closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Line of Duty

Quote Originally Posted by CardShark View Post
    Indeed and I'm wondering if there's more to the arm injury that meets the eye. The infection is obviously getting worse, it looked pretty nasty in the last shot of it and she's now receiving medical help - why is it not healing? The story line doesn't need her arm to be infected, unless the three fingers are found later and a link is made between them and her injury... That would explain why the writers haven't allowed her arm to heal just yet, or is there something else?
    I wondered about that as well, I'm going for the swab that was taken will somehow link her to the killing?

I was totally gobsmacked when the Superintendent was rattled when she was questioning him, that just didn't ring true.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy_Drage View Post
    I wondered about that as well, I'm going for the swab that was taken will somehow link her to the killing?

I was totally gobsmacked when the Superintendent was rattled when she was questioning him, that just didn't ring true.
    DCI Denton tried the same tactic in series 2 after digging up Superintendent Hastings' financial details :)

Master
    Blog Entries
    Can't believe how good this series is. It's obviously going right to the wire before arrests are made.

Craftsman
    Not watched any of the previous seasons but must admit I am enjoying it so far, very captivating, the last 3 episodes have been linked just to make sure I don't miss them :)

I've just started to watch this, am on season 1 at the mo with he last episode still to watch. Although it has me hooked I have found some of the episodes really slow?

Master
    I only started watching it this season and I just can't get beyond Martin Compston's "English" accent!
    What were they thinking?

That being said, it's quite an enjoyable watch.

I find police procedurals a bit tedious, but my wife persuaded me to watch this.

I'm very impressed. Riveting stuff.

I'm going to have to go back to the previous series after this one!

Quote Originally Posted by Maysie View Post
    I am really surprised to see this getting such rave reviews. It is a decent enough watch, but some of the acting is truly dreadful and the story-line is very tenuous.

ACC Derek Hilton (Huntleys senior chap) is some of the worst, most wooden acting I have seen for very long time!
    Yes. Completely agree, we have been watching and calling him Captain Cardboard. It is hilarious when he delivers his lines. Mind you I'm not sure Thandie Newton's monotonous blank expression is exactly acting either...

Quote Originally Posted by mindforge View Post
    Yes. Completely agree, we have been watching and calling him Captain Cardboard. It is hilarious when he delivers his lines. Mind you I'm not sure Thandie Newton's monotonous blank expression is exactly acting either...
    Odd one. He does seem to be strangely out of place in that role.

He was funny as Jamie in The Thick Of It though.

Craftsman
    Yes. Completely agree, we have been watching and calling him Captain Cardboard.
    Er, I think it's called acting out a character, isn't he meant to be a cardboard character? I had a look to see if I had seen in in anything else and hadn't twigged he was in the last episode of Decline and Fall as the chief warder.

Quote Originally Posted by deryckb View Post
    Er, I think it's called acting out a character, isn't he meant to be a cardboard character? I had a look to see if I had seen in in anything else and hadn't twigged he was in the last episode of Decline and Fall as the chief warder.
    Can't be, the acting is appalling!

Craftsman

bow locks

In this day & age the altered exhibit would be discovered straight away as all exhibit bags are uniquely serially numbered & the fact it had been re-bagged would be immediately obvious to anyone with a modicum of investigative nouse. However I am interested to see where this ends up & completely understand there needs to be a degree of 'artistic licence'.

Quote Originally Posted by hops View Post
    In this day & age the altered exhibit would be discovered straight away as all exhibit bags are uniquely serially numbered & the fact it had been re-bagged would be immediately obvious to anyone with a modicum of investigative nouse. However I am interested to see where this ends up & completely understand there needs to be a degree of 'artistic licence'.
    THIS^^

Totally unrealistic.
    I know what I'm talking about, I served for a time in Cornwall Constabulary.
    Not one mention of pig movement licences; no sign of any Velocette LEs around the station; none of the characters have had to handle any lost property. And not one police vehicle has a bell on the front. Very sloppy production.

^^^ Come to think of it, I haven't heard anyone say "'Ello, 'ello, 'ello. What's all this, then?" What a shambles

Can't wait for Sunday, of course there are chunnel sized holes in the plot but there always is with this kind of thing.

I see there are a few people new to Line Of Duty, so a quick heads up ... there was a story line that ran through all the first three series, so it's distinctly possible that not everything will be neatly resolved at the end of this series. I have no idea if that will happen though.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob View Post
    I see there are a few people new to Line Of Duty, so a quick heads up ... there was a story line that ran through all the first three series, so it's distinctly possible that not everything will be neatly resolved at the end of this series. I have no idea if that will happen though.
    what story line was that, I must have missed it?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by soundood View Post
    what story line was that, I must have missed it?
    I think he's talking about the character called "The Caddy", the sub plot spanned the first three series.

Finished the first series, understand now why the title. I did find it pretty weak in places requiring a leap in the imagination but overall a good, albeit I found it a bit slow going, watch.

Quote Originally Posted by IAmATeaf View Post
    Finished the first series, understand now why the title. I did find it pretty weak in places requiring a leap in the imagination but overall a good, albeit I found it a bit slow going, watch.
    The first Season was OK, but things really get going with Seasons 2 & 3 with the lovely Keeley Hawes' DI Denton story :)

Hope so, might start watching season 2 today.

Craftsman
    Where are you guys getting previous seasons from? Is it just DVD, because I can't find them on iPlayer?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by StackH View Post
    Where are you guys getting previous seasons from? Is it just DVD, because I can't find them on iPlayer?
    The first two seasons are on Netflix. The third series I had to watch on Youtube.

So done and dusted and neatly wrapped up, setting up for Series 5 when they go after 'H'

Great end to a less well written fourth series (IMHO). Sets up the fifth series nicely though.

I didn't really fully understand why Roz went after Michael? Was it simply at the suggestion of Hilton or that she was under pressure to get a result or something that I missed? Also why did she not realise given the evidence or lack of it that Michael wasn't their man?

Master
    this series was excellent, although I thought the last episode the weakest.

Looking forward to the next series.

Craftsman
    I didn't really fully understand why Roz went after Michael? Was it simply at the suggestion of Hilton or that she was under pressure to get a result or something that I missed? Also why did she not realise given the evidence or lack of it that Michael wasn't their man?
    My take on it was that she put herself under pressure to get a result. She wanted to go places - 21 and a DI or SIO (or whatever it was she said). Lack of evidence became irrelevant as she was just looking to get Michael convicted.

Although I may be entirely wrong hahaha :D

Quote Originally Posted by redmonaco View Post
    this series was excellent, although I thought the last episode the weakest.

Looking forward to the next series.
    Thought the same too.

Rozs' character seemed to ebb and flow therefore being inconsistent.

I also thought that Balaclava man's main mission in life was to get the women so that they could be used as blackmail so I didn't understand why bodies were being found.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Grand Master
    Thought the same too.

Rozs' character seemed to ebb and flow therefore being inconsistent.

I also thought that Balaclava man's main mission in life was to get the women so that they could be used as blackmail so I didn't understand why bodies were being found.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Didn't Hilton explain that one, something to do with putting the fear into certain people every time a body part was found and keeping them in line, himself included as i'm guessing the girls killed had some DNA/links to certain people that they wanted to blackmail.

There was a few weird things last night though, such as the young DC who went from newbie being set up, to gun toting henchman?

It was also a shame that the young female DC who was always trying to please Roz wasn't caught out as well, she was either a really annoying actress, or a really good one playing an annoying character!

Yes I got that but then you'd think they would have also dumped their quarry from the first season?

Also what was the significance of getting Lenas fingerprint?

I don't understand why they use guns.
    Surely it's not only me that feels the full force of Vicky McClure's Death Stare?

It was really incongruous that they suddenly used guns in the last episode. And also that Hastings was such an excellent shot!

what about the member of the team that went on maternity leave - she used Jamie's password to put the video on the memory stick ...... thought she had always been clean. Something there left for next series ?

Why didn't Hilton get Jamie to get that for him directly ?

enjoyed this series a lot, but thought final episode wasn't as good as others - maybe all rushed as they left it at 60 mins when series 3 finale was 90 mins

Quote Originally Posted by dandanthewatchman View Post
    what about the member of the team that went on maternity leave - she used Jamie's password to put the video on the memory stick ...... thought she had always been clean. Something there left for next series ?

enjoyed this series a lot, but thought final episode wasn't as good as others - maybe all rushed as they left it at 60 mins when series 3 finale was 90 mins
    Good point.
    I enjoyed it, shame the shotgun swallowing chief at the end didn't get arrested too.

It was really incongruous that they suddenly used guns in the last episode. And also that Hastings was such an excellent shot!
    He's from the RUC, of course he can kill a man with a head shot!

I found the last episode quite entertaining, but, really, too far fetched to be a satisfying ending...

They even had Hastings saying "You're telling me our top Forensic guy couldn't tell a dead body from a live person?" and the only answer was "Yes"...

Sorry, didn't hang together at all for me...

M

Quote Originally Posted by dandanthewatchman View Post

Jamie was set up by Hilton via the character that left on maternity, he was set up so as to a) discredit and unstabilise Hastings and his team b) turn Jamie against Hastings and c) give Hilton an opportunity to take Jamie under his wing in order to influence him - when walking out of Hastings' office after he was accused of downloading the info he said he'd find somewhere else where he would be appreciated, or words to that affect. Neither Hastings or Jamie knew that they were being played and there wouldn't be a direct link back to Hilton.

Quite why PC Maneet Bindra (the pregnant character that set up Jamie, I had to Google her name!) turned mole I have no idea, and with Hilton now dead will we ever know?

It did get a bit rushed towards the end with more and more reason to suspend disbelief, even Jamie being set up was a bit daft as it should have been easy to twig what had happened (eg Jamie remembering that Maneet had asked for his password). I'll still be watching Series 5, and with "H" still being on the run will we discover a darker side to Hastings...?

Master
    I may may have missed something but what suggests that the mysterious 'H' wasn't in fact Hilton and thus dead?

Quote Originally Posted by CardShark View Post
    Jamie was set up by Hilton via the character that left on maternity, he was set up so as to a) discredit and unstabilise Hastings and his team b) turn Jamie against Hastings and c) give Hilton an opportunity to take Jamie under his wing in order to influence him - when walking out of Hastings' office after he was accused of downloading the info he said he'd find somewhere else where he would be appreciated, or words to that affect. Neither Hastings or Jamie knew that they were being played and there wouldn't be a direct link back to Hilton.

Quite why PC Maneet Bindra (the pregnant character that set up Jamie, I had to Google her name!) turned mole I have no idea, and with Hilton now dead will we ever know?

It did get a bit rushed towards the end with more and more reason to suspend disbelief, even Jamie being set up was a bit daft as it should have been easy to twig what had happened (eg Jamie remembering that Maneet had asked for his password). I'll still be watching Series 5, and with "H" still being on the run will we discover a darker side to Hastings...?

Quote Originally Posted by Padders View Post
    I may may have missed something but what suggests that the mysterious 'H' wasn't in fact Hilton and thus dead?
    Hilton appeared to have committed suicide though it was noted by either Arnott or Flemming that the death closely resembled the suicide of someone else related to the storyline, this opens up the possibility that neither were suicides at all.

Edit - it was Flemming that recognised that Hilton had committed suicide at the same spot that the social worker who was trying to blow the whistle on the child sex abuse case in the previous series was found dead, also by suicide... just checked on iPlayer. I have too much time on my hands! The coroner officially recorded Hilton's death as suicide.

Right at the end of this last episode Flemming deduced that Hilton wasn't the "top dog" in all of this and that there were other Balaclava Men out there still controlling or being controlled by someone/something, to which Hastings replied that he was satisfied that Hilton was "H" and then asked for his own 'photo to be removed from the board showing all those officers with their surname beginning with H. All a bit sus to me...
    Last edited by CardShark; 2nd May 2017 at 12:27.

Master
    I enjoyed this and the previous series but felt the final episode was a bit weak.

I found this quite interesting.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/tv/2017/0...ions-answered/

scooter

Quote Originally Posted by scooter View Post
    I enjoyed this and the previous series but felt the final episode was a bit weak.

I found this quite interesting.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/tv/2017/0...ions-answered/

scooter
    Just read that, sums it all up quite well.

Journeyman
    Watched the latest series in full yesterday and early this morning.
    Enjoyed it very much.

Not too sure why Jamie ended up armed though.

Blog Entries
    I very much enjoyed that, and the previous series.

This is why I love the BBC, no commercials and still a lot of good programs.

Daddel.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

I thoroughly enjoyed this season, much as I had the previous ones. I still think Lindsay Denton was a better character than Roz Huntley but Thandie Newton did a good job. I'm not one to require my dramas to have a documentary-like realism - a few plot holes or embellishments are fine by me, it's escapism after all. However, Tim Ifield's inability to distinguish a live body from a dead one was a little hard to ignore. Another biggie was the fact that Roz hit her head hard enough to leave a pool of blood under her and put her in a state resembling death (LOL!), however, she appeared to have no wound or any ill affects from this nasty injury the moment she awoke! She and Steve certainly seem to be made of sterner stuff and largely shrug off life-threatening injuries. Still, all good fun!