closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Gas & Electric companies?

Gas & Electric companies?

I'm moving over the next month and fancy a change from EDF, they have been ok but not cheap. I'm thinking of trying OVO Energy, anyone used them? I've been with British Gas in the past but don't want to back to them as a provider. Are they all much of a muchness?

Master
    Would never ever go back to British Gas as they had the worst billing system i ever had the misfortune to use.

Been with EDF for last 6 years and been very very good and managed to get some excellent 2 year fixed deals.

However i noticed that when my fixed deal ends in June they don't seem to be offering any great deals anymore whereas previously they used to be the cheapest of the big six.

Will be watching this thread with interest.

We're with Ovo. Found the switch very easy. Their online portal is a joy to use and they've recently installed us a Smart Meter, which again was a painless exercise. They also pay interest on any credit balance of your account and return it to you without any quibbles if you end up overpaying to the extent you have a big surplus. We renewed with them recently and I'll confess I didn't go through the price comparison rigmarole this time around as they've been sufficiently good to deal with to not want to switch, so I don't know whether they're still the most competitive.

I have just kicked nPower in to touch, an absolute bunch of halfwits who could organise a proverbial in a brewery. I signed up with So Energy around two months ago as it was the best deal available and no pun intended but so far so good. It only took about 10 minutes online to get signed up and they sorted the change over seamlessly and its saving me £30 per month.

https://www.so.energy/

Blog Entries
    I have switched one year ago from EDF to Flow Energy, gas+electricity contract in both cases. This was because EDF wanted to increase ny direct debit from 120 to 142 per month, and Flow had good reviews, including Which? magazine. The switch was painless, and I have paid 120/month for 12 months with Flow.

After one year, I have a credit of 250 pounds, so now I am paying 95/month.

As I do not think I have changed my habits, I think Flow has been cheaper/better than EDF. Plus, the customer service answers the fone within one minute.

BWs
    Franco, Sheffield
    Last edited by Franco; 28th March 2017 at 15:48.

We have been with Utility Warehouse for around 4 years, they consistently have good pricing and an excellent billing / customer portal.

Craftsman
    Get onto itv now

Banned
    Moneysavingexpert.com has been my go to portal for nearly all my utility bills plus banking. Switch on itv now to catch Martin schooling the nation.

Sent from my SM-G935F using TZ-UK mobile app

I moved from BG to Future Energy 5 months ago and it's saving me £41 a month.

Craftsman
    Most of it for folks is about how much they can save, but after having crappy service from NPower (not being able to get the tarriff correct and later not being able to properly close an account and refund a balance) and bloody terrible service from The Co-op (meter reading was taken incorrectly and took 6 months to solve) I definitely wouldn't go back to either.

I currently use Flow and have had no issues. My current deal is up, but if there's not much between the benefit of switching rather staying with the offer I've received to fix and stay with Flow, I'll stay with them.

We've been with ovo for 3 years, consistently cheaper than the other providers,and someone else mentioned if you overpay, you get interest.

I've gone with OVO I'll let you know how I get on, I watched Martin Lewis with interest last night, (art of negotiation) it should be on the school curriculum.

Quote Originally Posted by wildheart View Post
    I'm moving over the next month and fancy a change from EDF, they have been ok but not cheap. I'm thinking of trying OVO Energy, anyone used them? I've been with British Gas in the past but don't want to back to them as a provider. Are they all much of a muchness?
    I've been with OVO for two full years and just signed up for a further two-year fixed price deal. The prices are fair, and the customer service is quick and polite on the rare occasion I've had to call them.