closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Line of Duty

Line of Duty

I thought this series (4) has started just as brilliantly as all the others. I'm not a huge fan of Police dramas (as there are so many) but all three series of Line Of Duty have been superb (shame Keely Hawes got shot a point blank range though in the last series)

Watched it earlier and agree. Started off great. Looking forward to the rest of it.....

Chris

I do hope thandie is only dreaming or it may smart a bit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its been a wonderfully written, casted, acted, and executed series from the beginning, I will get last nights first 4th season episode later tonight, and having read early reviews, it looks like its started off as well, if not even more refined that the previous three seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by SSTEEL View Post
    Its been a wonderfully written, casted, acted, and executed series from the beginning, I will get last nights first 4th season episode later tonight, and having read early reviews, it looks like its started off as well, if not even more refined that the previous three seasons.
    Definately edge of the seat stuff Mick :) BTW how you doing these days ???

Master
    Blog Entries
    I'm not one for TV dramas these days but made time to watch this with the wife. Really enjoyed and looking forward to next week.

1st time for me, I thought it was excellent!

Quote Originally Posted by wildheart View Post
    1st time for me, I thought it was excellent!
    You'll have to watch the three previous series, because they are just as good !! :)

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by odyseus10 View Post
    I thought this series (4) has started just as brilliantly as all the others. I'm not a huge fan of Police dramas (as there are so many) but all three series of Line Of Duty have been superb (shame Keely Hawes got shot a point blank range though in the last series)
    Suppose that saves me watching the last series!?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    totally missed this until two series turned up on Netflix last Year, and totally love it, as a scotsman it is great to see the intense, gritty tv I grew up with, like Taggart.

looking forward to this seasons offering

Agreed! Excellent start, hope it's a good as the previous ones.

Master
    Total garbage.

It was unrealistic, no senior officer whose project is under investigation would call unannounced on a forensic officers house, it would be a disciplinary offence as she would be digging a bigger hole for herself. It just would not happen in real life.

The defendants solicitor would not last two minutes in real life, he was asleep most of the time and this was on camera. The interviews would have been suspended.

Oh and a forensic officer who deals with dead bodies all the time does not realise the woman lying on his kitchen floor is still alive ?

This is just light entertainment, nothing more.

Master
    I'm hooked.

It looks as though the producers have again thrown us a curveball with the pre-release promotion. The publicity for series three was all about Daniel Mays, following in the footsteps of Lennie James and Keeley Hawes. He lasted one episode. Anyone think Thandie will be around for the finale?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    Total garbage.

It was unrealistic, no senior officer whose project is under investigation would call unannounced on a forensic officers house, it would be a disciplinary offence as she would be digging a bigger hole for herself. It just would not happen in real life.

The defendants solicitor would not last two minutes in real life, he was asleep most of the time and this was on camera. The interviews would have been suspended.

Oh and a forensic officer who deals with dead bodies all the time does not realise the woman lying on his kitchen floor is still alive ?

A bit harsh IMO

Of course she shouldn't have called at his home, but she is obviously not functioning correctly and it is in line with the story. (it is Possible for people to do things that they shouldn't after all)

I did think that about the solicitor but he showed that he wasn't sleeping as he piped up at any relevant point that needed saying.

Point 3. is a bit of a sticking point, but he was in a high state of panic, and who knows, the storyline may throw some surprises???

I say keep watching...

You eventually got there Mick, all by yourself.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ggmiller View Post
    Suppose that saves me watching the last series!?
    The last series was outstanding and well worth seeking out on BBC iplayer box set

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by redmonaco View Post
    the storyline may throw some surprises???

No may about it will throw up lots of twists and surprises.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Hotel View Post
    You eventually got there Mick, all by yourself.
    This makes me wonder what constitutes "Hard" entertainment ???? :)

Series 4 got off to a belter. I really enjoyed it. Saw the season with Keeley Hawks (series 2?), but have missed the others.

Master
    Blog Entries
    This makes me wonder what constitutes "Hard" entertainment ???? :)
    There's a fella that pops into the garage selling that from a carrier bag.

- - - Updated - - -

Three DVD's for a score if you're interested :)

Great first episode to series 4.

The high standard seems to have been maintained.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Craftsman
    Total garbage.

Blimey, tough crowd!
    I've watched all of the series and think it's up there with the best TV drama's.

Total garbage.

If I wanted to watch a documentary, I would.

Which is exactly what it's intended to be. Job done in my book and as it would seem, most other peoples.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Master
    Blog Entries
    I really liked the previous series

I enjoyed this one's start but thought the 'twist-at-the-end-of-episode-one' that wasn't a key character dying seemed a bit desperate...

But hopefully that won't deter from a great few weeks viewing

Craftsman
    Never watched it before, my loss! Excellent entertainment.

***SPOILER***

Blimey!

So, is Arnott dead? Is the husband Balaclava Man? And is his wife in on it...?
    Last edited by CardShark; 9th April 2017 at 22:15.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Another twist. Did not see that coming

Master
    Blog Entries
    SPOILER

my guess is that the husband thought she was having an affair, followed her to the flat. Saw the forensics guy leave and go up to confront his wife. Found her injured and waited for foresics Ted to come back and killed him?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave O'Sullivan View Post
    SPOILER

my guess is that the husband thought she was having an affair, followed her to the flat. Saw the forensics guy leave and go up to confront his wife. Found her injured and waited for foresics Ted to come back and killed him?
    SPOILER

Then why has he since asked her if she was having an affair? She would have been aware of him killing Tim Ifield if he was there and she wouldn't have received the injuries to her arm from the struggle with Tim, necessitating the removal of his fingers.

Definately edge of the seat stuff Mick :) BTW how you doing these days ???
    All good here, busy as hell :)

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BSB View Post
    SPOILER

Then why has he since asked her if she was having an affair? She would have been aware of him killing Tim Ifield if he was there and she wouldn't have received the injuries to her arm from the struggle with Tim, necessitating the removal of his fingers.
    True!

I suspect nothing is at it seems.

Maybe Lee whatshisface is Balaclava man, but why then attack Arnott?

Plenty of surprises in store, I'm sure!

M.

Quote Originally Posted by SSTEEL View Post
    All good here, busy as hell :)
    Good to hear it Mick 👍👍

I am really surprised to see this getting such rave reviews. It is a decent enough watch, but some of the acting is truly dreadful and the story-line is very tenuous.

ACC Derek Hilton (Huntleys senior chap) is some of the worst, most wooden acting I have seen for very long time!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    I suspect nothing is at it seems.

Maybe Lee whatshisface is Balaclava man, but why then attack Arnott?

Plenty of surprises in store, I'm sure!

M.
    Maybe Balaclava man had just killed Lee and was on his way out when he met Arnott!!?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Maysie View Post
    I am really surprised to see this getting such rave reviews. It is a decent enough watch, but some of the acting is truly dreadful and the story-line is very tenuous.

ACC Derek Hilton (Huntleys senior chap) is some of the worst, most wooden acting I have seen for very long time!
    I think the acting is pretty good but the lack of attention to detail on conduct and procedure spoils things and the plot is now bordering on the ludicrous.

If you accept that it is just light entertainment, then fine, but serious drama it is not.

If you accept that it is just light entertainment, then fine, but serious drama it is not.
    I agree.

That is the reason why I just can't watch Silent Witness. It tries to be a serious drama, but is just so daft that it is in no way believable any more. Shame really as Emelia Fox is rather easy on the eye...

Master
    I think the portrayal of the ACC is pretty accurate, at least in relation to the many I've met over the years.

In some respects, many ACPO rank officers come across as actors in real life as they try to deliver all the people & diversity training they've taken on over the years...

It's entertaining stuff, but not exactly gritty or realistic. It's a shame the series is on at the same time as Broadchurch, which is arguably a bit more realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Maysie View Post

I don't think we have seen ACC Hilton show his true colours yet.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Another dramatic turn last night. The ACC is being played like a cat with a ball of wool. Roll on next week

Such a great series. Can't believe nobody has noticed her arm injury yet, she was pretty obviously awkward with it in last nights episode.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob View Post
    It's a shame the series is on at the same time as Broadchurch
    Same time different day, Broadchurch is on Mondays

Master
    My opinion is still the same - well acted but the plot is becoming totally stupid. It is just not realistic anymore.

My opinion is still the same - well acted but the plot is becoming totally stupid. It is just not realistic anymore.
    I'm guessing that you are not a regular at the Opera.

Craftsman
    I don't usually get drawn in to these types of dramas, but this one has got me hooked. Never watched the previous series.

Quote Originally Posted by raysablade View Post
    I'm guessing that you are not a regular at the Opera.
    PMSL.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Quote Originally Posted by -Ally- View Post
    Such a great series. Can't believe nobody has noticed her arm injury yet, she was pretty obviously awkward with it in last nights episode.
    Indeed and I'm wondering if there's more to the arm injury that meets the eye. The infection is obviously getting worse, it looked pretty nasty in the last shot of it and she's now receiving medical help - why is it not healing? The story line doesn't need her arm to be infected, unless the three fingers are found later and a link is made between them and her injury... That would explain why the writers haven't allowed her arm to heal just yet, or is there something else?
    Last edited by CardShark; 17th April 2017 at 12:45.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jason.humphrey.180 View Post
    I don't usually get drawn in to these types of dramas, but this one has got me hooked. Never watched the previous series.
    Same here. It may be a bit OTT/unrealistic but it has me and the good lady drawn in. Ideal Sunday evening viewing. Cannot imagine how this is going to conclude. Hopefully not in a disappointing anticlimax.

Quote Originally Posted by jason.humphrey.180 View Post
    You got three more series to catch up then :)