closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Odd PayPal transaction through bank account

Grand Master
    Blog Entries

Odd PayPal transaction through bank account

On checking my bank account yesterday I noticed a PayPal transaction for £235 which I have no recollection of, not unusual for me and once logged on to PayPal it triggers my memory and all is good.

However, yesterday I logged onto PayPal and there is no transaction for £235. Strange.

I changed my password straight away and did some digging but cannot fathom out what I bought for £235 and more oddly why the transaction is not showing on my PayPal activity log. This goes back to 9 March
    so would show by now.

Contacted PayPal to ask them to look into it fully expecting them to advise me to contact my bank as they have no record of the transaction and it's a bank issue.

However, this morning I received an email saying that my complaint has been upheld and the money would be added to my PayPal balance.

Result, but how has this happened?

human error? someones account similar by one number and they typed it in wrong?

Craftsman
    However it happened I would want to know the cause, and if they had taken steps to prevent it happening again.

Not a pre authorisation for something is it Ben? My car insurance was auto renewed, authorised, but the money wasn't taken for a few weeks. The transaction didn't appear initially but I opened the payment history to include anything over 30 days and located it. PayPal recorded the transaction at point of authorisation rather than actual payment in my case creating the confusion.