closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tudor Submariner 7923 on ebay

Master

Tudor Submariner 7923 on ebay

I don't know much about these other than what I have just read online but I understand they are quite rare! In which case ebay seems a strange place for it with a seller with only 12 pieces of feedback...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/292060170753...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Wow, something special indeed. Mike Wood has the Rolex version - a red Sub from the 50's that blew me away when I got to see it and hold it.

I would have thought one of the big annual watch auctions was the place for this, not e-bay.
    Last edited by Wallasey Runner; 25th March 2017 at 22:09.

Apprentice
    No seller feedback, just buying.

It doesn't work....isn't that quite a risk at that sort of money?

Grand Master
    A very poor advert but stranger adverts have found a few gems oner the years, a lot of the nice older stuff hitting $100k now which is always a good indication
    RIAC

Master
    What amused me was the edit to the description to say the watch was now in a safety deposit box, almost as if he hadn't realised the value previously and panicked.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Binsull View Post
    What amused me was the edit to the description to say the watch was now in a safety deposit box, almost as if he hadn't realised the value previously and panicked.
    I was going to mention the edits.

I'd like to have seen the original advert. It almost reads like it was ...

here's a knackered old watch on auction (someone emails offering $50k, he does some research)

Watch is now in a safety deposit box and I want $100k

Don't these have that movement with the fragile rotor mechanism with no more spares available? It had better be working!

I only know that because I saw a 7928 in a pawnshop window in Australia last month and walked away due to movement worries (and the over inflated price and the hands didn't match). Super cool though.

[EDIT: scratch that, it's manual wind the 7923, don't know why I thought it had the same movement as the 7928]
    Last edited by fordy964; 29th March 2017 at 06:10.

Master
    Back up for sale.... at a lot more by the look of it!

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/th...ubmariner-7923

Master
    What great condition though!

Makes you wonder what's out there really doesn't it. I bet us enthusiasts don't see one tenth of it online. Got me thinking the other day when I was at the house of a customer of mine, he's not even got a mobile phone let alone active online! Reason I mention that was because he still has a car he bought brand new in 1987 sat there raised off its 80's tyres, covered up in his garage! His house is full of interesting stuff, signed celeb pics hanging on the wall etc. He'd never sell any of his belongings and imagine just how many thousands of people out there have watches tucked away they bought new in the 50's/60's/70's/80's

Mind you, it's a good thing for some of these watch values/stories I guess. If they all surfaced at once it wouldn't do much for the prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Binsull View Post
    Back up for sale.... at a lot more by the look of it!

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/th...ubmariner-7923
    Interesting stuff.
    Before anyone even thinks about it- H Q Milton has nothing to do with our HM.