closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Santa Anita racetrack..anyone been ?

Craftsman

Santa Anita racetrack..anyone been ?

I'm off to LA for two weeks in June and always like to go racing when away.

Has anyone been here and can recommend best seats and if you can place a bet there ?

Being America I'm not sure if it's a lottery-based approach to betting (like Meydan) or there are traditional bookmakers there like the UK. Worse case I use my phone.

They have betting. Plenty of booths to go up to and place your bet.

I was there last February with a couple of guys from the UK and we were staying in Downtown. They were doing a race and wine tasting ticket. I kid you not. Was a really nice day out although my two colleagues lost a bit on the betting but I came away a few bucks up. There is a long straight at the finish and they have plenty of seats. Near the race finish there is a VIP area which our ticket covered so nice for sitting to see the finish and easy to get bets placed. We went by Uber and it was not too bad but on the way out (they have an Uber queue) an AMerican said about the code. Apparently they were sponsoring the Uber ride with 50% off. Well worth check if you are thinking about getting an Uber.

Here is a link showing the seating.
    http://www.santaanita.com/discover/seating-admission/

The web site gives lots of information on what is going, eating etc.

With the wine tasting and racing it made for a good day out and I am not a racing fan.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by imb1 View Post
    They have betting. Plenty of booths to go up to and place your bet.

I was there last February with a couple of guys from the UK and we were staying in Downtown. They were doing a race and wine tasting ticket. I kid you not. Was a really nice day out although my two colleagues lost a bit on the betting but I came away a few bucks up. There is a long straight at the finish and they have plenty of seats. Near the race finish there is a VIP area which our ticket covered so nice for sitting to see the finish and easy to get bets placed. We went by Uber and it was not too bad but on the way out (they have an Uber queue) an AMerican said about the code. Apparently they were sponsoring the Uber ride with 50% off. Well worth check if you are thinking about getting an Uber.

Here is a link showing the seating.
    http://www.santaanita.com/discover/seating-admission/

The web site gives lots of information on what is going, eating etc.

With the wine tasting and racing it made for a good day out and I am not a racing fan.
    Sorry I forgot I posted this.

Thanks for the info, it's exactly what I was after - I looked on the ticket prices last week and couldn't believe how cheap it was !

We are travelling via UBER so will check out the code if there is one. I've heard this is the best way to travel over there.

On another note, what are the must-see places in LA please ? We have the following in mind: -
    - Universal Studios
    - Rodeo Dr / Hollywood Boulevard
    - Venice Beach / Santa Monica
    - Hollywood sign / Observatory
    - LACMA / Tar piits
    - Day trip to Malibu
    - Day trip to Santa Barbera