closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Parking in Aldeburgh, Suffolk?

Parking in Aldeburgh, Suffolk?

I've booked a short Easter break in Aldeburgh, Suffolk, in a house on the High Street but parking seems to be a problem, i.e. there is none at the house and the High Street is double yellows.

Has anyone been there or knows the town and can give me a few pointers about where best to leave the car? We'll be doing day trips so I'll be moving the car regularly.

Cheers in advance

There is a car park north of the town next to the beach. A short walk but a very nice one. Also a car park south of the town by the river estuary. Have fun in a lovely part of Suffolk. Make sure you visit Southwold for the Adnams beer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    My neck of the woods and you will love it, I am sure Ben may pop up.

There is plenty free off road parking out of the town centre up high as you drive in. The car parks in town and at the start of Shingle Street are all pay and display.

Whilst here do head into Southwold (chips down by the harbour), go crabbing at Walberswick Woodbridge is nice as are the market towns in Waveney. If you do head north to Oulton Broad my brother in laws pub on the cliffs at Pakefield does the best fish and chips for miles, I can make sure he gets some BIG fish in.

Enjoy Suffolk

Paul

We used to live in Beccles, another lovely market town on the Norfolk/Suffolk border. You could do worse than hire a boat there and potter around the broads for a day. Lovely part of the country.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jpjsavage View Post
    We used to live in Beccles, another lovely market town on the Norfolk/Suffolk border. You could do worse than hire a boat there and potter around the broads for a day. Lovely part of the country.
    I was born, schooled and hung around all three of the Waveney market towns. Beccles was a regular haunt growing up and still is only 4 miles up the road. Last one at home is at the Sir John Leman.

Mind you, nice up in your neck of.

Paul

Yes, Cheshire is lovely too but Suffolk is special. I did my teaching practice at Sir John Leman and then taught in Stowmarket and Debenham before heading up here. Happy days.

Going to pop up there for the day next week with the dogs. Special part of the world which we love to visit quite regularly. Fish and chips fried in dripping with a pint of Adnams = Heaven

Quote Originally Posted by Pitch3110 View Post
    I was born, schooled and hung around all three of the Waveney market towns. Beccles was a regular haunt growing up and still is only 4 miles up the road. Last one at home is at the Sir John Leman.

Mind you, nice up in your neck of.

Paul
    Apologies as slightly OT, but any weekday post work evening food / drink recommendations? Going to be working in the area for about 6 months so will have a chance to explore...

I know Southwold well as my dad retired there about 10 years ago, but we can't stay with him anymore because my step mother hates us (long story). So we've had to book down the road and we'll meet him for a day in Aldeburgh.

I do miss Southwold and we have some good crabbing pictures on the harbour wall with our boy before it all went sour. In fact, I was in Southwold when I watched one of the greatest nights in Liverpool's European cup history back in 2005. Happier times.

Thanks for the parking tips. I'm looking forward to getting some fresh sea air for a few days

Parking in Aldeburgh, Suffolk?

As said before there are two main carparks, fort green (towards the sailing clubs) and Thorpe road (towards the Thorpeness). I believe you can get a weeks season ticket for £10 for all long stay and seafront car parks from the tourist information. There is also free parking in front of the white lion but that is taken very quickly.
    Having a holiday property also on the high street I know the problems, although we have off road parking invariably there is always more than one car around.

Pretty but pricey & sooo up its own ars*. A mini Nantucket/Hamptons vibe. Just use it as a base after the initial creep round.
    Beccles is more real, the people actually live there, unlike Aldeburgh & Southwold! You must try The Beccles Fish Bar, formerly Pecks, the middle cod is the size of a house brick.
    Been here 21 years, got outta sarf London to raise the cubs. All 3 good SJL kids & doing well on the back of it.
    Oh, the Friday Street car boot, on the A12 Snape turn off is a must. Had many a rich picking there.....

You'll be on Zoopla before ya know it!
    Last edited by bongo; 27th March 2017 at 23:04.