closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Upcycling

Upcycling

I was at a bit of a loose end this morning, the sun was shining so for the first time this year I decided to head out to the garage to see what I could get up to. I've been thinking about this quick and easy project for a while.

All that's needed is a glass cutter, sandpaper and safety equipment. I set up a piece of 4x2 to give me a rest for the glass cutter then scored the bottle all the way round.

Into the kitchen and gently pour boiling water over the line, then run under the cold tap. The bottle broke no bother at all.

Started at 80 grit to flatten the rim then onto 400 600 and 800 to smooth and bevel the edge.

A quick and pretty easy project to reuse any bottles.

Cheers.

Master
    Wonderful stuff !!! Love it.

brightened the day even more

:-)

B

That's not one I've thought of, great idea.

I've a workbench made of cast iron lathe legs and scaffold boards and I've just finished rescuing this chandelier.

Craftsman
    Did you use a specific bottle cutter or a diamond stylus? I've tried this a couple of times before using the acetone soaked string set alight and cold water method but there was a lot of breakages and subsequently banned from attempting as the garage has now become shared territory with a new car purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Wonderful stuff !!! Love it.

brightened the day even more

:-)

B
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    That's not one I've thought of, great idea.

I've a workbench made of cast iron lathe legs and scaffold boards and I've just finished rescuing this chandelier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Olly View Post
    Did you use a specific bottle cutter or a diamond stylus? I've tried this a couple of times before using the acetone soaked string set alight and cold water method but there was a lot of breakages and subsequently banned from attempting as the garage has now become shared territory with a new car purchase.
    Cheers guys, I just used an ordinary glass cutter, the kind with the 6 tips you can rotate as they get dull. Seemed to work quite well. I'm now on the lookout for a good quality whisky bottle or something similar to see if I can make a heavier drinks glass.

Master
    Brilliant
    I'm 1/2 way through a log store form a old pallet and cr*p from behind the shed

It's great to see stuff being reused, this is a cigar box I repurposed to hold two Razors.