closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Pam 372 owners ,how do you feel about your watch

Pam 372 owners ,how do you feel about your watch

I am in the market for one but keep having a little doubt ,then I really want one.So my question is how do you owners feel about the watch? Quality good .glad you bought ,value good,anyone regret buying one? Sorry for the questions but its a chunk of money for me so need to be sure.

Master
    I haven't owned one, but have fondled one, and it is a thing of beauty.

If God hadn't blessed me with wrists like spaghetti I would own one.

Love mine, it really does feel special when wearing it, sounds odd to say it but it does.

I can understand why you would ask though, its a big decision to make, theres a lot of choice at the price point and it would be easy to make the safe, dare i say it, predictable choice, but it a really nice watch that is relatively uncommon.
    Have you seen and looked at one in real life?

I looked at one in Berry's in Leeds once ,8k !! which put me off slightly.Then you read the Pam haters and it makes you wonder if it would hold its value well .Then when in HongKong I looked at some fakes and I mean very good fakes .But no matter what I keep coming back to wanting one….strange this watch game. I have seen one at what I think is a fair price, its just having the balls to say yes

Master
    Love mine! No regrets.

I traded mine a couple of weeks ago. I've had two PAMs and this was by far the best but, out of all of my watches, it was always going to be first to go when something else caught my eye. A solid and comfortable watch and seemed to be fairly robust. Also retains value quite well, i bought second hand and traded at no loss. Not sure why I didn't click with it. I think that, despite having owned two, I still see Panerai as a bit of a resurrected fad brand.

Quote Originally Posted by peter2704 View Post
    I looked at one in Berry's in Leeds once ,8k !! which put me off slightly.Then you read the Pam haters and it makes you wonder if it would hold its value well .Then when in HongKong I looked at some fakes and I mean very good fakes .But no matter what I keep coming back to wanting one….strange this watch game. I have seen one at what I think is a fair price, its just having the balls to say yes
    I guess its down to the price, buy well and you should be ok, I don't think they are getting any cheaper.
    I bought mine a year ago off the forum, a 2012 model for £4500ish, maybe slightly cheaper, there was some strap haggling I seem to remember, I recon I would still get my money back if I sold it.

If you can handle 47mm Pams then the 372 ist one of the best modern Panerais you can get, without spending a furtune.

I had a lot's of Panerais, 44mm, 47mm Luminors, Rads, Submersibles. But i had only one model twice - guess ;) - a 372.

First i traded it, because i was thinking the pureness of the dial is too reduced for me. But after 2 years i just give it a second chance and bought one used in good condition,
    and this is really a keeper now. The curves of the case, the inhouse handwind movement and the pureness with the unique shine of the plexi is awesome. All you need from a Panerai.

Even when it comes to scratches over time, this watch will get more an more character. Google for Simonas 372 with all those scracthes on the plexi. It looks like a PAM from the past.

Valuewise, you should by second hand - here in germany they are sold arround 5k Euros. So from this price point, the best bang for your bucks.

Here is mine:

there was one in London for £4400 a 2011 model that I nearly went for but didnt know if the pics made it look over polished if this makes sense? 5K euro's do you know where abouts in Germany,checked out chrono24.cheapest private is around £4200
    Last edited by peter2704; 27th March 2017 at 16:21.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I loved mine however the size gradually got to me so I moved on (7" wrists)

Def my fave PAM

Private sales in the germany watch forums ;)

there is something about the case shape which i think is even better then the classic 1950s case

i love mine, they are one of the few watches that look better the more beaten up they are

even though i have one, i still flick through pams for sale i'll see one and go, wow what's that and realise i already own one

they have now gone to sapphire for the crystal, head office keep getting phoned by the dealers asking if there are any plexiglass left, so although they made a lot of them, find a pre loved plexi

of note of all the 47mm i think it wears the smallest

Haven't got one,but it's my next big purchase,i think they look lovely,and as yourself when one comes up for the right money i'll be buying.

Journeyman
    Absolutely one of Panerais best releases in modern time! I have owned many Panerais for many years but this one is one of my favourites all-time. Luckily, they made it a normal series instead of a Special Edition which also makes it affordable.

Last edited by MichaelG; 27th March 2017 at 21:08.

One of the best modern Panerai, Ive had 4 over the past 6 years and if I hadn't been lucky enough to get a 587 I'd still own one now. A masterpiece of a watch.

Last edited by paneristi372; 27th March 2017 at 22:24.

Craftsman
    to my eyes it looks like you re carrying a chunky CRT monitor on your wrist.

I don't own a PAM372 or any other Panerai but I ve tried a few in the past including the 372.

Evangelos

PS I hope you re buying that 2nd hand..

Yep second hand

Oh well due to the lovely pics of the 372 you guys keep posting I have may have found one.

Oh well due to the lovely pics of the 372 you guys keep posting I have may have found one.
    Great news!
    I look forward to hearing your impressions.

Hopefully not the one I've got my eye on!!!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by McBeardy View Post
    Hopefully not the one I've got my eye on!!!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    pm me which one and Ill tell you.but i dont think so

Journeyman
    Love this watch.. oh how I wish I was born with larger wrists.

You won't regret your purchase - it's even a real strap queen.