closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: My BFK gained 17 seconds in the last six months

My BFK gained 17 seconds in the last six months

I'm pretty chuffed with that!

I was expecting it to gain about one minute across the 6 months of GMT so last October set it to minus 30 seconds on the time signal.

This morning putting the watch forward an hour I checked it and it was minus 13 seconds so it had only gained 17 seconds in the last six months.

The question is, I suspect it will run faster the more you wear it and the warmer the room is, correct?

My normal wearing pattern is 4 hours, 5 nights a week, and the rest of the time it lays flat on the bedside cabinet. I'm expecting it will run a little faster during the summer months when it's warmer, so this time have just set it to minus 15 seconds on the time signal and will be interested to see how it does.

This puts the performance at about + 1/10 of a second a day. Great watches.

Journeyman
    Nice! My 116610LN lost 9 seconds since it was last set at end of October for daylight saving

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    So you have a decently accurate watch which you chose to set deliberately wrong? Interesting plan! The Seiko Kinetic is basically quartz with a rotor so I would expect it to be pretty accurate. My Omegamatic using similar tech gained about 1-2s per month so similar performance. Any quartz even the cheapest will be streets ahead of most mechanicals in this regard, though clearly not the Rolex above which is doing particularly well.
    Last edited by Padders; 26th March 2017 at 10:35.

Quote Originally Posted by Padders View Post
    So you have a decently accurate watch which you chose to set deliberately wrong? Interesting plan! The Seiko Kinetic is basically quartz with a rotor so I would expect it to be pretty accurate. My Omegamatic using similar tech gained about 1-2s per month so similar performance. Any quartz even the cheapest will be streets ahead of most mechanicals in this regard, though clearly not the Rolex above which is doing particularly well.
    Yes, that's about the size of it.

I have four watches I wear according to need. One black monster, one orange monster, the BFK and an old Casio waveceptor that was my father's I use for work outdoors.

In general the monsters need a spin, time and date set before use (Sat and Sun) and the rest of the time I just want to pick up a watch and go.

The real question is how different the time keeping is across the seasons, and according to wear profile (watch is warmer when you wear it). I guess I'll know in six months time.

Reset my Citizen eco drive diver today 2 seconds out in 4 months, / don't know what all the fuss is about.

Sent on the run.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.