying a new one.
    Thanks Chris , could you post names please.I am based in North East

The best known refurb option is Michael Young, although it has to go to Hong Kong. The prices are very reasonable, and I've never heard of feedback that was less than glowing. If it was me, I would be looking at that

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    There is a thread on this subject this week somewhere. Seth the watchmaker is the other suggestion

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...Seth-brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Thanks Chris , could you post names please.I am based in North East
    As mentioned above:

http://www.thewatchdealer.co.uk/

Apprentice
    Chri,Dave mrushton thank you ,will get service done and sort bracelet later.All the best

Quote Originally Posted by helidoc View Post
    and I've never heard of feedback that was less than glowing.
    Ahem.

I don't think that anybody has been less than glowing about the work that Michael does however his comms can be very hit and miss. Even with my experience I wouldn't have many reservations about recommending his work but it's best if people go in with open eyes.

Craftsman
    I have a 93150 clasp with Mr Young at the moment in need of repair. I will keep You all informed

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by helidoc View Post
    The best known refurb option is Michael Young, although it has to go to Hong Kong. The prices are very reasonable, and I've never heard of feedback that was less than glowing. If it was me, I would be looking at that

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There have been bad reports on TRF, but those guys get shouted down quickly by the mob.

Craftsman
    It is worth taking in a deep breath and relaxing once you read the unnerving bad news about your bracelet having been assessed by Rolex . Their course of action is to try and return everything to as new condition as possible and a bracelet that is covered in marks , dents and dirt gets described as in need of replacement where in reality it has another twenty good years ahead without any further intervention .
    I had the same worrying news and it's worth keeping a level head and not allowing Rolex to bamboozle you into something that really isn't necessary .
    Some work to eradicate any issues can be done cheaply if you look ;-)

Apprentice
    Thank you Tomaitch that's reassuring.
    My Immediate reaction was one of mild panic I have to say.

^
    How bad is it? You do have the option of declining the new bracelet.

Craftsman
    Agree with the previous posters.

My experience has been that the RSC will always try and upsell on the service.

Last time, I sent a very explicit email to them, explaining that I was happy for them to service the movement, replacing any worn parts as necessary. They suggested that the dial paint was peeling, and suggested that it needed replacing.

I questioned whether the dial would affect the integrity of the watch, to which when they replied not, I clearly instructed them to leave the dial "as is".

They complied with my wishes, and just did the mechanical service.

If you take this course, you could then ask one of the members on here (Seth is one who is frequently mentioned on the forum) to take your bracelet on for you.

Good luck

Apprentice
    Thank you Mainspring I will follow your advice

Belligero, It looks fine to me in terms of appearance the only issue I could see was the clasp which would come slightly ajar during use ,if that makes sense. Upon submitting for service the AD said it would just get tightened.

Thanks to all that have assisted here I nearly had a Connery when I saw the letter , feeling better now though

Craftsman
    Would that be a Sean Connery ?

Apprentice

Talking

That's the one 😄

I'm assuming this question hasn't been covered on a ''Rolex '' forum at some time?

I have used both, Mr Young completely ruined a 93150 a while back and I have used Seth recently and all was good except for the time it took.

I have never ready understood the cutting corners on a bracelet. The watch is sole dependant on the bracelet to stay on the wrist. I had to take the plunge on a 93150 bracelet last year from Rolex, the new bracelet, clasp and end links came in at around £850 and Rolex let you keep the old one.
    I was advised if they were carrying out a service at the time and they kept the old bracelet then the price would reduce by 50%.
    I personally do not think £425 for a brand new bracelet and clasp is badly priced.
    I suggest the OP speaks to Rolex direct.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by boring_sandwich View Post
    I have never ready understood the cutting corners on a bracelet. The watch is sole dependant on the bracelet to stay on the wrist. I had to take the plunge on a 93150 bracelet last year from Rolex, the new bracelet, clasp and end links came in at around £850 and Rolex let you keep the old one.
    I was advised if they were carrying out a service at the time and they kept the old bracelet then the price would reduce by 50%.
    I personally do not think £425 for a brand new bracelet and clasp is badly priced.
    I suggest the OP speaks to Rolex direct.
    Thanks for the info. The price came from AD a week after I submitted for service . Didn't appear to be any room for negotiation. Do you have a contact number for service dept please ?

Thanks for the info. The price came from AD a week after I submitted for service . Didn't appear to be any room for negotiation. Do you have a contact number for service dept please ?
    It was Rolex St James service department I spoke with, after the price was confirmed I went in and they removed the old bracelet, fitted the new and took the payment handing me back the old bracelet and clasp.

Just google Rolex st James and ask for the service department.

Apprentice
    It was Rolex St James service department I spoke with, after the price was confirmed I went in and they removed the old bracelet, fitted the new and took the payment handing me back the old bracelet and clasp.

Just google Rolex st James and ask for the service department.
    Thank you

Thank you
    I just checked the receipt and it was exactly £850 including vat.

Worth noting it was for the hollow end link bracelet.
    Last edited by boring_sandwich; 30th March 2017 at 12:04.

Apprentice
    I just checked the receipt and it was exactly £850 including vat.

Worth noting it was for the hollow end link bracelet.
    Cheers

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    I'm assuming this question hasn't been covered on a ''Rolex '' forum at some time?
    Keep on sniping...