closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Parking near Wembley Stadium

Master
    Blog Entries

Parking near Wembley Stadium

Taking my 80 year old dad to see Oxford V Coventry in the EFL Trophy final this Sunday. He's ok to walk but I don't want the hustle and bustle of the train so want to drive in. Can I park nearby without needing a mortgage, is there a congestion charge and/ or can I park near the nearest tube and do the last leg by train?
    Any advice and tips greatly appreciated as its part of his 80th present (we last went in 1986 when Oxford won the Milk Cup) and want the day to run as smoothly as possible for him.
    Many thanks in advance

I've used just park before to book a parking space on someone's drive cost me about £12 and was a 10 minute walk to the ground

Wembley tube station if you're early about £1 or so

It's super silly cheap to park on the tube station car park

Master
    Blog Entries
    Thanks guys, both sound like good options and very cheap!!

Master
    Parking is a nightmare around Wembley at the mo, Brent Council has stopped a lot of the 'pop up' car parks operating, want you to use the parking at the stadium at £30 which can only be pre-booked (can't pay on the day) you can park in the outlet village for a £1.00 an hour if you spend £30 in the shops, restaurants etc... up to a maximum of 6 hours which is right next to the stadium.

I'd still be tempted to just train it, much easier and not half as much hassle as it used to be.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Glover View Post
    Taking my 80 year old dad to see Oxford V Coventry in the EFL Trophy final this Sunday. He's ok to walk but I don't want the hustle and bustle of the train so want to drive in. Can I park nearby without needing a mortgage, is there a congestion charge and/ or can I park near the nearest tube and do the last leg by train?
    Any advice and tips greatly appreciated as its part of his 80th present (we last went in 1986 when Oxford won the Milk Cup) and want the day to run as smoothly as possible for him.
    Many thanks in advance
    Another left field option,
    My workshop is based in Northwood Hills. It's a few stops from Wembly park on the Met line. Your more than welcome to park on my car park and use the station (it's a 2 minute walk from the station). That'll limit the time he's on the train.
    Or park there and jump in a cab / uber. Should be about £8 or so I think.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave O'Sullivan View Post
    My workshop is based in Northwood Hills. It's a few stops from Wembly park on the Met line. Your more than welcome to park on my car park and use the station (it's a 2 minute walk from the station). That'll limit the time he's on the train.
    Thank you very much Dave, that is a very kind offer which I may well take you up on.
    I'm talking to Dad tomorrow so will give him the options and see what he wants to do.

Fab offer

Another option would be to park around Dollis Hill underground station and jump on Tube. It's 2 stops from there, free to park, and if you're coming from M1 you won't get caught in traffic. If you're coming from West (Oxford) you may get caught in traffic though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope you get ''fixed up'' btw I thought your dad was a massive Arsenal fan?.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Thank you very much Dave, that is a very kind offer which I may well take you up on.
    I'm talking to Dad tomorrow so will give him the options and see what he wants to do.
    No problems at all.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    I hope you get ''fixed up'' btw I thought your dad was a massive Arsenal fan?.
    Thanks mate. Yes he is but despite my best efforts I couldn't get tickets for an Arsenal game against decent opposition.
    This final is a walk down memory lane for both of us as we were both 31 years younger last time we were at Wembley supporting our local team Oxford

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ribena36 View Post
    Another option would be to park around Dollis Hill underground station and jump on Tube. It's 2 stops from there, free to park, and if you're coming from M1 you won't get caught in traffic. If you're coming from West (Oxford) you may get caught in traffic though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks for that Mate, coming from Oxford but I'm expecting to hit traffic wherever I go!

Try down loading "JustPark".

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyg View Post
    Try down loading "JustPark".
    Thanks mate, I think we will probably go with Daves very kind offer.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I'm sending you a PM Dave as Dad and I would like to take you up on your kind offer please.... we really appreciate it and once again this forum has proved that there are many decent people left in this world thankfully.

Craftsman
    Wembley is all double yellows on match day for a good mile around the ground.
    If you are coming in on the M40/A40 Dave's kind offer in Northwood Hills is very doable alternatively you can exit at Hillingdon and park around Ruislip where you can jump on the tube.

I parked in one of the stadium car parks not only was it around £30 it took 3hrs to get out of the place!

Cheers

Ross

Parked in an official car park a few times. Think it's called Carey's, so assume that's the warehouse/factory it serves.

About 5 mins walk and never had an issue getting away. Drops you onto the North Circular with the option of heading to M6 or M40.

will be back in there for semi against Arsenal.

Malc

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm68 View Post
    Parked in an official car park a few times. Think it's called Carey's, so assume that's the warehouse/factory it serves.

About 5 mins walk and never had an issue getting away. Drops you onto the North Circular with the option of heading to M6 or M40.

will be back in there for semi against Arsenal.

Malc
    Think you mean M1 Malc and are you really that exited about the Arsenal game.

Master
    Hillingdon is your best bet, there will not be parking restrictions on Sunday or Northolt PARK and get a overground to Wembley Stadium station ( the only problem is you have a long wait for a train after the game.)
    Last edited by Chabsy; 29th March 2017 at 14:42.

Just to add (although this looks like its sorted).......

From Oxford, I would drive to High Wycombe or Beaconsfield (that has a massive carpark) & take the train to the Stadium station. Its so easy its unbelievable & literally a 5 minute walk into the ground.......

I went to the International on Sunday & was back at my local in Cookham (15 mins from Beaconsfield) by 7.30pm.

Enjoy the match!

Cheers

Paul

Northwood Hills is the best way. I leave my car at a friends house when I am heading into London.

After the concert, the tubes back into London are rammed for a couple of hours.
    Tubes to Watford Or Amersham are virtually empty :)
    Last edited by W124; 30th March 2017 at 17:29.

Quote Originally Posted by paul360m View Post
    Just to add (although this looks like its sorted).......

From Oxford, I would drive to High Wycombe or Beaconsfield (that has a massive carpark) & take the train to the Stadium station. Its so easy its unbelievable & literally a 5 minute walk into the ground.......

I went to the International on Sunday & was back at my local in Cookham (15 mins from Beaconsfield) by 7.30pm.

Enjoy the match!

Cheers

Paul
    I would recommend this or Princes Risborough, the access is better than tubes and is faster and easier

Thanks mate. Yes he is but despite my best efforts I couldn't get tickets for an Arsenal game against decent opposition.
    This final is a walk down memory lane for both of us as we were both 31 years younger last time we were at Wembley supporting our local team Oxford
    I should have a couple of spares for the semi as I'm going in Club Wembley.
    They are Cat 2 s and you will be amongst the City fans.
    You're welcome to them at face value if you can both sit on your hands should the unthinkable happen and your lot manage to get one ;)

I'm sending you a PM Dave as Dad and I would like to take you up on your kind offer please.... we really appreciate it and once again this forum has proved that there are many decent people left in this world thankfully.
    A brilliant result

Now let's see the Sky Blues do the business

Master
    Blog Entries
    Thanks to all who replied and a special thanks to Dave who I spoke with last night and is a total gent... Thanks again mate and speak soon.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    I should have a couple of spares for the semi as I'm going in Club Wembley.
    They are Cat 2 s and you will be amongst the City fans.
    You're welcome to them at face value if you can both sit on your hands should the unthinkable happen and your lot manage to get one ;)
    What a generous offer, thank you. Will speak to Dad later and make sure he's free that day... How much are the tickets mate?